Kellen Moore for OC?

morat1959

Reaction score
I just read here yesterday that Dak tuned Moore out. Hmm... I had thought they got along great, maybe some insiders aren't what they appear.

I think Moore is a smart guy but he wouldn't be my first choice. But the Cowboys know better than me who will be a good OC,
No they don’t!

erod

Reaction score
Doesn't mean we have to hire them to prime coaching positions. It would be the laziest iof all hires let alone stupid.....
Doesn't matter to me, but the truth is:

He's the all-time winningest QB in college football history.

Dak LOVES him.

You have absolutely no idea whatsoever if he'd be good or not. No one does.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Doesn't matter to me, but the truth is:

He's the all-time winningest QB in college football history.

Dak LOVES him.

This can be said about thousands of people, doesn't qualify them tho

erod

Reaction score
Every year there is always a move that comes up that the Cowboys can improve the team. Every year they snub the right move that should be made and do something no other good organization would even think about.
The options are limited. Are they going to completely change the offense in Garrett's possible final year to something Dak isn't even capable of? No, you keep it as familiar as you can with a few tweaks.

Offensive schemes are entirely reliant on the team running them. If Aaron Rodgers was here last year running Linehan's plays, the Cowboys would probably have been the #1 seed and still be playing.

Eddie

Reaction score
Moore is going to radicalize this O. He's going to turn Dak into a $150 million QB.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
As crazy as that sounds, The Fan said that's who Dak Prescott wants calling plays.

They are really close apparently.

Posted this on another thread, but the move makes perfect sense. Jerry Jones is going to let Jason Garrett play out his contract and coach for his job next year, the final year of his contract. You can’t bring in outside coaches to take an OC position in what is effectively a one-year job.

So they’ll promote from within and see what Garrett can do. It’s interesting, you’ll have three former NFL quarterbacks on the coaching staff.

I presume that Garrett would need to get at least to the NFC Championship game to get a contract extension next year.

morat1959

Reaction score
Posted this on another thread, but the move makes perfect sense. Jerry Jones is going to let Jason Garrett play out his contract and coach for his job next year, the final year of his contract. You can’t bring in outside coaches to take an OC position in what is effectively a one-year job.

So they’ll promote from within and see what Garrett can do. It’s interesting, you’ll have three former NFL quarterbacks on the coaching staff.

I presume that Garrett would need to get at least to the NFC Championship game to get a contract extension next year.
You are dead wrong. Garrett’s a lifer! Somebody else will be the scapegoat next year. This is Jerry’s world. Learn to live with it or find another team. It’s fun to dream but that’s all we got in JJ’s world.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

Yeah because he has ONE year of coaching experience. That's exactly the problem. This is an NFL team trying to get over the hump after decades, and you're handing huge roles out to guys with one year of experience coaching?

It's even better that they continue to hire subordinates, in this case Kitna, without their superiors on the staff.