Twitter: Kellen Moore has "high interest" in Boise State job

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
He should take it...easy decision. It's his alma mater and he's a legend there. He can get as much experience as he needs running a team and then if he is successful and wants to return to the NFL, he will be in demand.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Either you want to be here or you don’t. If kellen wants to leave then to hell with him.

Hope he has success in college, but as a cowboy fan he’s dead to me.

College HC is a tough gig, especially with how brutal recruiting can be. Kellen is a living legend on that campus right now. A few years as a non ranked team ruins all of that.

cern

Reaction score
One of the consequences of having a young, brilliant coordinator is that others will also want his services. Hope he stays. But if he chooses to leave, i wish him the best.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
:dance:.....Sounds like Kellen is washing his hands of this crap show. GOOD FOR HIM!!! Didn't want to see him get caught up in this train wreck. This ship is gonna sink either this year or next....he's been the only thing to keep this going for as long as it has. Come back home Kellen

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Gotta believe this is Kellen's job to turn down. The other two names are fallback plans.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:dance:.....Sounds like Kellen is washing his hands of this crap show. GOOD FOR HIM!!! Didn't want to see him get caught up in this train wreck. This ship is gonna sink either this year or next....he's been the only thing to keep this going for as long as it has. Come back home Kellen

You've been right about everything.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Gotta believe this is Kellen's job to turn down. The other two names are fallback plans.

I would not say that. Andy Avalos is s a legit DC, good recruiter and he used to play at Boise State. He is very high on their list and could be the preferred choice.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder if interviewing for a college head coach position at his alma mater and NOT getting the job will hurt him when it comes to getting an NFL head coaching job?

I mean think about it .. if that happened, a college team where he played would be saying, "No thanks!" to him

Before anyone chimes in, I am not predicting anything with regards to whether he will get the job, just wondering if it might hurt (not eliminate of course) his chances of getting an NFL head coaching job if that were to happen.

quickccc

Reaction score

Plus Kellen's contract with the Cowboys expires after this season,

i expect Doug Nussmeir to be the heir apparent OC or if they can get ex-Packer OL coacb James Camben to coach the OL unit, they'll
move Joe Philliben as new OC as what his role with Packers for much of MM era.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i want Big Mc callin' plays.
great gig for k-moore if he gets it.
he'll do well there...no doubt.

Zordon

Reaction score
Dak has to learn a new offense while learning how to walk again in a contract year.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Let him go to Boise Blue Field State. Some like anonymity and being a perennial winner against Mountain West conference chumps.
We wish him well.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

The fact Kellen has even interviewed for the job tells me everything I need to know....It's a done deal. Good for him....

quickccc

Reaction score
I wonder if interviewing for a college head coach position at his alma mater and NOT getting the job will hurt him when it comes to getting NFL a head coaching job?

I mean think about it .. if that happened, a college team where he played would be saying, "No thanks!" to him

Before anyone chimes in, I am not predicting anything with regards to whether he will get the job, just wondering if it might hurt (not eliminate of course) his chances of getting an NFL head coaching job if that were to happen.

But would we know why the two did not agree to terms ? would there be terms not acceptable to Kellen ..or not acceptable to the University ?
Money terms too far apart?

- i don't think anything that is not agreeable that causes him Not to get the Boise St job has nothing to do with his chances at what could've been
an eventual HC job in the future at the NFL level. He was the engineer of the No.1 NFL offense in total yards, and was damn sure on his way to
repeating that feat if not for the Dak injury.

- And we've seen guys like Zac Taylor (cincy) , Mike Nagy (chic) etc. coming from OC jobs with successful offenses to HC promotions.
Chiefs Eric Bienemy will likely be next known OC turn HC.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You don’t know what you’re talking about. Boise is a great city, place to raise a family, beautiful area and a high profile football program.
High profile?
San Jose State, Nevada, San Diego State and Hawaii are among the high profile group. :)
Boise's claim of distinction is a blue football field. Me eyes!!!!!