Kellen Moore is overhyped

fivetwos

Reaction score
Does anyone besides Jerry still think that Prescott can win games with his arm alone?

Not many if any.

Why would he be a good match with a pass happy OC?

Moore is clearly outmatched in the film room but Jerry needs to have his hand picked puppet in waiting.

That's how stubborn he is. Failed with Garrett so he is going to make this work with Moore and will wait WAY too long to pull the plug on it.....because he HAS to be proven right.

foofighters

Reaction score
I’m not sold on Kellen Moore; boy wonder. When he goes against a real coach he doesn’t adapt. The running game is a direct reflection of Kellen Moore, he has no idea how to scheme runs, he’s all about the passing game and when he gets figured out he doesn’t adjust.

I know everyone likes to blame Dak but that’s way off.. Dak isn’t going to run the offense like Manning, Brady or Rodgers, he’s a qb that needs a legit coach to scheme a game plan for him. He’s a solid qb not a freaking transcendent talent. So again it falls on the coach to do his damn job and come up with a game plan to win football games. The junk Kellen Moore was throwing out their against real competition was embarrassing.

Personally Kellen Moore can kick rocks, I’m not sold on him at all. I would much rather try and keep Dan Quinn. I mean he turned the worst defense we’ve had in years around in one off-season. You can see the coaching.

What’s the fascination with Kellen Moore?
I think The Fan stated it best. Jerry wants his Tom Landry. He thought that was Garrett and now believes it's Moore. It's obvious that training these guys on the job isn't working. We need coordinators who have spent time learning under good coaches and know how to respond to changes and at least have plays that are not from the 80s and 90s.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Don't forget Jerry's lifelong philosophy of players and coaches ought to perform just because they are paid well.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Well, to be fair, Romo trying to play like Romo caught us quite a bit of Ls too.

And that was even with the "Romo friendly" offensive approach.

IMO, stop with these stupid "young offensive minded" projects that are completely unproven, and find a coach with some freaking experience.

Again, JMHO

Young offensive minded coaches aren’t the problem. You just gotta find the right guy.

3 of the better offensive coaches in football are young guys with not a ton of experience.

JBS

Reaction score
Dak’s not a very talented football player. Better coaching won’t do much.

Great QBs win with just about any coach.

Also, Jerry Jones doesn’t believe in coaching anyways so don’t get your hopes up for anything to change.

Dak’s a 40 million dollar man and instead of pointing the finger at others he needs to play to the level his contract demands.

Dak deserves tons of blame. I’m not absolving him of that. I don’t have any hopes of a new coach coming in here. But there are plenty of sub par qbs that have their game elevated bc of their coach. Jimmy G is a prime example. So was Goff when he went to the SB. So was Wentz. The list goes on and on. Coaching can help. To suggest it can’t is not true. But it probably is irrelevant bc there won’t be a good coach that will be brought in here.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Young offensive minded coaches aren’t the problem. You just gotta find the right guy.

3 of the better offensive coaches in football are young guys with not a ton of experience.
Which 3 are you speaking of?

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think The Fan stated it best. Jerry wants his Tom Landry. He thought that was Garrett and now believes it's Moore. It's obvious that training these guys on the job isn't working. We need coordinators who have spent time learning under good coaches and know how to respond to changes and at least have plays that are not from the 80s and 90s.
Right.

Moore went from backup QB to staff.

It's clear he is pulling Garrett 2.0 yet again.

No prior experience and we wonder why he gets beat in the film room and can't adjust.

But Jerry's way is what we are stuck with.

One unqualified guy choosing another.

And we wonder why.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
We'll find out soon enough.

We've seen Dak with another OC and he was just living behind Zeke and that O-line. His best seasons stat wise has happened since Kellen Moore became the OC.

When/If Kellen leaves then we'll be able to judge him better. Although, I'll stick with Dak's abilities and football IQ being a bigger factor for the bad play than Kellens schemes. It's been 6 years of watching Dak. He is what he is.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I don’t know but if they think Dak’s arm is ever going to win them anything then it’s all a lost cause.

The Cowboys only path to success is doing what the 49ers do.

Use a few formations and throw a bunch of different looks out of it with a heavy run game that’s explosive.

Making Dak play like Tony Romo is a good way to catch Ls.
I rarely agree with you, but this is bang on. Problem is a QB with no arm will not get you to the pot at the end of the rainbow....I'd rather lose how we did then think we can win with a QB that just doesn't have what it takes to put the team on his back. Sure the 9ers may win a ring with Jimmy G, but I have hard time imagining the last rubber armed QB who lead his team to the promise land

kramskoi

Reaction score
He won 8 games in which his offense looked predictable then he followed that up with 6 wins in which he couldn’t win a damn thing without Dak. This year 12 wins with a stacked offense and once they figured him out it was over.

out of all the good teams Dallas has had this one was probably the second best behind the 2007 team and going into the playoffs I had the least amount of hope out of all the teams we’ve had. A huge reason why was Moore, he was lost and outmatched against solid coaches. I mean you look at the 2014 team, that was a team that could of won it all. Everybody trashes Linehan but at least he knew to run the ball. Play to your strengths.
No. This team is better than the 2007 version. Defense is better. The offense "started" better. Romo wasn't ready that year, just like Prescott wasn't ready his rookie year. The Dallas defense in 2007 was just too soft. I think you might have a better argument vs. the 2014 team, though the defense was still lacking back then. The best defense Romo ever had was in 2009 but the offensive line crashed (injuries) that year in the playoffs...and his receiver corp wasn't really dominant...dropped too many balls.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Does anyone besides Jerry still think that Prescott can win games with his arm alone?

He has done it. He won at New England with his arm. The were a top 5 defense. He has the ability.

He has weaknesses, though. The problem with our offence began with the OL and expanded from there.

• Teams realized that they could rush just 4 an get consistent pressure.
  • Dallas couldn't run against a light box to keep team honest.
  • As a result of above, opponents could drop more into coverage which Dak could not handle or diagnose the disguises well.
  • Dallas couldn't run against a light box.
  • Dallas offence is predictable (sticks, little motion, many tells)
  • Offence has too many penalties that stall drives.
  • Dallas receivers dropped critical passes and, at times, were off on their routes.
  • As a result of above, Dak is not great with anticipation passes unless the route is perfectly timed.

kramskoi

Reaction score
I don’t know but if they think Dak’s arm is ever going to win them anything then it’s all a lost cause.

The Cowboys only path to success is doing what the 49ers do.

Use a few formations and throw a bunch of different looks out of it with a heavy run game that’s explosive.

Making Dak play like Tony Romo is a good way to catch Ls.
This is basically what you are left with. Problem is, you don't have a Kyle Shanahan in the building. Moore and Prescott together are going to get McCarthy fired...sooner than later.

NotForLong

Reaction score
you don’t have an option. we are stuck w him for 3 more years. So it’s irrelevant.
Maybe . . maybe not.

He is signed for 3 years but that doesnt mean he will fulfill that contract.

This referee comment is bigger then most people think.

I didnt hear Jerry defend him and if anything Jerry was pissed He said that

All Dak had going for him at this point was His Public Image as a Custodian and the Face for the Cowboys Brand

That just got flushed in the worse possible way . .

No all Dak is perceived as is an unaware arse .

When you lose Jerry you lose all support

Dak finally has a short leash . . . 1 more year or maybe even 2/3 of a year may be all Dak lasts

Lets see how it plays out

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Kellen Moore is the poster child for watching the games and stop listening to PFF. If Dallas beats the Giants in week one of next year 650-0 and then gets shut out for 16 straight weeks, PFF would rank them as the best offense of all time. Numbers need situational context. Moore has run up numbers vs bad teams, or in 2019 in garbage time when down by multiple scores. He shows no ability to make an in game change or put a game plan together to exploit weaknesses.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
As I said in another thread, some say that it's Dak and not Moore. Or that Dak is "holding Moore back." If this is the case we'll see Moore have a chance to prove himself with a different QB and team. And only time will tell whether or not Moore is actually a OC who can sustain long term success in the NFL or whether or not he is worthy of a head coaching job.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Maybe . . maybe not.

He is signed for 3 years but that doesnt mean he will fulfill that contract.

This referee comment is bigger then most people think.

I didnt hear Jerry defend him and if anything Jerry was pissed He said that

All Dak had going for him at this point was His Public Image as a Custodian and the Face for the Cowboys Brand

That just got flushed in the worse possible way . .

No all Dak is perceived as is an unaware arse .

When you lose Jerry you lose all support

Dak finally has a short leash . . . 1 more year or maybe even 2/3 of a year may be all Dak lasts

Lets see how it plays out

They’re stuck with Dak. Dak can say or do whatever he wants.

lukin2006

Reaction score
This franchise is overhyped if you wanna get to the truth…Jerry is snake oil salesmen.