Kellen Moore is overhyped

fivetwos

Reaction score
Hold on here.....why stop at Prescott??

Take a guy like Biadasz. He is a decent player, strength is run blocking....so so against pass.

He becomes below average when the DT know its a run play.

Why does Williams insist on grabbing? Because he is a total moron? No because he isnt good enough to win consistently when the guy across knows pass or run.

There's NO other explanation to explain why Biadasz was so much better earlier in the season. He wasn't hurt.

I could beat Jackie Chan at poker if I knew which cards were coming.

NotForLong

Reaction score
The only choice Kellen has is to revert to the 2016 version of the custom Dak Prescott offense
Move him around buy him time let the receivers get wide open, he won't be afraid to pull the trigger.
Kellen Moore could not run the offense he wanted to run, however he should have switched it up for the good of the team
He didn't, good riddance
Problem is HOW DO YOU BUILD THAT 2016 OFFENSIVE LINE

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I am not so sure. . . I think the love affair is over.

And If Dak gets hurt or a QB falls to us in the Draft and Cowboys select Him . . . then Dak may only be here another year as a starter or even on the team

This was the year that was gonna finally decide Dak's Fate with the Cowboys . . . And Dak not only laid an egg . . . He had Amari talking . . . He was so horrendous fans blamed His Psyche and a fanthom Calf Injury

Then He goes out lije that with the Ref controversy

DAK IS A DEAD MAN WALKING

How? They signed a guaranteed deal with no trade clause.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Kellen Moore isnt overhyped

and when he goes against real comp he seems to get stage fright and wants to call a perfect game instead of calling plays based on what hes seeing on the field

if the corners are playing 10 yards off run a slant or quick hitch.....if theyre pressing call a go route

if the lbs keep showing blitz then backing off into coverage call a draw play and once they start commiting to that blitz throw at where they came from

That’s why Kellen Moore was a backup QB like his buddy Garrett and Troy Aikman was a 1st overall pick.

They call that pedigree and mindset.

You’re not going to teach pedigree and mindset.

Moore begoneth. Go elsewhere lil Keelan.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Moore is confusing bc last year he was using motion all the time, he had one of the highest % play action, and then he just stopped.
have to have real run game threat to create that and he could not get the OL or run scheme consistently moving so that disappeared teams found it easy to take away the run and rush 4-5 and play coverage. Hard to play offense like that we basically were one dimensional; and easy to game plan. still only lost those bigger games by less then 6 points. it ios the biggest issue

Offensive line, offensive line coach, Moore, and get at fixed to find a run game. Its not Zeke nor pollard its mess up front.

we kept Moore to make the transition easy on dak when MM was hired btu tat ship has sailed and we need a new offense and new voice with vison., Moore is simply a great pass game coordinator but cant seem to marry a run game into his scheme,. hes the OC he has to be able to work with Philbin and create a OL scheme that schemes the run game and compliments the pass game they seem very disappointed.

dak will need to grow up and learn new offense for him to take the next step. he will have to accept new voice in his headset and in meetings. its time to grow and Moores not the OC to do that hes young and learning himself and IMO holding dak back along with the offense,
if moore does stay MM needs to take more control of the play calls and gameplans,
time to rock the boat.

JBS

Reaction score
Maybe . . maybe not.

He is signed for 3 years but that doesnt mean he will fulfill that contract.

This referee comment is bigger then most people think.

I didnt hear Jerry defend him and if anything Jerry was pissed He said that

All Dak had going for him at this point was His Public Image as a Custodian and the Face for the Cowboys Brand

That just got flushed in the worse possible way . .

No all Dak is perceived as is an unaware arse .

When you lose Jerry you lose all support

Dak finally has a short leash . . . 1 more year or maybe even 2/3 of a year may be all Dak lasts

Lets see how it plays out

he has a minimum of 2 more years before there is any possible way they can afford to eat the dead money. That’s if they don’t restructure his contract. Which they probably will.

NotForLong

Reaction score
How? They signed a guaranteed deal with no trade clause.
Cut the dead weight or. . . Bench the dead weight until he loses his **** and demands a trade and drops the no trade clause

But we need to have a talented arm on the roster

An injury would set all this in motion (smoothest transition)

Or an all out mutiny in the locker room . . . If the team turns on Him would also set this in motion. (Ugliest worse case scenarion)

All of it definately pausable

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just don’t see a path for success in Dallas without a great team around this QB but they paid this man to put the team on his back and carry them which he is clearly not capable of.

Your 1 and only path to success is a bull dozing offensive line with explosive players that carry the ball.

Id let Amari Cooper go and get out of this business of trying to win games the Tony Romo way.

I have always been a run 1st guy. Even with Romo at QB.
Definitely need to address the OL in FA, as well as the draft. But I get the feeling, they will say, Tyron is fine, and will go with McGovern in place of Williams, saying he will have the entire off-season to improve. It is just how this FO operates.

You know I am a Zeke fan, so hope it really was more to do with his knee and the poor play of the OL. But that remains to be seen now. At least both Zeke and Pollard will be there. However, need an OC to understand that. I still say Zeke got some gas left in the tank to make a good go at it. But needs that Pollard boost also as in keeping both fresh. Neither can carry the load for 17 games.

I would have loved to see these WR's, and Zeke and Pollard (when both healthy) with Tony Romo at QB.
If we had Norv at OC as well. Now that offense would click.

fivetwos

Reaction score
You'll see when we're on OC #3 in the past 6 years and wondering "Man, why's Dak playing so bad?"

You'll see the light eventually. Maybe 3 OCs scapegoated is your magic number.
Yeah, I mean....is Prescott Aaron Rodgers?

No, but who really is?

Most QBs in the league are in Daks class and if you don't play to their strengths and cover their weaknesses you're beat.

We don't need a pass happy OC and we don't need THREE #1 WR. We need guys who can run block.

If 2016 vs other years didn't prove that I'm not sure what would. We paid the RB big time because the run was our strength.

But now we are stuck with the Jerry way of justifying that ridiculous contract.

It's called doubling down on dumb, which is a common Jerry trait.

fivetwos

Reaction score
All of what I'm saying here means I've gotta back off Elliott a bit also.

For two months now the opposing defense has either known or had a pretty good idea of what type of play was coming.

This is technically on Moore, but much more so on the guy who won't give up on his hand picked Tom Landry attempt.

Now I'm gonna go punish myself for using the names Moore and Landry in the same sentence.

NotForLong

Reaction score
he has a minimum of 2 more years before there is any possible way they can afford to eat the dead money. That’s if they don’t restructure his contract. Which they probably will.
This could get ugly fast . . . I still predict the locker room going with Micah over the fraud Dak

The dog we saw in this team was a direct result of Micah's competitiveness . . . (its all over social media the way Micah wants to win everything he competes in). . . sooner or later Micah's culture is gonna clash with Dak's Culture of IT WASNT ME

Sooner or Later Micah is gonna Call Dak out

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, I mean....is Prescott Aaron Rodgers?

No, but who really is?

Most QBs in the league are in Daks class and if you don't play to their strengths and cover their weaknesses you're beat.

We don't need a pass happy OC and we don't need THREE #1 WR. We need guys who can run block.

If 2016 vs other years didn't prove that I'm not sure what would. We paid the RB big time because the run was our strength.

But now we are stuck with the Jerry way of justifying that ridiculous contract.

It's called doubling down on dumb, which is a common Jerry trait.
You're right.

If Dak is the QB the only chance of success is building a dominate run game and defense.

It's just going to be impossible with Daks contract. I remember people saying "in two years that contract will be a bargain". No it wont. Paying Dak that kind of money will NEVER be a bargain.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Rams, 9ers, Packers.
While I guess you can say McVay, Shanahan and LaFleur don't have a "ton" of NFL coaching experience, when compared to Garrett and Moore, they look like Socrates.

Cowboy "young offensive minded" coaches:
  • Jason Garrett was a player, then a QB coach for 2 years, then jumped to OC. And had been coaching a total of 6 years before becoming a HC.
  • Kellen Moore went from player one year, to QB coach the next year, to OC the following year.
  • JG has only coached on two teams, and KM has only coached on one.
Compare those two progressions to McVay, Shannahan and LaFleur:
  • They all had, AT MINIMUM, 6 years of NFL position coach experience Before they even had a chance to be an NFL OC.
  • Then add they they all had, AT MINIMUM, of 9 years of coaching experience before coming a Head Coach.
  • They all coached on a minimum of two other NFL teams before landing a HC spot on a team they never coached on before.
So maybe you are right, "young offensive minded" coaches are not the problem. But I would counter that "inbred young offensive minded coaches" are.
:grin:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not sold on Kellen Moore; boy wonder. When he goes against a real coach he doesn’t adapt. The running game is a direct reflection of Kellen Moore, he has no idea how to scheme runs, he’s all about the passing game and when he gets figured out he doesn’t adjust.

I know everyone likes to blame Dak but that’s way off.. Dak isn’t going to run the offense like Manning, Brady or Rodgers, he’s a qb that needs a legit coach to scheme a game plan for him. He’s a solid qb not a freaking transcendent talent. So again it falls on the coach to do his damn job and come up with a game plan to win football games. The junk Kellen Moore was throwing out their against real competition was embarrassing.

Personally Kellen Moore can kick rocks, I’m not sold on him at all. I would much rather try and keep Dan Quinn. I mean he turned the worst defense we’ve had in years around in one off-season. You can see the coaching.

What’s the fascination with Kellen Moore?
He is a Cowboy, simple as that.

The Cowboys had the #1 offense but how many top defenses did they beat? What are Moore's stats in those games? DEN, LV, AZ and SF?

JustChip

Reaction score
Overhyped?! This forum is nothing but torches and pitchforks for him now!
Now, but not after the first 2 weeks of the season. He was a hero, perceived to be the anti-hero tailoring his game plan to the opponent. Strong run defense (Tampa)? Air it out. Strong pass defense (LAC)? Ground it out. Fans on here make Sybil seem stable.

Last edited:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Who is hyping Kellen Moore?

Seems like he is a hot commodity with all of the teams who have head coaching openings interviewing him. If he is really that great and if it's truly all on Dak like some claim, then let's see what he does if he gets hired elsewhere. Especially on a team like the Jaguars, who has Trevor Lawrence.