Kellen Moore on the run game

endersdragon

Reaction score
bring in somebody this year if it will help.
Just like I said in the obligatory Garrett post (seriously, I think if we when the Super Bowl the Tuesday afterwards people will be calling for him to be fired), it's hard to get people midseason.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
I'm curious as to why Moore described Zeke as highest paid and not best.....probably nothing there.
Because he saw what a mid round guy like Alexander Mattison did to us last week...
Zeke is many things, but a top 5 back this year, he is not....

Carter

Reaction score
We always do the exact same runs with Zeke.

Slow developing up the middle or an easy HB Draw. Its very easy to predict.

Teams found that out. Since the Jets Game they know they are selling out to stop the Run.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Last week, Zeke rushed 11 times for 24 yards against 5 and 6 man boxes. I haven’t seen the All-22 for this week yet but I suspect that the numbers are similar.

He is slower. He isn’t breaking tackles. You can no longer count on him to get that first down on 2nd and 3rd and short. The myth that defenses are stacking the box is, indeed, a myth.

Basically, his body seems to be wearing down and this will be his last contract here. This is not hyperbole; ala Murray, I could see Zeke being out of the league in 3 years.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
anyone think we have any all pro's on the o-line this year? Not speaking in terms of past accomplishments but this year only. Have they played up to snuff?

of course we do, 100%. Did you see the time that Dak had to throw today? It was unreal. The announcer made the comment that a timer isn’t necessary, you could use an hourglass to count how much time he had.

The offensive line has been dominant. This doesn’t fall on their shoulders. And as a running back, you have to break some tackles or make someone miss.

stinkface

Reaction score
Most of our runs are slow to develop it seems. No quick hitters ever. Also Zeke never seems to have the speed to get wide like in the old days. He is no doubt worn down. Pollard needs at least a 3rd of the touches.

BHendri5

Reaction score
And this is who should get more touches. We are using Cooper as a decoy because he is obviously hurt. Might as well get him the ball a little more.
SMH , so if he were to be open, should Dak throw him the ball, when all he is on the play is a decoy?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
This is a passing team this year, sometimes you just have to accept your identity and roll with it. Live and die with it. I think the coaches have had a hard time accepting that fact at times but hopefully they are starting to get it.

Correction. Garret has a hard time accepting the fact that this is a passing team. Only him.

I think he might feels threatened by Moore who has come in totally changed the offense around to what it is. I believe that if Moore has full control of this offense we will see more presnap motions, bootlegs, play actions, RPOs, and screen passes.

You think that play action pass to Jarwin was designed by Garrett? I have my doubts. I think that was mostly Moore's call.

stiletto

Reaction score
Correction. Garret has a hard time accepting the fact that this is a passing team. Only him.

I think he might feels threatened by Moore who has come in totally changed the offense around to what it is. I believe that if Moore has full control of this offense we will see more presnap motions, bootlegs, play actions, RPOs, and screen passes.

You think that play action pass to Jarwin was designed by Garrett? I have my doubts. I think that was mostly Moore's call.

Agreed.

morasp

Reaction score
I saw him in an interview and he said if they sell out to stop Zeke we're not going to be stubborn but take what they give us. In the past the formula was to take Zeke away and make Dak beat them with his arm. They went to the passing game yesterday and Dak delivered. Going forward defenses are going to have to pick their poison.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The nucleus of the OL is comprised of players who are physically limited, due to injuries.

The OL could be improved if this team invested in backups for those who are so limited.

It's likely simply a matter of time before our wounded o-linemen get increasingly injured.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Teams are clearly keying on stopping the run. That's opened it up for the passing game. When teams start making Dak their focus, it will open it up for the run game.

It wasn't hard to understand what he said
That's fine as long as Moore recognizes the need to change game plans in mid stride if need be

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
For the most part no not really but it’s not as formidable as it once was...

Definitely not. This was said many many times over the last 3 years, but some people kept claiming the line was fine and noting Zeke leading the NFL in rushing as evidence.