Kellen Moore on the run game

Staubacher

Reaction score
Last week, Zeke rushed 11 times for 24 yards against 5 and 6 man boxes. I haven’t seen the All-22 for this week yet but I suspect that the numbers are similar.

He is slower. He isn’t breaking tackles. You can no longer count on him to get that first down on 2nd and 3rd and short. The myth that defenses are stacking the box is, indeed, a myth.

Basically, his body seems to be wearing down and this will be his last contract here. This is not hyperbole; ala Murray, I could see Zeke being out of the league in 3 years.
Yep that's why what Jerry paid him made no sense. and on top of that a guy with that many issues and distractions is rewarded for holding out. I'm pretty sure we'd be 6-4 if he sat out the whole season, the teams we beat suck anyway

Reaction score
As a 1st year O-Coordinator and only in his 2nd year of coaching, it is highly likely that they told Kellen Moore to leave the run blocking scheme to OL coach Columbo.

There is a good chance that Moore is making a reference to the need for changes to the run blocking scheme.

I still wonder if Columbo is up to the task,,, the OL's performance these last couple of years has been disappointing, though it could be that opposing teams are going all-in to stop Zeke and Dak is benefitting from that.

CWR

Reaction score
Is this Kellens way of preparing to play TP more?

Yeah, its time to try something "different."

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
I don't get it? Zeke can't break a tackle. Yet people blame the oline. Then when Pollard comes in and makes plays with the same oline.

I don't think its the oline. It's Zeke.
They clearly aren't using Pollard the same as Zeke. Yesterday they used him on a jet sweep and he ran a route across the middle when he was split out wide to the left. The only time he got a hand off from the RB position was on the 2 pt conversion. He was met in behind the line of scrimmage and slipped through to barely make it. I have a feeling that if he were to get more of these zeke-type handoffs you'd see the same results that Zeke is getting.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This is a passing team this year, sometimes you just have to accept your identity and roll with it. Live and die with it. I think the coaches have had a hard time accepting that fact at times but hopefully they are starting to get it.
It's a passing league...

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
They are still getting it done in pass protection but their run-blocking has been shoddy.
O-line can't hold their blocks forever...Elliott needs to start hitting those holes with some authority....instead of dancing around