Kellen Moore on the run game

aikemirv

Reaction score
Teams are clearly keying on stopping the run. That's opened it up for the passing game. When teams start making Dak their focus, it will open it up for the run game.

It wasn't hard to understand what he said
Most in this board don’t get this . It is hard for them to understand!

KingRah

Reaction score
Pollard needs to get, if not the start, at least half the run snaps.
This is the dumbest post of all Time. Zeke runs better than Pollard. IF pollard started, he'd face lighter boxes which would hurt the passing game. Actually watch the game not just the stats.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm curious as to why Moore described Zeke as highest paid and not best.....probably nothing there.

In the same sentence he describes the oline as "really, really good".

I don't see how people are taking Moore's statement as a criticism of the oline. Moore all but says "Zeke isn't performing up to his pay".

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke gets hit in the back field on almost every play. Watch games not against The giants and dolphins.

Plenty of room for Zeke to make plays. HE just cant do it. Not difficult to stop a back that can ONLY run inside and cant bounce it outside.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Most in this board don’t get this . It is hard for them to understand!

Is it because they are actually stupid?

The Lions decided that they were gonna key on Zeke and make Dak beat them.

The announcers literally made this point five or six times, often citing conversations with Patricia.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
In the same sentence he describes the oline as "really, really good".

I don't see how people are taking Moore's statement as a criticism of the oline. Moore all but says "Zeke isn't performing up to his pay".
yeah I'm trying to figure out what he means by what he said. Drawing attention ? could this be the attention of the D or talking heads? sounds like he's going to go with what works though from now on.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Is it because they are actually stupid?

The Lions decided that they were gonna key on Zeke and make Dak beat them.

The announcers literally made this point five or six times, often citing conversations with Patricia.
And it was the same last week with the Vikings but people just ignore it and only judge things by stats. They don’t take into account game planning at all. They just have their agenda to sell.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Correct. However, when you're supposed to have the best OL in the league you should dictate to the defense not the other way around.

That group is very overrated.

Teams have been keying on Zeke since his rookie year. But he was willing to run to the outside and mix it up. Now he's just stubborn and won't do that anymore. Everything is up the middle. This is Moore's responsibility to mix it up for our RB's and do something creative. But he's just a Linehan clone.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
And it was the same last week with the Vikings but people just ignore it and only judge things by stats. They don’t take into account game planning at all. They just have their agenda to sell.

I would have thought the two TDs would've shut up the fantasy football focused fake fans.

But they are just looking for reasons to troll

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are, certainly when it comes to the running game. Far too often, they fail to move opponents off the ball and truly dominate the line of scrimmage. And that's the expectation given the huge investments made there.

And I haven't read a single criticism of Marc Colombo yet.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If you struggle running the ball or other teams insist on 8 in the box, I prefer Moore’s approach. Pass it until the defense changes, and if they don’t, keep passing it. I certainly prefer that to forcing the run and getting consistently behind schedule just out of a stubborn desire to get it going. That was his mistake last week. We were doing nothing on the ground, okay, run it once on 2nd and 2, but after being stuffed, nope, pass it. Stay aggressive.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Last week Ezekiel Elliott ran for 47 yards. Against Detroit, he had 45 yards. “At the end of the day, we’ve got the highest paid runner and a really, really good offensive line, that draws attention,” coordinator Kellen Moore said. “Whether it eventually flips or impacts in other ways as we continue to throw it, we’ll keep doing what we do. I think for myself, hey, I’ve got to find different ways. Maybe we need to approach it a little bit differently from a run game perspective.”

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer
Good stuff .. thanks

Batman1980

Reaction score
Our offensive line is much better at pass-blocking than run-blocking for some reason.