Kellen Moore? Really?

Wapp5200

Reaction score
LOL ,,,, so you're gonna really compare Kellen Moore, a first year rookie OC.. to one of the greatest, legendary offensive innovators of all time in NFL history in Tom Landry ?
you really want to call this comparison post "fair ? :omg:
Lets give the guy a couple of years before we persecute him. We gave Garett 10!!!!!!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have read and listen to everybody talk about what a talented OC he is.

Sorry.

When I see him actually create something that smacks of originality I will be the first to cheer.

But for now, to me he is way over rated and merely a lesser clone of Linehan.

Not nearly enough to make Dak a great QB nor win SBs

Now watch this for 5 minutes and get ready to throw rocks at Mr. Moore.

First and foremost no coach can make Dak a great QB as you either have the talent or you don't and at this point, after 4 years it's pretty evident Dak is at best a Tier 3 QB.
Keeping Moore as the OC simply verifies that Jerry is still the Boss and that Fat Mike is here for the pay-check!
Our inability to score against good teams will once again be problem #1 for us this coming season.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hope your rehab and health is doing excellent, my good friend.
My wife is about to have to go from mammography to full on X-Ray with the sickies. They need lung x-rays.
We're trying to figure out how to handle this.
I wish only the best of luck for both of you, brother.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dude... you're '96 Isuzu Rodeo ain't garnering much.

LOL!

I don't know how I remember those old Isuzu Rodeos!

That... just happened.

Oh no! I think they're Mistubishis!
LOL!!!
Isuzu had the Trooper. My brother had one, and TBH, it wasn't half bad.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First and foremost no coach can make Dak a great QB as you either have the talent or you don't and at this point, after 4 years it's pretty evident Dak is at best a Tier 3 QB.
Keeping Moore as the OC simply verifies that Jerry is still the Boss and that Fat Mike is here for the pay-check!
Our inability to score against good teams will once again be problem #1 for us this coming season.
Lol, it’s funny how what is evident to you isn’t evident to most. Dak isn’t elite, but most would at least call him a quality QB. In the past you,ve suggested he isn’t even worthy of a roster spot, and certainly not of a starting job in the NFL. I still wonder why this is so personal (and exaggerated) for you. A reasonable person could understand if you aren’t quite sold on Dak, but to go to the extremes you do is laughable.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Sorry.

When I see him actually create something that smacks of originality I will be the first to cheer.

Moore job as OC is to operate within a system set forth by the HC. HC sets the tone his job carry it out.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I have read and listen to everybody talk about what a talented OC he is. Sorry.
Well you missed my posts lol. I can't stand Moore as the OC. When the division crown was on the line in Philly on 4th & goal, Moore decides to bench our 2 top WR's & calls a run. To top it off, Garrett allowed it.

That was the final straw for me. What's even more hilarious is the Prescott haters blaming our quarterback for the loss. One just can't fix stupidity nor ignorance.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
It did appear that way and I will not argue with you over the results.
BUT...

He was a 1st year OC with Jason Freaking Garrett looking over his shoulder and you had to see the conservative hood rise in that 1st hard game he had to gameplan.
It was pure Garrett and things went from there.

Even ex-players were calling out Garrett's offense being deployed later in the year.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

"fat mike" huh? Sharp of wit and original.....a fine modern gentleman even. Keep up the great work.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well you missed my posts lol. I can't stand Moore as the OC. When the division crown was on the line in Philly on 4th & goal, Moore decides to bench our 2 top WR's & calls a run. To top it off, Garrett allowed it.

That was the final straw for me. What's even more hilarious is the Prescott haters blaming our quarterback for the loss. One just can't fix stupidity nor ignorance.

If Dak was the QB you think he is, he would have audibled out, even with WR 1 and 2 out. I mean..since you knew it was a dumb play so should he, right?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol, it’s funny how what is evident to you isn’t evident to most. Dak isn’t elite, but most would at least call him a quality QB. In the past you,ve suggested he isn’t even worthy of a roster spot, and certainly not of a starting job in the NFL. I still wonder why this is so personal (and exaggerated) for you. A reasonable person could understand if you aren’t quite sold on Dak, but to go to the extremes you do is laughable.
I think at this point, it's more about digging at the Dakophants than it is about his true beliefs.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think at this point, it's more about digging at the Dakophants than it is about his true beliefs.
Maybe. I normally ignore him, but once in awhile my better judgement goes out the window. Someone just constantly pushing worst case on people is a pet peeve.

cern

Reaction score

Sorry.

I think you're way off base. Kellen's a sharp young man. You don't have to be middle aged to be a good chess player.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Another feel good thread.

Moore has only been at it for one season, how do we know so much already?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would say for a 1st year OC he did very well. Cowboys offense ranked #1 in yardage, 2nd in passing and 5th in rushing as well as 6th in points scored. I would say if any other OC in his 1st year had returns like Moore they would be praised around the league. I do think having this off season working with McCarthy will bring new ideals and I think likely a more aggressive offense.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Most NFL GM ranked Dak as a Tier 3 QB guess we better start laughing or better yet crying when we can't do anything but kick Field goals......

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...quarterback”-did-they-get-it-right/ar-AAEK5nz

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

No I read your posts.

We agree.

I have no belief in Moore. I am surprised MM has retained him.

I think it's only becuz MM in his first year he has bit off alot and did not want to do the install of his offense yet.

But I believe like with Linehan..other teams will have Moore figured out and stop him cold.

Then MM is going to have to send him upstairs and take over before it's too late.

Just my feelings
You and I agree.

johneric8

Reaction score
He was a 1st year OC at 28 yrs old. He did have 2 1000 yard wrs. 1380 rusher, and his qb threw for over 4900 yards, almost breaking the all time cowboy yards mark short only 10 yards....that was inspite of Garrett leaving him hanging trying to save his job. Can we give the kid a little break...

I agree with you, just skip over threads like this man, Redball should be called out for trying to demean what Moore accomplished in his first year. Does he not remember that Garrett was also fighting for his job and making it difficult for Moore to do exactly as he wanted to do? One would think that Redball knows more than Big Mike McCarthy since he says Moore isn't satisfactory but Big Mike was impressed by Kellen immensely. In fact, Big Mike is trusting Moore calling the plays because of his incredible offensive mind.

There are a couple of other guys on this forum like @Bobhaze whom have very strong opinions on how we should all feel, I will admit to not liking that approach. I would rather see these posters say "I'm not a fan because of this" as opposed to saying things like "We all have tendencies to fall in love with the wrong guy"... Who decides who is the wrong or right guy? We do, individually.. But, what we say doesn't matter it's what Big Mike and Jerry think, and they love them some Genius Kellen Moore..

Redball will be the first one singing Kellen's praises next year if our offensive is ripping up the league, but until then, brace yourself.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most NFL GM ranked Dak as a Tier 3 QB guess we better start laughing or better yet crying when we can't do anything but kick Field goals......

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-executives-say-dak-prescott-is-a-“tier-3-quarterback”-did-they-get-it-right/ar-AAEK5nz
This list has Phillip Rivers as a tier 1 and Baker Mayfield and Jarod Goff as tier 2. We are supposed to take that seriously? Did you watch any of those people play last year?

This article also contains these comments …

A voter that, presumably, put Dak in Tier-2 said that he could see Prescott having the kind of the season this year that has people thinking he is borderline Tier-1.

As BTB’s Connor Livesay points out, Dak has been
very productive since entering the league.

When looking at the numbers on Dak, it’s hard to find a quarterback in the NFL that has had more success leading a team to victory than him.

As the "is Dak worth it?" arguments continue, remember that outside of what was essentially a 2nd half funk during the messy 2017 season, Dak's been pretty flawless through 51 career games.

He's been elite for 80% of his career to this point.
pic.twitter.com/dxTlaQqlQ — Bobby Belt (@BobbyBeltTX) [URL='https://twitter.com/BobbyBeltTX/status/1132038173083750410?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw']May 24, 2019[/URL]

While the playoff numbers are impressive (even in the losses), the full picture shows a very, very productive quarterback.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This list has Phillip Rivers as a tier 1 and Baker Mayfield and Jarod Goff as tier 2. We are supposed to take that seriously? Did you watch any of those people play last year?

This article also contains these comments …

A voter that, presumably, put Dak in Tier-2 said that he could see Prescott having the kind of the season this year that has people thinking he is borderline Tier-1.

As BTB’s Connor Livesay points out, Dak has been
very productive since entering the league.

When looking at the numbers on Dak, it’s hard to find a quarterback in the NFL that has had more success leading a team to victory than him.

As the "is Dak worth it?" arguments continue, remember that outside of what was essentially a 2nd half funk during the messy 2017 season, Dak's been pretty flawless through 51 career games.

He's been elite for 80% of his career to this point.
pic.twitter.com/dxTlaQqlQ — Bobby Belt (@BobbyBeltTX) May 24, 2019

While the playoff numbers are impressive (even in the losses), the full picture shows a very, very productive quarterback.

Did you watch Dak last year?
Seems the Jones did and no mega-deal....