Kellen Moore scenario

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
No way I want Moore as the HC. I am not even sure I want him as OC at times. I am not 100% sold on him. But not really complaining either. Not Too much, as at times during the games I get frustrated with some of his calls, or stuff that works
Or he stops using.

And if we get that far in the playoffs, no way MM moves into a FO position. You keep building to what you are doing. If you lose a coach along the way, you deal with it. It has been going on since football started.
Would you rather have Sean Payton right now? If you know a guy can coach, you keep him. MM isn't all that.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Romo said during the broadcast he’s going to be a head coach next year. We all can see how talented he is.

Say McCarthy takes us to the Championship game any chance the ownership say’s “this guy is too talented to lose” and bump Mccarthy to a FO position and hire Moore as our coach. I think thats just being innovative and going with the times. You have a 35 yr old (?) genius of the new nfl ways and you can not let him leave the facility. Plus, that means we start over offensively with probably a guy like Scott Linehan, someone who has one foot out the new nfl door already. Idk. Opinions. Nothing against Mike McCarthy. I think hes been a C plus head coach so far. Its just Moore’s abilty in the new NFL.

I think the offensive coordinator under an offensive head coach gets too much credit. If we go to the NFC Championship Game, McCarthy deserves to continue being head coach even if that means we lose Moore.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Romo said during the broadcast he’s going to be a head coach next year. We all can see how talented he is.

Say McCarthy takes us to the Championship game any chance the ownership say’s “this guy is too talented to lose” and bump Mccarthy to a FO position and hire Moore as our coach. I think thats just being innovative and going with the times. You have a 35 yr old (?) genius of the new nfl ways and you can not let him leave the facility. Plus, that means we start over offensively with probably a guy like Scott Linehan, someone who has one foot out the new nfl door already. Idk. Opinions. Nothing against Mike McCarthy. I think hes been a C plus head coach so far. Its just Moore’s abilty in the new NFL.
No Jerry will just pay Moore like a HC and everyone stays where they are.

Zman5

Reaction score
I think he should be the next GM. Maybe Jerry gets stupid drunk and hires KM as the GM not knowing he just fired himself. Anything to get rid of Jerry as the GM.

Verdict

Reaction score

I think in that instance that Jerry would pay Kellen head coach money to stay as coordinator with an agreement he would be the next head coach when MM’s contract runs out.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I think in that instance that Jerry would pay Kellen head coach money to stay as coordinator with an agreement he would be the next head coach when MM’s contract runs out.

I really believe he has already told KM he would be in line for the HC job prior to his raise last year. I think Jones would be in deep crapola if that was put in the contract because of the Rooney rule. So its just a wink and a nod. KM is not going anywhere during MM contract years. He is in no hurry, and probably wants to coach the Cowboys.

My3Sons

Reaction score
KM as an OC has always had difficulty calling games in the red zone. He doesn't have the experience to be a HC yet. He's Garrett all over again. No No No and NO. While I'm not sold on McCarthy, I do NOT want Moore replacing him.

Experience? Like MM?

Mr_437

Reaction score
I know what KM does on game day. I have no idea what MM's job is on game day... calling timeouts seems to be giving him all he can handle:laugh:

garyv

Reaction score

Well all I can say is there ain't no way I'm letting Kellen Moore walk to keep McCarthy. In my opinion its Sean Payton II situation

garyv

Reaction score
Wow..........its amazing how some of you just dont get it.

Moore is killing it. The guy is a genius. And after watching Garrett's offense for 14 years you still cant appreciate what Moore is doing?

CowboyRoy I find it amazing what people actually see. Moore has turned out to be one of the better OC in the league. PERIOD
What I see is a future Sean Payton. ITs almost identical.

aikemirv

Reaction score
So he’s definitely Garrett 2.0 and not Payton 2.0.
Now we know
Thanks!
I don't think we can really know if he is going to be a great leader as a Head Coach. Sure he understands offense and can call plays a bit but is he a great leader of a team. I never got the impression that he is.

That said, I don't think we lose anything dumping MM

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I like what Moore is doing thus far and hope it continues. What may or may not happen after the season, they will cross that bridge at that time but right now only thing I want to see is Moore continue to work with this offense and use the weapons that they have.

quickccc

Reaction score

And the Cowboys could very well likely to do a Diicck Vermeil for Mike Martz HC transition.

- After winning the SB, it's been much speculated that the Rams likely pushed Vermeil into announcing his " retirement" (although he showed up with KC Chiefs shortly afterwards) because
there's no question Rams was determined to retain the hot commodity and sole Engineer for' Greatest Show on Turf '.

- Secretly the Cowboys could push McCarty into "retirement" ,while announcing Kellen Moore as the new HC.
This offense is Kellen's ..not McCarthy's. ..and wouldn't the Cowboys want to maintain this offense with Dak for many years to come ?
Instead of growing pains of a new offense ?

- And the Jones very likely see Kellen as their version of a young, upcoming Sean Payton,

- Plus have we seen anything special or unique about McCarthy thus far that he gives us a quite an edge of advantage in the coaching ranks ?

quickccc

Reaction score
I don't think we can really know if he is going to be a great leader as a Head Coach. Sure he understands offense and can call plays a bit but is he a great leader of a team. I never got the impression that he is.

That said, I don't think we lose anything dumping MM

Did anyone peg Sean Payton as a hot commodity and budding star HC when he was available under Parcells' staff ?

I don't recall any jail break outcry for Payton's services beyond just a couple of teams, .one being the Saints who also was considering Mike Martz as i heard.
Mike Zimmer was another coach under the Parcells tree that was under the radar ..

As a coordinator, how will we really know about the leader of men element ?
From the outside looking in, we the fans won't really know that until he's taken over the full steering wheel.