Kellen Moore scenario

Aven8

Reaction score
Moore is a savant and this year he’s been super creative through two games. Very impressive. Having said that, Mike is an OC as well and maybe this is why he’s gotten so much better? Feeding off one another.

Having said that Moore is one of the best looking OC’s in football, but does that mean he’s ready to be a HC? I don’t see how that qualifies him yet.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Moore is a savant and this year he’s been super creative through two games. Very impressive. Having said that, Mike is an OC as well and maybe this is why he’s gotten so much better? Feeding off one another.

Having said that Moore is one of the best looking OC’s in football, but does that mean he’s ready to be a HC? I don’t see how that qualifies him yet.

Here is what gives me hope.

1. It’s early so let’s tap the breaks on if he is even worthy.

2. If he is worthy I think Dallas may be able to keep him and give him the Garrett treatment that kept him here and I say that with evidence because he turned down the Boise job already.

It’s 2 weeks and I’m not sold on Kellen but I love what I see.

Aven8

Reaction score
Here is what gives me hope.

1. It’s early so let’s tap the breaks on if he is even worthy.

2. If he is worthy I think Dallas may be able to keep him and give him the Garrett treatment that kept him here and I say that with evidence because he turned down the Boose job already.

It’s 2 weeks and I’m not sold on Kellen but I love what I see.

Agreed. I do love the fact that in week one he didn’t go JG style and “do what we do” and try to jam Zeke up the middle all game for nothing. And yesterday they played two deep safeties all game and he gashed them for 198 in the run. I’m actually starting to believe that we might be unstoppable. But I’m tapping the breaks and just taking a wait and see approach.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Romo said during the broadcast he’s going to be a head coach next year. We all can see how talented he is.

Say McCarthy takes us to the Championship game any chance the ownership say’s “this guy is too talented to lose” and bump Mccarthy to a FO position and hire Moore as our coach. I think thats just being innovative and going with the times. You have a 35 yr old (?) genius of the new nfl ways and you can not let him leave the facility. Plus, that means we start over offensively with probably a guy like Scott Linehan, someone who has one foot out the new nfl door already. Idk. Opinions. Nothing against Mike McCarthy. I think hes been a C plus head coach so far. Its just Moore’s abilty in the new NFL.

I think it would be a mistake for Moore to accept a head coaching position next season. He's talented, but he's not ready for that position yet. I hope Jerry will simply offer him enough money to convince him to stay.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Agreed. I do love the fact that in week one he didn’t go JG style and “do what we do” and try to jam Zeke up the middle all game for nothing. And yesterday they played two deep safeties all game and he gashed them for 198 in the run. I’m actually starting to believe that we might be unstoppable. But I’m tapping the breaks and just taking a wait and see approach.

I think we’re a clunky version of what we could eventually be but right now Dallas is still capable of stopping themselves.

Penalties on cue when you expect it.

With the way the defense is getting turnovers these games shouldn’t be close.

The potential is there but over the last several years the Cowboys biggest opponent is themselves and I still see no sign that they are fully ready to overcome their own stupidity.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So dallas wins one game in last seconds, only scores 20, and now kellen should be the new HC? Is a Off genius ?? :huh::eek::D
Talk about tap the brakes lol.
Lets see if dallas has a winning season or not, or makes the playoffs etc 1st.

Wow Kellen could run for Governor ! only he makes way more being a coach :p

It was one win, 20-17, the defense did their part, and no one is talking about dan quinn as next HC.
Without defense, that 20 points would not win many games.

We had a rather high scoring first game, and now a low scoring game, lets see what happens with Phil and Carolina, both are playing better than
any expected before the season started.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Moore is amazing and is an elite mind for the game. All these couch warriors can say what they want. The dude is just getting started as well. He is the future.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So dallas wins one game in last seconds, only scores 20, and now kellen should be the new HC? Is a Off genius ?? :huh::eek::D
Talk about tap the brakes lol.
Lets see if dallas has a winning season or not, or makes the playoffs etc 1st.

Wow Kellen could run for Governor ! only he makes way more being a coach :p

It was one win, 20-17, the defense did their part, and no one is talking about dan quinn as next HC.
Without defense, that 20 points would not win many games.

We had a rather high scoring first game, and now a low scoring game, lets see what happens with Phil and Carolina, both are playing better than
any expected before the season started.

On top of that. Head coaching is more about being a CEO type anyways. Just because you’re a good play caller doesn’t mean you can be a good HC.

Dan Quinn is proving that. Guy was a excellent playcaller for Seattle and Dallas but not that great of a HC.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i don't think so.
mccarthy doesn't seem to be a f/o kinda guy.
he's a ball coach.
and i think moore sticks around because he knows he is next in line.
now if boise state comes callin' again...all bets are off.
but i don't think moore would leave for the ny jets job or something like that.
not all nfl hc jobs are equal.

75boyz

Reaction score
Although I like most of his offense, I still share the red zone concerns already mentioned.

Ultimately, I think Jerry is way too much of an ego guy to let HIS guy leave as Moore represents what Jerry failed to accomplish with Garrett. What would be perceived as a successful hand picked Jerry guy that proved Jerry was a football guy once and for all.

I think Moore will be Jerry's next HC however McCarthy's tenure ultimately plays out.

jmo

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Keep doing it.

Now is the time to try things.. See what works and keep trying different thing out. You might find something you didn’t know you had

I went through a decade of watching this team coach offense scared that took our offense back to the Stone Age.

What Kellen is doing right now is a breathe of fresh air.

Jason Garrett couldn’t even figure out how to use 2 RBs within a drive so I’m not taking what I’m seeing for granted after what Jerry & Jason put us through.
Finally someone with some football IQ. People should read this msg over and over.

nobody

Reaction score
Experience? Like MM?

Like it or not, MM has HC experience and has coached a team to winning a SB. I'm not saying I want him as the HC. I AM saying HECK NO for having Moore as HC. He's not ready. He's not even fully ready for OC if he can't consistently get the team in the end zone from the red zone. When one of the major linchpins of the offense goes out, his offensive scheme struggles massively....just like Garrett (who was promoted too soon too).

Maybe in the future, he'll be ready. But now? HAHAHAHAHA You want another 10 years of Garrett? Cause that's what we'll get with Moore if he's named HC next season.

My3Sons

Reaction score
Mike McCarthy coached HOF QBs for 13 years in GB. He won 1 SB which means he didnt win 12. Aaron Rodgers might be the 2nd best QB in NFL history. He was 11-16 in GB his last two years coaching AR. I call that a fail. Barry Switzer coached the beloved to a SB while basically mailing it in.

When hired as the HC of the Cowboys, he thought Mike Nolan(one of the worst DCs in league history) would be the solution to our defense.

MM sucks.

Calling Moore Jason Garrett does not make it so, but I am glad to know you are a fan of fat Mike.

waving monkey

Reaction score
whether his going to be a good HC or not; he will get his shot.
It's hard to say who players play for I've been surprised before.

waving monkey

Reaction score
KM as an OC has always had difficulty calling games in the red zone. He doesn't have the experience to be a HC yet. He's Garrett all over again. No No No and NO. While I'm not sold on McCarthy, I do NOT want Moore replacing him.
he's getting that HC gig somewhere and soon

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Romo said during the broadcast he’s going to be a head coach next year. We all can see how talented he is.

Say McCarthy takes us to the Championship game any chance the ownership say’s “this guy is too talented to lose” and bump Mccarthy to a FO position and hire Moore as our coach. I think thats just being innovative and going with the times. You have a 35 yr old (?) genius of the new nfl ways and you can not let him leave the facility. Plus, that means we start over offensively with probably a guy like Scott Linehan, someone who has one foot out the new nfl door already. Idk. Opinions. Nothing against Mike McCarthy. I think hes been a C plus head coach so far. Its just Moore’s abilty in the new NFL.
If Bieniemy can't get a HC gig, what makes us think KM should be getting one? Bieniemy's offense eats KM's offense for lunch, breakfast and dinner.

My3Sons

Reaction score
whether his going to be a good HC or not; he will get his shot.
It's hard to say who players play for I've been surprised before.
I have spoken to players and their families about him. I have also met him. It will be a mistake if he leaves and we keep MM.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If Jerry is in charge, and Big Mike stumbles, I guarantee this ends up exactly how Garrett replacing Wade went down.

To the OP, I was wondering about that myself, who is the person being trained to call an offense Moore-style? (And that Moore won't take as a promotion to another team!)

Didn't Big Mike take over the offense in Green Bay when this happened? I know it's part of the reason him and Aaron Rogers fought and he was kicked out.