Kellen Moore screwed up this victory

JMPearson

Reaction score
Moore called a great game. Not sure what the hell you were watching.

Not a great game 2 and goal from the 5 they were running ball well FG put them up 7 should have run a bootleg on 2nd down and run on third down

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tony's answer was for the team to throw all day. When we're playing a guy who has a passer rating of 72 and who throws a pick for every TD he throws. In the modern NFL, that's miserable QB play. Tony wanted us to jump into the fray and turn it into a gunfight when all we have is a measly pocket-knife.
He was rocking a nice QB rating until the INT. He has real potential.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
He called a solid game. I hate the heavy pack with 3 TEs and Zeke which always gets stuffed, they need a FB when they want to run the ball not 3 TEs.

Cmac

Reaction score
From the game's onset analyst Tony Romo repeatedly said the multiple TE sets were telegraphing to the Steelers what the Cowboys were going to do in those formations -and that those plays would not be successful.

Then - as the game unfolded - we all saw how Garrett Gilbert possessed pretty good running ability that helped put Dallas in the lead for nearly all of the game --BUT-- OC Moore deliberately went away from that strength in the last quarter.
I will rewatch the game tomorrow to point out significant plays and series to bolster my opinion.

.....I've been saying this for some time now.....His offense is pass-happy, predictable, and a penchant for trickery....nothing conducive to a RB like Zeke.....and compound that with a withered OL....it is what it is for the QB and RB. Pollard runs well today, and then he's out....Zeke gets something positive...he's out. When Dak went down....it has been more exposure on KMoore. I get the fumbles by Zeke earlier and the death sentence imposed on him by the base....I'm just mystified by the lack of criticism missing when grading KMoore. He's baffling every game and the base generally looks the other way.

Question: Can you name one game KMoore has clearly showed evidence as an Offensive Guru in the making or had a defense confused?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How did this Cowboy team , one of the worst in Cowboys history, take the undefeated Steelers to the brink today?

Reaction score
I can’t understand why they got so conservative on 1st down especially in the 4th Q. Kept running against run blitzes and stacked fronts and our backs were dodging tacklers in the backfield. I can’t remember seeing one play action on 1st down. I didn’t see one bomb either to make safeties hang back.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
I can’t understand why they got so conservative on 1st down especially in the 4th Q. Kept running against run blitzes and stacked fronts and our backs were dodging tacklers in the backfield. I can’t remember seeing one play action on 1st down. I didn’t see one bomb either to make safeties hang back.
The play action early was getting the QB killed the OL play is so poor. Same with deep routes, no time unless you move the pocket. OL is trash other than Martin and you can't do much with a trash OL.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How did this Cowboy team , one of the worst in Cowboys history, take the undefeated Steelers to the brink today?
They did something they haven't done in a long time. They played well in all 3 phases of the game. Offense wasn't great but with a first time starter played well and got help from the special teams and defense.