Kellen Moore screwed up this victory

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
From the game's onset analyst Tony Romo repeatedly said the multiple TE sets were telegraphing to the Steelers what the Cowboys were going to do in those formations -and that those plays would not be successful.

Then - as the game unfolded - we all saw how Garrett Gilbert possessed pretty good running ability that helped put Dallas in the lead for nearly all of the game --BUT-- OC Moore deliberately went away from that strength in the last quarter.
I will rewatch the game tomorrow to point out significant plays and series to bolster my opinion.
You don't need to waste your time reviewing for us.

Moore stopped calling pass plays rolling out Gilbert.

We know.

He left Gilbert in the pocket the entire 4th Qt and let the Steelers just squeeze him like an anaconda with a piglet.

When he wasn't running Zeke on 2nd and 13 he was throwing out routes on 3rd and 17. Netting 6 yards.

It was a complete failure on Moore's part. Just like with Dalton, Manucci and Dak.

He can not call plays for anybody but Dak.

Why is McCarthy doing this?

I guess he wants Lawrence too.

Moore is a QB Killer.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
No but they're liable to draft a tight end.

JetsBoo_original_original.gif

LLLOOLLL

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
From the game's onset analyst Tony Romo repeatedly said the multiple TE sets were telegraphing to the Steelers what the Cowboys were going to do in those formations -and that those plays would not be successful.

Then - as the game unfolded - we all saw how Garrett Gilbert possessed pretty good running ability that helped put Dallas in the lead for nearly all of the game --BUT-- OC Moore deliberately went away from that strength in the last quarter.
I will rewatch the game tomorrow to point out significant plays and series to bolster my opinion.
BS..... Moore did a great job considering. Only issue was over playing zeke.

Reaction score
The play action early was getting the QB killed the OL play is so poor. Same with deep routes, no time unless you move the pocket. OL is trash other than Martin and you can't do much with a trash OL.
The oline did better than expected against their league leading pass rush. Everyone thought Gilbert was gonna be a sacrificial lamb tonight. They needed some play action and slants behind the backers. They don’t take long, and slow down the aggressiveness of the D.
The play action early was getting the QB killed the OL play is so poor. Same with deep routes, no time unless you move the pocket. OL is trash other than Martin and you can't do much with a trash OL.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Moore called a great game. Not sure what the hell you were watching.

He called a "good" game.. I would not go so far as to call it "great." He still wants to shift in to that damn 5 wide empty look in the red zone. I think it cost us as least 11 points today and probably a chance to win the game. He has been doing this since he became the OC and it makes me sick to my stomach. Even when the running game gets clicking he will not stay with it when we get close to the goal line. If I had any hair I would have pulled half of it out today.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Every loss over the last 10 years has either been on Jason Garrett, Mike McCarthy, or Kellen Moore.

The players have been undefeated for over a decade now according to the Zone. Wish we had a real coach.
At some point, the players need to be held accountable...and once again mistakes cost us...thas not on coaching, that's on the players.

BHendri5

Reaction score
No one including Jerry and family wants to win the rest of the way.:eek:
Stinks but possible glory can only be had through this misery riddled season!!!!!:oops:

We’re not tanking for Trevor, we’re not drafting a QB.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This bye is a good test for this staff They have players returning and time to prepare if the Vikes are a epic fail, this staff is a fail.
Team played hard yesterday but the Steelers did not.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Moore called a very good game. I don't think I've ever seen a game in which every play worked for the offense, especially with what, a fourth string QB? And that's behind a makeshift O-line, with a RB who had a few good runs, but still seems to prefer running into people, over running through gaps

Last edited:

Proof

Reaction score
Exactly I was worried we were going to win there for a minute.

Giants got a W.

Jags lost but at least it was to the Texans which the Dolphins hold their pick.

Cheering hard for the Jets tomorrow.

Since the dolphins hold the Texans pick, wouldn’t we have preferred the Jags won?

cowboyed

Reaction score
.....I've been saying this for some time now.....His offense is pass-happy, predictable, and a penchant for trickery....nothing conducive to a RB like Zeke.....and compound that with a withered OL....it is what it is for the QB and RB. Pollard runs well today, and then he's out....Zeke gets something positive...he's out. When Dak went down....it has been more exposure on KMoore. I get the fumbles by Zeke earlier and the death sentence imposed on him by the base....I'm just mystified by the lack of criticism missing when grading KMoore. He's baffling every game and the base generally looks the other way.

Question: Can you name one game KMoore has clearly showed evidence as an Offensive Guru in the making or had a defense confused?

Well I guess if football allowed rolling to gain yards then the criticism would be the offense is roll happy. It is not just about the scheme or putting the same calls on auto-play, but also player execution and minimizing penalties. We played competitively against the Steelers in all phases of the game. They have not lost a game yet this season. Our offensive line is performing better but it still is not a full strength or as capable as it was in previous seasons. The Steelers were behind our line of scrimmage, instantly, way too often.

I am quite impressed with our acquisition of Gilbert at this stage of the season. He performed better than Dalton.

Cmac

Reaction score
Well I guess if football allowed rolling to gain yards then the criticism would be the offense is roll happy. It is not just about the scheme or putting the same calls on auto-play, but also player execution and minimizing penalties. We played competitively against the Steelers in all phases of the game. They have not lost a game yet this season. Our offensive line is performing better but it still is not a full strength or as capable as it was in previous seasons. The Steelers were behind our line of scrimmage, instantly, way too often.

I am quite impressed with our acquisition of Gilbert at this stage of the season. He performed better than Dalton.
Me too.....I thought GG did very well considering all the circumstances.

Cmac

Reaction score
Question: Where was Noah Brown in the offense for the Steeler game?

ItzKelz

Reaction score

5th string qb....decimated offensive line....hurt and pass his prime RB. I mean you have to do something to generate something on the OL. Common sense IMO. Doing what we have been doing since Dak went down has not been working.