Kellen Moore screwed up this victory

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Today the coaches did a good job getting this team ready to play. I expected them to play like this by the second or third game. We could have won a LOT of games if this defense had played like this all year long.
McCarthy coaching definitely has been better last couple games.

aikemirv

Reaction score
You're not very smart if you dont want to play in NYC.
There a whole lot of people who would not want to live near or around NYC. Much less play for that franchise.

It ain't all about money or fame! Anyone who realizes that is pretty daggone smart!

aikemirv

Reaction score
Don’t count the Jags out in Trevor sweepstakes.
Jax would get Trevor if they stay at #2. They will work a deal with the Jets and the Jets will end up being very happy with Fields.

It will be the Eli Manning and Philip Rivers scenario

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
No one including Jerry and family wants to win the rest of the way.:eek:
Stinks but possible glory can only be had through this misery riddled season!!!!!:oops:
You finally made a good post. Go out on a high note and retire.

Thank you.

Texasfootball21

Reaction score
McCarthy coaching definitely has been better last couple games.
Cheesehead needs a larger mask or face shield, the one he is wearing is cutting off oxygen to his brain. Lol

We need Dallas Cowboys bloodline coaching this team...not sure who yet but that's what we need, someone who knows what it takes to wear the star with pride.

conner01

Reaction score
I don't know about that. Jaylon Smith's hand to the face of Ben lost this game.
Pretty weak call to me
His back was to the QB and he barely touched him
But the turnover in the red zone where a obvious defensive holding wasn’t called was a huge factor too

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Pretty weak call to me
His back was to the QB and he barely touched him
But the turnover in the red zone where a obvious defensive holding wasn’t called was a huge factor too

The other factor on the roughing call was that Jaylon was being blocked and was pushed in the back either right before or right after he jumped. I'd have to go back and rewatch it to be sure but I think the blocker was as responsible for his hand making contact as anything as Jaylon's arms were straight up until the push. There were a lot of bad calls and non-calls yesterday.. It went both ways until the 4th quarter. Once they entered the 4th quarter suddenly the Steelers could not run an offensive play without getting a penalty on our defense. Meanwhile they were still getting carte blanche to do whatever they wanted to our receivers. The one drive where they called like 5 penalties on our defense was enough to make me lose my lunch. The worst of them was the contact on Jaylon.. The receiver basically ran into him.. and his hands went up in self defense. It was a reflexive reaction.. Really bad call.

jsb357

Reaction score
kellen.gif

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
From the game's onset analyst Tony Romo repeatedly said the multiple TE sets were telegraphing to the Steelers what the Cowboys were going to do in those formations -and that those plays would not be successful.

Then - as the game unfolded - we all saw how Garrett Gilbert possessed pretty good running ability that helped put Dallas in the lead for nearly all of the game --BUT-- OC Moore deliberately went away from that strength in the last quarter.
I will rewatch the game tomorrow to point out significant plays and series to bolster my opinion.
What victory? We did not win. Stop calling a loss a victory.

Creeper

Reaction score
I thought the Cowboys should have been running it more. It seemed like they were throwing it way more than they should have. But when I looked at the stat sheet he they actually ran more than they threw up to that point in the game. They had to throw at the end so the passing attempts went up by the end of the game.

Speaking of running. Is anyone else curious what Dowdle would look like at RB? He has speed and some moves with a bit of power. If he has good eyes he could be a pretty good RB.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Oh stop it.

Pappydog is just a symbol like all of us.

Needing to be so rabid about somebody that does not believe like you is so old school.

I respect him as well as you but may not agree with either of you.

So what?

Neither of you always agree with me and my posts but I welcome your point of you becuz you are fans of our team.

I know for some here edgy posts and faceslaps are fun and games. I like to save that for fans of our opposition.

Not each other.

Come on man..

Last edited:

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Oh stop it.

Pappydog is just a symbol like all of us.

Needing to be so rabid about somebody that does not believe like you is so old school.

I respect him as well as you but may not agree with either of you.

So what?

Neither of you always agree with me and my posts but I welcome your point of you becuz you are fans of our team.

I know for some here edgy posts and faceslaps are fun and games. I like to save that for fans of our opposition.

Not each other.

Come on man..

Read the forum rules........

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Moore called a good game. He called plays they were able to execute for the most part.

OldJarhead

Reaction score
Cheesehead needs a larger mask or face shield, the one he is wearing is cutting off oxygen to his brain. Lol

We need Dallas Cowboys bloodline coaching this team...not sure who yet but that's what we need, someone who knows what it takes to wear the star with pride.

It matters not who the HC is if he cannot pick his own staff and hold the players accountable.