Kellen Moore was never the problem

kskboys

Reaction score
Agree.

The KMooreHaters loved it when he left.

He's got the Chargers offense rolling.

Huge mistake letting him walk.

Huge.
What KMo needed was a little help in understanding how to run the ball. He may be getting that in Bolt land.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Was Kellen's offense really that 'high risk' or did he just have a crappy QB trying to run it?
Dak cooked in 2021. He’s regressed the last two years. Moore shared in the blame, but it’s clear Dak has some issues going on.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kellen Moore was definitely a big part of the problem. Kellen Moore had a very low football IQ.

There have been MANY games Zeke and Pollard was averaging 5, 6, 7 yards a carry.... then we'll get to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th and goal to go.... Moore would call three straight running plays.

Again, if you're averaging over 5 yards yards a carry, what would a coordinator with half of a brain do on short yardage plays?? Exactly....

Not dumb *** Kellen Moore!!!

Another thing that pissed me off.... we would gash our opponents with the run game and they couldn't stop it... then Moore bails them out by calling more pass plays.

Guess what the good coordinators with a good football IQ does??? Keep calling run plays until you prove you can stop it!!! Not dumb *** Kellen Moore!!!

His in-game awareness and adjustments were trash with us. Like I said before, I'm GLAD he's gone.
People have such short memories.

KM desperately wanted his NCAA Mountain West obscene passing stats. Sabotaged the run game to get it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore didn’t put up those numbers playing QB. Dak was his QB.
The OC sets up the offense and positions to succeed. Training for the situations then calling the plays that are supposed to work.

Execution? SURE...you BET! Both have to work together.

rambo2

Reaction score
Kellen Moore got thrown under the bus. His offense was top 3 or better the past 3 seasons. Now look at them. That great Mike McCarthy Texas Toast offense is flat out horrible. Ill take Kellen Moore's offense over Mike McCarthy's 8 days a week. Prove me wrong fellas.
You don't have a lot of problems when you win 13 games.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Kellen Moore got thrown under the bus. His offense was top 3 or better the past 3 seasons. Now look at them. That great Mike McCarthy Texas Toast offense is flat out horrible. Ill take Kellen Moore's offense over Mike McCarthy's 8 days a week. Prove me wrong fellas.
So did Linnehan and Garrett,,, all of them had top ranked offenses, the fatal flaw being the QB's ceiling. Everything looks great until the top tier defenses come calling, then you queue the sad Price Is Right music.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
So did Linnehan and Garrett,,, all of them had top ranked offenses, the fatal flaw being the QB's ceiling. Everything looks great until the top tier defenses come calling, then you queue the sad Price Is Right music.
The thing is…

The Cards have a rookie DC.

And he shut us down playing cover zones.

everyone knows now.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Can’t our OC say something in private to big Mike?

Mike…we need presnap motion. It will let Dak know if they are in zone or man.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Kellen Moore was a problem, he may not have been The problem but he was a problem

stinkface

Reaction score
Curious when the last time we ran a bootleg or a QB draw? Guessing Dak's talents in those areas are no longer in the playbook.

CWR

Reaction score
Kellen Moore was the problem about 15% of the time. I dont know how some of yall forget about his idiot moments.

3rd and goal, season on the line against Philly and he had Cooper on the sidelines while a 4th string wide out played in his spot. These were the type of brain farts that killed seasons. He was also terrible at coordinating a run game.

Just because MM has sucked doesn't absolve KM of his short comings.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Of course he wasnt.

But JJ is fine with bad play at the QB position so we had to have a scapegoat.
Also the other playcallers werent the problem:we had good ones before Moore. But we also fired them in favor of Prescott.