RELEASED Kellen Moore won't return

bigE79

Reaction score
What did Moore do wrong ? I’ll hang up and listen …

The Cowboys finished fourth in the NFL in scoring during the regular season with an average of 27.5 points. They did this even though Prescott missed five games with a broken thumb on his throwing hand.

Dallas led the league in scoring the previous year with an average of 31.2 points, scoring a franchise record 530 points.
What have they done when it counts with that high octane offense? 12 points,wow outstanding.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
So this is what I predicted. I predicted that Jerry would do something extreme, and draft well, maybe even a small trade, and fans will be ready for Oxnard. And about this time next year, "hopefully not" we'll be here talking about who sucked this year and what new TE we'll draft.

TheCritic

Reaction score
"The problem with Moore is he tried to make Prescott an NFL QB."
I wouldn't go that far. I think Dak can be made to be successful in a run-first style of offense and get some WRs that can separate. This isn't hard.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kellen will probably be a charger within 48 hours
Imagine going from Prescott to Herbert lol

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Honestly, and I have said this before.........this is more about opportunities for Kellen IMO. It has nothing to do Dak or him being the scapegoat but more about the dozen or more open OC jobs out there. He only had one year left on his contract vs getting a new 3-year contract as OC for another team. I doubt Jerry was willing to match that opportunity enough to keep him. Notice it says both parties mutually agreed....in other words, excellent chance for a clean break. Kellen gets a chance at another OC job and more security for his family.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Well we all need to be careful what we wished for (those who wanted a change) and shout out to those who said Jerry would never fire kellen

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I’m glad Moore is gone and this seems like the logical step. Just not sure how I feel about McCarthy calling plays AND managing the game at the same time. Should be interesting.
Not sure if you are trying to be funny....but Mike managing the game?

Quinn has the defense on lock

Special teams has a coach

As the play caller...he will have a pulse on when to go for it on 4th down....when to throw the challenge flag...but more importantly....when a game requires you to not get too pass happy.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I know one thing for sure. Kellen Moore is a lot better at what he does than Dak Prescott is at whatever he's trying to do.

It's not even close.
Yeah and you said Wentz was the 2nd coming so excuse us for not believing you.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
West Coast offense with a lot of motion, crossing routes, screens and zone runs. Curious to see how Prescott takes to a new system. Also curious if Big Mike asks for a young QB to be drafted.

Been begging for this for awhile. Let MM do his thing.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Not a single poster on here can even put into words what was wrong with the plays called, they aren't educated enough on schemes or plays in general. The moment the offense doesn't put the arbitrary yards/points they have in their head, the next OC will be on the chopping block.
Kurt Warner, babe and Bill parcells all showed us what was wrong with the offense. But sure. We know more than them I’m assuming?