Kellen the Young

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Linehan complained that Romo changed the play way too often for Linehan's taste....so I don't think we can attribute much of Dallas's offensive successes in the Romo years to Linehan given the evidence afterward.

That is correct. Linehan likes Dak because he ran the plays given to him and didnt change it up. Dak was forced to play down to the standards of the playbook and gets blamed for it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, how'd our boy do? Got new members of the Moore Corps now?

Everything was working yesterday and it looked as if Moore was in control but I wonder what happens if it's not running smoothly and a really close game with the outcome in question? It's only one game, but now they have some film on him and one thing they will notice is some really open receivers. Prescott just about had his pick of 2 or 3 options on every pass play. I also liked it that he called some designed run plays for the QB instead of that just being an escape. Something else for the DC's to think about.

However, with this first game, almost 500 yards and 5 TD's, did the Kellen the Young bar get raised without some considering the level of competition? This is the Cowboys, required coverage,and he was the story before the season started and it's going to get a little nuts with some of these talking heads, like it always does, and he will be Kellen the Legend by Sunday. As we know, discussing the Cowboys without going to extremes just doesn't work.

He's a smart young coach, he knows it's not going to be that easy and the players are now all in his camp but they need to remember there are some much better D's and DC's on the schedule and better O's and OC's than they faced yesterday. I will be surprised if the Giants aren't picking top 5 in April and top 3 will not surprise me.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
I was pessimistic about Moore. Looks like I was wrong. The offense looked totally different yesterday under his direction. I was very impressed.