Kelvin Joseph and his sub 4.3 speed what's not to like?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Also why are people worried about Bossman Fat having a hip hop career and nobody complained about Cole "measley" Beasley hip hop rapping career outside of football. Unlike Measley Beasly, Bossman Fat will not quit during training camp and have to be begged to return to football camp.

Cole Beasley played four years of college ball at SMU. He gave no one any reason to doubt his commitment to football, until he walked away from the Cowboys. Many, many fans did not agree when Dallas talked him into coming back.

Questions about Joseph's commitment are based on his behavior at both LSU and Kentucky. While he might not quit during training camp, the questions have a legitimate basis.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I've heard a number of people complaining about this pick.. This guy blanketed pretty much anybody he faced and reportedly sports blazing speed enough to run with anybody including Tyreke Hill. People seem bent outta shape over the whole "rap career" thing.. which I suppose might be a thing.. but unless his music gets a lot better he's not going to make enough money from it to quit football. He's hardly the first player to have interests outside football.. Given the receivers the Eagles and Giants drafted and let's not forget McLaurin in DC having a guy who is as fast as any of them can only be a plus. Watching how effortlessly he runs stride for stride with the Bama Heisman trophy winner is eye opening to say the least. I'm looking forward to watching teams try him deep.. cause I don't think it's going to work out that well for them..

I would like to rap-collaborate with my man KJspeedtrap.
6e1e43e080023a810f96757e1e539e93.jpg

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I've heard a number of people complaining about this pick.. This guy blanketed pretty much anybody he faced and reportedly sports blazing speed enough to run with anybody including Tyreke Hill. People seem bent outta shape over the whole "rap career" thing.. which I suppose might be a thing.. but unless his music gets a lot better he's not going to make enough money from it to quit football. He's hardly the first player to have interests outside football.. Given the receivers the Eagles and Giants drafted and let's not forget McLaurin in DC having a guy who is as fast as any of them can only be a plus. Watching how effortlessly he runs stride for stride with the Bama Heisman trophy winner is eye opening to say the least. I'm looking forward to watching teams try him deep.. cause I don't think it's going to work out that well for them..

I think he'll turn heads. But tell me about hands, quickness, agility or being smart on the field.
Qualities much like me, but a better rapper. KJspeedtrap, chaps!

Cowboyny

Reaction score

I loved the selection as I viewed him as a 1st rd prospect. Yes, there is some immaturity and off the field concerns, but as a player on the field he has the potential to become a #1 corner. He has better speed and better ball skills then all the top corners, but needs polish and experience as he only played a handful of games on the college level. Let's not forget all the top college programs recruited him, including Alabama. I have heard he compares to Janoris Jenkins, who was a turnover machine at the position, if Joseph comes anywhere close, we have found our future, #1 corner.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Just because YOU'VE become used to it, doesn't mean I have.

I ABHOR the word, and never use it.

And my "blackness" is not subject to the interpretation of others or the fads of culture.
Well I salute you . . . the Power of that word has built the 21st century . . . some cringe when they hear it . . . some take pride.

That word has perverted our Society through Mass hypnosis . . its a Classic trigger word.

If you abhor it then that just means its in your head and the real mastas the ones who own speech and vocabulary within popular culture.

Symbols rule the World and words are nothning but a Symbol

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Cole Beasley played four years of college ball at SMU. He gave no one any reason to doubt his commitment to football, until he walked away from the Cowboys. Many, many fans did not agree when Dallas talked him into coming back.

Questions about Joseph's commitment are based on his behavior at both LSU and Kentucky. While he might not quit during training camp, the questions have a legitimate basis.
At LSU as a sophomore he chose to transfer after the depth chart came out that freshman phenom Darryl Stingley was starting at one cb spot and Kristian Fulton who was originally suspended two years for tampering with a drug test was reinstated after one year was getting the other starting spot. Kary Vincent Jr (Broncos 7th round pick in 2021) was at the slot. McClay said on the ticket that LSU wanted Joseph to switch to safety. The media though made it out like LSU told him to leave because he had been suspended from a bowl game as a freshman. But the two had nothing to do with each other. The suspension had to do with weed.

McClay also said that at Kentucky he like a lot of other players have done decided not to play the last two games there not wanting to get hurt and to go ahead and prepare for the draft. He asked Stoops if he could stay on the team and not play. And that's where the quote comes from where Stoops said they weren't going to do it that way. He didn't want him standing around and not playing. So he told him to opt-out which is what he did. But the media acted as if Stoops didn't want him because he had quit on him.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Well I salute you . . . the Power of that word has built the 21st century . . . some cringe when they hear it . . . some take pride.

That word has perverted our Society through Mass hypnosis . . its a Classic trigger word.

If you abhor it then that just means its in your head and the real mastas the ones who own speech and vocabulary within popular culture.

Symbols rule the World and words are nothning but a Symbol

Please spare me the psychobabble.

Who takes it as a source of pride? Those who have forgotten their history and use it as a generic qualifier?

Second, words have power because they shape people's stereotypes and beliefs. And those stereotypes can beliefs have practical consequences.

People have used symbols to KILL. Tell their victims about the impotency of words. :rolleyes:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The insults got to stop in this forum. Its beyond the point of ridiculous. As far as those whole issue with the future Superstar or Super dud, I say this.
There are known knowns and that there are known unknowns. But there are also unknown unknowns; things we don't know that we don't know. :)
They are more like friendly jabs to the shoulder area from old schoolers,,, nothing to be concerned about.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Please spare me the psychobabble.

Who takes it as a source of pride? Those who have forgotten their history and use it as a generic qualifier?

Second, words have power because they shape people's stereotypes and beliefs. And those stereotypes can beliefs have practical consequences.

People have used symbols to KILL. Tell their victims about the impotency of words. :rolleyes:

Exactly and the sad part is when people fulfill those stereo types. . . those who take pride are those who use it as a term of endearment. . . or as a placeholder for the word Man.

It sounds to me you are very much against it . . . sadly most dont feel as you do . . . . to some it is as common as the words Water Food & Love

People use Words to KILL . . .?. . . without words Man could do nothing.

But I ask which Symbolic Language is being used to Kill all the world?

Answer . . . DOG LATIN

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think the OP meant to say "sub 4.4"
Kelvin Joseph has never posted a "sub 4.3".

kskboys

Reaction score

I was referring to the player. Your comment was directed toward me in a juvenile manner. Come on. Have a little bit of respect for other board members.[/QUOTE]
He's the type you have to force to respect others.

kskboys

Reaction score
look at Roy Williams the receiver. Dude somehow ran in the 4.3s, but played like he ran a 4.8 and definitely looked the part of a slow possession receiver (without the hands)
Won a bet at the time that he was actually faster than Miles Austin.