Kelvin Joseph and his sub 4.3 speed what's not to like?

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Just IMO , but guys into rap, tend to be obsessed with it. So no way he will stay focused on football.
Football will be just something he does to finance his rap career.

And I am not saying he will be a bad player, he may do good, but football will never be #1 interest for him.
He will now be a instant millionaire, so he will soon be "busting a move" lol with his rap interests.
You very well could be right, but I hope you're not.

Hopefully he comes in guns a blazin', but like you said, you never know.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Joseph is getting a bad rap so to speak. lol Garrison rode in the rodeo during the off season and was passionate about it he went to OSU because of the collegiate rodeo team they had. People can have more than 1 passion and as for Joseph I don't care if he has other interest as long as he plays hard for the Cowboys while he is here.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He obviously doesn't know anything about the person you were replying to either. He loves to make drama on here daily.

The odd thing is he fancies himself an optimist when he's not insulting/name-calling. I try not to take the bait from him very often, but sometimes he's too much. And it's exactly what he's looking for. What a sad life it must be to where you get pleasure from being an antagonist on a message board.

Hey Fastpitch, how you been?

I don't know and honestly, I don't really put to much into a lot of it. I know a lot of the posters on this board, I know the ones I don't agree with and I know the ones that I may not agree with but just like as posters and the difference in conversations is admittedly different. There are guys here that are really just trolling me and that goes back to the days when I was part of the staff. Then, there are guys here who I've discussed issues with for years and I may not agree with them but I have enough respect for them to actually have discussions, even when I don't agree because I know it's not about being right. It's about actual discussions. Don't get me wrong, I may not agree with them all the time either but I appreciate anybody who can actualize and carry on a thoughtful conversation. That's one of the things I enjoy most on this board. It's just not something you see nearly as much of, unfortunately. But then there are those people who I know are just here for an argument or a fight. They stir the pot and on a lot of days, I just don't want to waste my time on them. It gets old and I'm sure that a lot of those posters don't really have a lot of love for me either (LOL.......), but I'm good with that. Not every poster is going to be your bestie right? So it is what it is but it's not worth wasting a lot of time on.

As far as the poster who, apparently was here under another handle but now has a new one, that's fine too. If he were a friend of mine, he would have told me who he was. He elected not to so that probably tells me something as well.

Either way, not worth a lot of cycles on a Friday afternoon!

So how's that Flip Change coming along? ;)

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You might want to go back and few years and read. There were people complaining about it potentially being a problem. Not sure if your trying to imply something, but either way you are incorrect. Maybe you were too busy calling everyone trolls.

I have no problem with players having outside interests as long as they remember that it's football that butters their bread.
I don’t remember it ever happening. Maybe you have an agenda.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think Joseph is getting a bad rap so to speak. lol Garrison rode in the rodeo during the off season and was passionate about it he went to OSU because of the collegiate rodeo team they had. People can have more than 1 passion and as for Joseph I don't care if he has other interest as long as he plays hard for the Cowboys while he is here.
:hammer:

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
You just hearing about them in the last week doesn't mean they just mysteriously surfaced. There is a reason no one was projected to touch this kid in the first round. There was a reason he was kicked off one program and advised to opt out from another. These things didn't just mysteriously surface, whether they bother you or not.

Quote from Kentucky coach Mark Stoops,

“He's not been one bit of a problem for me in the two years that he's been here. He's not been a problem whatsoever. He's always done a good job, he's been on time, he's worked hard. He bought into our culture and our program and has been a lot of fun to coach."

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
According to hearsay he has character issues, which can be easily confused with confident and cocky.

As posted above,

"He's not been one bit of a problem for me in the two years that he's been here. He's not been a problem whatsoever. He's always done a good job, he's been on time, he's worked hard. He bought into our culture and our program and has been a lot of fun to coach."

Londonboy

Reaction score
I'd much rather have a Guy who sits around playing video games all day in His off time.

Much better than some Guy with the ambition and energy to do something constructive.

plymkr

Reaction score
There is worse sounding stuff that gets air play. He is young, he does need to find that thing that will set him a part otherwise he will be a face in a crowded game.
Yeah hopefully he shelves this until the offseasons or he retires, but when he comes back to it I think he needs to get off auto tunes and work on his diction and sound of his words. I also agree there isn't anything that sets him apart as far as his voice or his sound. I really hope someone close to him tells him he can work on music the rest of his life but his body will only be football ready for a couple years and football is his meal ticket.

erod

Reaction score
We'll see just how much he loves football soon enough. I would say he has to love it some because it would have been extremely easy to walk away after what happened at LSU. Something made him pursue a transfer and go play at Kentucky especially during this wacky year. But yeah.. when I was coaching I would start every season with a speech where I would tell the kids that if you don't love this game, if you're only out here because your dad is making you play, please take off your gear and leave now.. This is not a game you can play if you don't love it. If your parents give you any pushback tell them to come talk to me.. Only once did a parent actually come talk to me.. but it wasn't to punch me out.. it was to thank me.. because his son did not want to play football but he didn't know how to tell is dad that. My speech gave him the avenue to do it and the parents thanked me for not letting their kid risk getting hurt (he was a skinny little wisp of a kid with zero athletic ability) and being miserable.. I understand the kid went on to be a fine horn player in the high school band and was some kind of math bowl champ.. His dad had wanted him to play football because of course he had played.. But this was that 12-14 age group where the kids were starting to get big enough, strong enough and fast enough that they could actually hurt one another. Some little 75 pound kid who was only one the team because dad wanted him to be and who would have to play a minimum number of plays per game in accordance with Pop Warner rules could get seriously jacked up .. I could protect him in practice.. but in a game? I feared for his life. Here's hoping Joseph isn't quite THAT kid.. LOL!
College football has very few good cornerbacks. They hard to find, which is why college defenses are generally utter crap.

He's really talented, so he can simply get by on that.

But not in the NFL. You have to grind on it every day to stick around. You gotta love it, or you'll get destroyed by NFL receivers and quarterbacks.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
For me, I thought the Cowboys would get at least two of Horn or Surtain. So I didnt do much homework on other guys. Then the disappointment of watching Moerhig go right in front of us was too much to bare. When the pick came out, most of it was about how he was an attitude problem and a risk being kicked off a couple of teams. Then the rapper thing.

I didnt like the pick. But as things have settled down, I have done more research, watched interviews and film, the kid is definitely growing on me. He definitely has the talent. Im even starting to get convinced that even if Moerhig was there we should have taken this kid.

I liked what I have seen from him so far, and can't wait to see what he does.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But does he love football like he loves music?

We see case after case of guys who don't love football just vanishing from the game. They walk away from tons of money because they're just sick and tired of everything that goes with the grind of football.

Did you watch his interview, or are you just quoting an opinion? He clearly stated that, football is first in his life, and rap is a hobby.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As posted above,

"He's not been one bit of a problem for me in the two years that he's been here. He's not been a problem whatsoever. He's always done a good job, he's been on time, he's worked hard. He bought into our culture and our program and has been a lot of fun to coach."

They will only double down.

erod

Reaction score
Did you watch his interview, or are you just quoting an opinion? He clearly stated that, football is first in his life, and rap is a hobby.
Because obviously he'd admit otherwise.

Lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
NFL is real hard work and dealing with adversity,the dude quit on 2 teams because he didnt want to work that hard.I am not sure thats going to change in the NFL.
Working for a paycheck is all the incentive some people need. Hopefully he's one of those people.

erod

Reaction score
So what are you basing your claims on?
How many NFL players are known as Bossman Fat and have already released 6 albums?

Some have said it's what pushed him into the second round.

Just reading reports and listening to the "experts." He can play. Is it going to be that important to him?