Kelvin Joseph at Voluntary Workouts Today

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Bossman has been a turd since the day he arrived and the stench is only getting worse. Way to go Jerry. Another fantastic second round gamble.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been around a lot of troubled athletes.....all you can do is advise them, love them and provide direction....the rest is up to them....I've been to many weddings, graduations, birthday parties, but I've also been to many court dates and funerals...the real world sucks, sometimes

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I've been around a lot of troubled athletes.....all you can do is advise them, love them and provide direction....the rest is up to them....I've been to many weddings, graduations, birthday parties, but I've also been to many court dates and funerals...the real world sucks, sometimes
This is it.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
That is true, however the NFL requires you to grow up quicker, because of people who hang on to you and will drag you down with them. You are now in the spot light anything you say or do will be reported on, in a 24/7 sports news these acts can end a career quickly. In the old day, players would get drunk, get into fights and no one ever heard about it, now you have media reporting on everything and anything.

I guess I am just a little less "they all need to be choirboys" than some. These kids come from all walks of life. Some have solid foundations and/or a good moral compass and others are completely F-d up owing their upbringing. I consider myself extremely fortunate to have found my way onto a path that got me into college, into a career and on to a good life without any jail time.. (unless you count a coupla weekends cleaning up freeway trash because of too many traffic tickets!!) I have dozens of friends from my childhood and high school days who were not so fortunate and ended up in and out of prison, hooked on drugs, selling drugs or dead. There but for the grace of God indeed. I know these guys were not evil people growing up and still aren't.. but somehow they managed to get on the wrong path and could not get off for whatever reasons. I see those guys when I look at kids like Joseph. Not some irredeemable thug/gangster.. Just a kid in need of guidance. No not all of them will listen to wise counsel, but most of them will. Hopefully Joseph is one of the latter.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I guess I am just a little less "they all need to be choirboys" than some. These kids come from all walks of life. Some have solid foundations and/or a good moral compass and others are completely F-d up owing their upbringing. I consider myself extremely fortunate to have found my way onto a path that got me into college, into a career and on to a good life without any jail time.. (unless you count a coupla weekends cleaning up freeway trash because of too many traffic tickets!!) I have dozens of friends from my childhood and high school days who were not so fortunate and ended up in and out of prison, hooked on drugs, selling drugs or dead. There but for the grace of God indeed. I know these guys were not evil people growing up and still aren't.. but somehow they managed to get on the wrong path and could not get off for whatever reasons. I see those guys when I look at kids like Joseph. Not some irredeemable thug/gangster.. Just a kid in need of guidance. No not all of them will listen to wise counsel, but most of them will. Hopefully Joseph is one of the latter.

I don't disagree, but like it or not when you hit the NFL you are in the spot light and if you don't grow up quickly, heed advice from others you can lose everything you work for. I know NFL holds a rookie symposium where these young guys are told about the pit falls by many former players who went through these issues and unfortunately many choose to ignore it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I would excuse any young knucklehead's actions, but not at the inexcusable cost of an innocent young man's life who had just turned 20 years old and was out that night trying to celebrate his recent graduation. When any athlete contributes to the loss of a life due to their own willful thuggery, they should pay the price. Period. No damn excuses.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I would excuse any young knucklehead's actions, but not at the inexcusable cost of an innocent young man's life who had just turned 20 years old and was out that night trying to celebrate his recent graduation. When any athlete contributes to the loss of a life due to their own willful thuggery, they should pay the price. Period. No damn excuses.

Until I know whether Joseph played any part in the shooting I'm not going to condemn him. If he sat there quietly while two of the idiots brandished guns IMHO that's not being an accomplice rather it's a sign of intelligence. And again, I doubt any of them knew that Cameron Ray had died that night. Then once they found out I bet they all went into various stages of panic. I hope he was just a guy in the car who was too dumb to know that he needed to go to the cops the minute he heard the kid had died. That I can live with and give him a second chance.. But if he egged it on or participated in any way he needs to rot in jail. And obviously never set foot on an NFL field again..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Until I know whether Joseph played any part in the shooting I'm not going to condemn him. If he sat there quietly while two of the idiots brandished guns IMHO that's not being an accomplice rather it's a sign of intelligence. And again, I doubt any of them knew that Cameron Ray had died that night. Then once they found out I bet they all went into various stages of panic. I hope he was just a guy in the car who was too dumb to know that he needed to go to the cops the minute he heard the kid had died. That I can live with and give him a second chance.. But if he egged it on or participated in any way he needs to rot in jail. And obviously never set foot on an NFL field again..
He stayed quiet for a whole month until police investigators ID'd him. Had it not been for that, he would still be quiet and no one would know who was responsible for such a crime. But you go ahead and keep making excuses if it pleases your conscience.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Ive always been in the camp that if he isnt convicted of a crime. They shouldnt even be suspended but I understand why they do it.

quickccc

Reaction score
Apparently Cowboys are not against him being at the facility, and if his camp and advisors are with the Cowboys ,..and it apparently ok across the board with him
being at the facility.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Josh Brent was on the sidelines days after he basically killed his teammate. Jerry is know for standing by his players no matter what but sometimes it’s very tasteless and this is one of them.

Sure and then he was charged and life went on. You holding out for the prosecutors drumming up new charges after stating they did not believe he was involved in the shooting?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Cause here is the thing guys, the Baton Rouge DA's office is much better versed in the legal particulars than we are. Two men out off the five in the SUV were charged and KJ is free to go back to practice. They've already talked to all of them. He may have already finished his afternoon lift and gone home but he was there at work again today.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Sounds like your ready to grab a gun and hunt down Joseph yourself.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
No, but I bet you would if it was your loved one he and his Gangsta buds shot and killed.
Texas a has a punishment system for those that misbehave. So does the NFL and the Dallas Cowboys. Let those systems do what they're suppose to do. That's my take on Joseph's punishment.

So that means no, I wouldn't go out to get vigilante justice if it was one of my love ones.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Texas a has a punishment system for those that misbehave. So does the NFL and the Dallas Cowboys. Let those systems do what they're suppose to do. That's my take on Joseph's punishment.

So that means no, I wouldn't go out to get vigilante justice if it was one of my love ones.
Hard to believe you when you're so quick to make false accusations against someone.