News: Kelvin Joseph Having 'Productive Offseason,' Reveals Cowboys Coach Mike McCarthy

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jerry said at a press conference the Joseph is part of the team and dared the media to question it. The police have their perps and the DA has their witness.

Joseph is part of the team right now and the murder case is still being investigated.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Joseph is part of the team right now and the murder case is still being investigated.
I doubt that. Police don’t announce when they close cases because the case could fall apart before trail. Cases like this witnesses rarely come forward. Joseph is the witness. He would not testify without a deal.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Regardless the criminal trial, I'm predicting KJ faces civil charges based on him being in the vehicle. Preponderance of the evidence is the standard in a civil trial, and I believe KJ loses by that standard.
Anyway you look at it, he's going to be light in the wallet.

Haimerej

Reaction score
We do not know what the police were up to but they are not going to plaster what they were up to all over the news

I get the benefit of the doubt, but there's really nothing logical behind this point of view. They have a duty to get alleged murderers off the streets. There's simply no reason for them to hold off arresting people if they have probable cause.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I doubt that. Police don’t announce when they close cases because the case could fall apart before trail. Cases like this witnesses rarely come forward. Joseph is the witness. He would not testify without a deal.

Once there’s a trial and the perpetrators are convicted the case is closed unless the authorities are still looking to come up with evidence to link Joseph to the crime. By the way if Joseph needs a deal to testify don’t think that will sit well with the Cowboys. He must have more involvement if he needs a deal. If the Cowboys find out he has more involvement he’ll be released immediately.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I get the benefit of the doubt, but there's really nothing logical behind this point of view. They have a duty to get alleged murderers off the streets. There's simply no reason for them to hold off arresting people if they have probable cause.
I'm not giving him any benefit of the doubt I do not know what happened I was not there. No one knows the order of what happened after the shooting. Yet.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I'm not giving him any benefit of the doubt I do not know what happened I was not there. No one knows the order of what happened after the shooting. Yet.

I was referring to, "we do not know what the police were up to," as a reason for putting off arrests. If any one of the suspects were identified prior to their releasing the video they would have arrested said suspect.

The only reason I could think for holding off would be going after a bigger fish. If there's a bigger fish behind this, KJ's problems are a lot worse than we know.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Well, after news got out that he was riding in a car full of gangbanging murderers he should have been kicked to the curb immediately! There's a reason why this dude transferred out of LSU and it wasn't because he was a lousy football player.
:hammer::hammer:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Once there’s a trial and the perpetrators are convicted the case is closed unless the authorities are still looking to come up with evidence to link Joseph to the crime. By the way if Joseph needs a deal to testify don’t think that will sit well with the Cowboys. He must have more involvement if he needs a deal. If the Cowboys find out he has more involvement he’ll be released immediately.
I am speculating about the deal. He went in to talk to the police with a lawyer after talking to the Cowboys. Then the next day two men were arrested and charged with murder. Joseph is participating in offseason workouts. The Cowboys know what is going on with this case. Jerry practically owns the DFW area. The only question now is what the NFL will do with Joseph.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm continually amazed by how being an athlete gives you so many privileges. You can literally take your crew out, get in a fight, watch your crew kill someone, then keep quiet until your face is on the news and people will give you the benefit of the doubt.

He sure can run fast, though.

What's sad is how so many in the business defend such a person at all costs no matter how a regular civilian would be treated differently.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I was referring to, "we do not know what the police were up to," as a reason for putting off arrests. If any one of the suspects were identified prior to their releasing the video they would have arrested said suspect.

The only reason I could think for holding off would be going after a bigger fish. If there's a bigger fish behind this, KJ's problems are a lot worse than we know.
What happens if the police did not know where they were until he told them There is a what if for every what if until it is all said and done.

Haimerej

Reaction score

What's sad is how so many in the business defend such a person at all costs no matter how a regular civilian would be treated differently.

I can't believe we're getting the whole, "he grew up bad," thing. I mean, who cares? A man is dead. Shot in the head from the street while walking to his car. He was there. He knew. He said nothing until his face was on the news.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I am speculating about the deal. He went in to talk to the police with a lawyer after talking to the Cowboys. Then the next day two men were arrested and charged with murder. Joseph is participating in offseason workouts. The Cowboys know what is going on with this case. Jerry practically owns the DFW area. The only question now is what the NFL will do with Joseph.

He won’t need any deal if he had absolutely no involvement. People only look for deals when they fear being prosecuted and put in jail. The Cowboys know what’s going on and rather than having their entire attention on putting together a good football team in 2022 they have to keep tabs on what’s going on with the case. It doesn’t matter what Jerry Jones owns he and his players aren’t above the law or any punishment the league may hand down.

Haimerej

Reaction score
What happens if the police did not know where they were until he told them There is a what if for every what if until it is all said and done.

They would go to their last known residence and start asking neighbors. Seek out their family members. They have ways of finding people with just a name. There's a service you have to be a private investigator to buy, can't remember what it was called, but you can have nothing but a name and town, no address, and you can track people down.

Plus, they asked help in identifying when they released the video. Seems pretty straightforward they didn't know who they were.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I can't believe we're getting the whole, "he grew up bad," thing. I mean, who cares? A man is dead. Shot in the head from the street while walking to his car. He was there. He knew. He said nothing until his face was on the news.
He's as much responsible. DA is probably a "today's lesser" DA. I know some DAs who come after everyone, especially those who were part of the group but stayed quiet for over a month until identified by police investigators.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Kelvin Joseph should have productively reached out and helped the victim's family by now. Is he even going to try...or does he not care? How about the Cowboys? You are supporting a costly drafted player WHO WAS a part of the killing group. What are Jerry and the Cowboys going to do to help that poor family?
NOTHING ! LOL
Jerry is like J Jonah Jameson in spiderman. Very tight with the money.
he is shooting for 20 billion now that it is at 10 billion.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
mike says what jerry wants him to say, he cant say the truth.
Truth is jerry thinks the guy might be good , and he already spent a 2nd round pick on him, so he will keep him and play him.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah man we need him lol, if Dallas PD didn’t charge him with accessory to murder then who is this board to accuse him?

The court of public opinion is a real thing. Though he may not have been charged yet, it is very hard to imagine he had no idea what was going on. You think he was just hitching a ride and suddenly someone in the car pulls out a gun and kills someone? Public opinion usually sides with the most likely explanation. If Zeke gets 6 games for something he didn't do, it is not hard to imagine the commish coming down like a ton of bricks on this kid.

The question for the team isn't did he do it so much as will he be available.