Twitter: Kelvin Joseph Missed Practice With Illness

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Can we stop being sensationalists and speculating without any facts just because some posters don’t like his demeanor? If he does something worrisome then we can worry, until then let’s not assume that routine things are signs of doom. Haven’t seen anyone be this scrutinized this quickly in a while.

Lets be honest here..............when you speculate that the reason he missed practice is nothing, THATS SPECULATING. Its also the FACTS about Joseph and his history that makes him more scrutinized than other draftees. Im also sure that other draftees have missed practice, but no one wrote an article speculating about it. :grin:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I googled and read every article that I found and in no article did it give me a true explanation of what his character issues are, not one. So maybe you or anyone else can help me because I can’t find it. The only thing I see is that he was suspended for violating teams rules and he decided to transfer after that incident. I’m wondering what was the incident, but either so the team didn’t kick him off he left on his in accord. The only thing I keep hearing and reading is that he likes and performs rap musics. REALLY? The big bad rapper.

But yet I haven’t heard anything since draft day about Josh Ball, nothing! The white player with eleven incidents of domestic violence, yes ELEVEN, can quietly go about his business but the young black rapper has to constantly defend himself against hidden and unknown character concerns. Whatever!

Whatever Kelvin did it happened almost two years ago, he is now nineteen years old meaning he was only seventeen or eighteen when he did whatever it was. A child making a bad decision, that’s never happened before.

Yes Mountain he deserves a chance to have people just “let it go” has they have with Ball.

The white player

This type of rhetoric is not allowed here.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I don't think it's wrong to believe a guy with a history of character issues does in fact have character issues.

Some of ya'll thought every year single year was the year that Randy Gregory had finally got it together. He NEVER got it together. It took a rule change for him to have a career. Some guys just don't change from the person that had "character concerns" pre draft.

I'm glad that it's nothing major, but Joseph didn't deserve the benefit of the doubt yet. His issues take time to develop trust. I don't care if he does have a star on his helmet.
Ok. You say character issues. Outside of him refusing to practice at LSU, because he knew he was going to transfer, what other character issues are there? I ask because I have no problem with him refusing to play for a team that would give him a chance to start. So give me another example, if you please.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So he’s guilty until proven innocent?
Yes, when a player comes in with a stigma attached to him, it is up to him to change that.

Hardy came in as a ?, did he change that?

Dez came in with a ?, did he change that. Only player to ever walk off the field before the gun.

Gregory had a to have a rule change to stay in the NFL.

Once any player shows a questionable trait, it is up to him to change that perception.

This isn't remotely guilty until proven innocent, he brought the guilt with him and that guilt is his to keep or erase. The reason some jumped the gun on him is because of his history and he earned that. Whatever that is, I have no idea.

Ball has the same perception to erase, if he can.

We are who people think we are until that perception changes and people do not change that on their own.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I googled and read every article that I found and in no article did it give me a true explanation of what his character issues are, not one. So maybe you or anyone else can help me because I can’t find it. The only thing I see is that he was suspended for violating teams rules and he decided to transfer after that incident. I’m wondering what was the incident, but either so the team didn’t kick him off he left on his in accord. The only thing I keep hearing and reading is that he likes and performs rap musics. REALLY? The big bad rapper.

But yet I haven’t heard anything since draft day about Josh Ball, nothing! The white player with eleven incidents of domestic violence, yes ELEVEN, can quietly go about his business but the young black rapper has to constantly defend himself against hidden and unknown character concerns. Whatever!

Whatever Kelvin did it happened almost two years ago, he is now nineteen years old meaning he was only seventeen or eighteen when he did whatever it was. A child making a bad decision, that’s never happened before.

Yes Mountain he deserves a chance to have people just “let it go” has they have with Ball.
It is truly a mystery because he was highly recruited and a real prize at LSU. And as we know now, LSU had their own issues behind the curtain going on back then. Neither has ever said anything about what led to his transfer to South Carolina. And I am not aware of any issues at SC. It could be as simple as he got crossways with a coach, just like Hill did.

However, it is just human nature when we see the smoldering embers to imagine the fire that must have been.

I don't care about what these players do off the field and we seldom know the truth anyway. People tried to make a deal out of Parsons being a young idiot, like most of us haven't been there.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Can we stop being sensationalists and speculating without any facts just because some posters don’t like his demeanor? If he does something worrisome then we can worry, until then let’s not assume that routine things are signs of doom. Haven’t seen anyone be this scrutinized this quickly in a while.

And perhaps we should stop sensationalizing people speculating on an absence the team doesn't explain at first? Especially on a Cowboy message board in June when there is little else to talk about?

My opinion is the guy has a fresh start and has said and done nothing but the absolute right things since we drafted him. I couldn't care less about what he did or didn't do as an 18 - 20 year old in College. He tweeted something about getting your vaccine. Does that mean he just got his and is feeling side effects? Does it mean he got COVID. Was it an unrelated coincidence? Who knows. But discussing why he may be out (is there an injury that occurred in practice that we haven't heard yet?) is normal until we hear the facts.

johneric8

Reaction score
I didn't say he did anything wrong. I'm glad he didn't. I don't know him personally. I only know what has been reported on him and I chose to take that into account. I don't believe anyone would be in the wrong to think that he could have gotten in his own way again like he has a history of doing.
The way you suggested all of us gave an undeserving randy gregory the benefit of the doubt, you set yourself up for ridicule man! That's like saying, "you guys proved y'all are poor judges of character, you should be less sympathetic like me"...

:facepalm::eek::omg:

Silly

Reaction score
I don't know. Some people just have trouble in stressful situations. Everybody has different levels of coping. From time to time a day off is a good thing.:huh:

blueblood70

Reaction score
That is what the haters do.
yup SM chums the water with vague story's and the sharks come to feed as if it were their last dinner..

then look at the backtrackers still trying to make excuses for their bad kneejerk behavior,...not apologizing , making excuses for for their own bad character..hmmm

we call that hypocrisy where i come from..

ripping man for missing practice before finding out why, as if they never called in sick to work , and when they have egg on their faces they cant seem to admit they were wrong..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But that's what we are here FOR. If we can't speculate, make things up, try to make ourselves look cool and so-in-the-know....why bother? :p

speedkilz88

Reaction score
It is truly a mystery because he was highly recruited and a real prize at LSU. And as we know now, LSU had their own issues behind the curtain going on back then. Neither has ever said anything about what led to his transfer to South Carolina. And I am not aware of any issues at SC. It could be as simple as he got crossways with a coach, just like Hill did.

However, it is just human nature when we see the smoldering embers to imagine the fire that must have been.

I don't care about what these players do off the field and we seldom know the truth anyway. People tried to make a deal out of Parsons being a young idiot, like most of us haven't been there.
Joseph was suspended for a bowl game as a freshman. That was supposedly due to one or more failed drug tests - weed. He contemplated transferring after that but chose not to. A couple months after that he learned he was not projected to start at cb. LSU wanted him to switch to safety according to mcclay on ktck after the draft, so he transferred to Kentucky.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

@Sydla

the_h0wey

Reaction score

I think he had the Raps

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Y'all remember a lot of the backlash when Hardy was signed? Now, do you remember how the crowd reacted with his first sack?

First play that Joseph makes, most will forget any of this whatever they think. Because I don't even know what to think to begin with, no one's talking. I don't know if it was drugs, guns or women but he is a rapper, dontchyaknow?

He's a rapper so that comes with a stigma with some people because they're all gangstas with 37 baby mama's. That baby mama's might be true. We know what Joseph aspires to be but do we know what the others aspire to be?

Lawrence aspires to be a creative writer and creator of clever nicknames. Gregory will own the first legal pot store in Texas, should that ever come about. Jaylon has a future as an impersonator.

BTW, I am inspired by young Kelvin and am beginning on my act. I am going to be a 73 year old white rapper called Smooth Boy Jackson and I've already started on my stuff, whatdyathink?

(twuuh, twuhh twuhh, twuhh, that's me spitting in my hands)

I'm an old guy with an eye for the ladies
Some think I'm just a little bit shady
But young ones go for the mature I'm told
So I am mature, I ain't old
I tell all the people she is my niece
So no one calls the social police
So hide your ladies somewhere out of town
When Smooth Boy Jackson comes around.

Once the nursing homes get right, I am planning a tour.

Last edited: