Kelvin Joseph over Jeremiah Owusu Koramoah

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Joseph was arguably BPA though and had been for about 5-10+ picks. It's the baggage that made him fall. That LB on the Browns would have been nice too but you're choosing from a player with a history of pissing off coaches vs. a guy with an injury history and after the Jaylon Smith fiasco I think the Cowboys went with the right "dicey" pick.

Nah, JOK was the better player and his injury was minor quite unlike Jaylon Smith's.

JOK was AND is the better pick.

And Asante Samuel Jr. was the higher rated CORNER to boot and was also available.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nah, JOK was the better player and his injury was minor quite unlike Jaylon Smith's.

JOK was AND is the better pick.

And Asante Samuel Jr. was the higher rated CORNER to boot and was also available.
Asante Samuel wasn't a scheme fit.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In a year or two.....Joseph is either going to make a fool out of you or make your revisionist history based opinions look genius. Nothing new around here a lot of people didn't like the Parsons pick either.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Asante Samuel wasn't a scheme fit.

Best coaches fit schemes to their best players, not the other way around.

This was whole reason DQ learned to adjust his scheme so he can play multiple systems and move around personnel accordingly.

plasticman

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't understand the incompetence of the Cowboys personnel analysts. Why can't they get the next available guy who eventually becomes a HOFer in every single round?

They should at least get a good starter, I realize drafting All Pros in the 7th round can be problematic, I'm not unrealistic, just naive.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What has Joseph done this season other than missing most of the season due to injury and playing a little on Special Teams?

Joseph has contributed diddly this season so far.

Another costly 2nd round pick with little to show for once again for the Cowboys. This has been going on for almost 20 years when it comes to this franchise's 2nd round picks.

Oooh, but don't say anything because you will be called a hater...o_O

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Check out this article (link below) that came out today...and watch all of the videos showcasing Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah's outstanding performances this season for the Browns. He looks like another Dexter Coakley. Imagine how well his skills at LB would be helping out this Cowboys team this year?

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland...amoah-cleveland-browns-177251522/#177251522_1

Cowboys dropped the ball and made another costly and bad pick in the 2nd round once again. SMH

"Ohhh, we drafted for the future!" Yeah, how so if you don't have anything to build on during the present?

2nd round picks are supposed to be starters, not backups learning on the sidelines for the future. Frustrating how other teams understand this except for the Cowboys. :mad:

Reactions: BAT

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Another example of why you don't reach for positional need. JOK had a health issue which caused him to slip but it's relatively mild nothing like Jaylon Smith. I think he would have been an excellent scheme fit. LVE and Keanu Neal likely won't be back next season.
I woulda drafted Creed Humphrey or Azeez Ojulari in the 2nd and taken Paulson Adebo in the 3rd.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Check out this article (link below) that came out today...and watch all of the videos showcasing Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah's outstanding performances this season for the Browns. He looks like another Dexter Coakley. Imagine how well his skills at LB would be helping out this Cowboys team this year?

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland...amoah-cleveland-browns-177251522/#177251522_1

Cowboys dropped the ball and made another costly and bad pick in the 2nd round once again. SMH

"Ohhh, we drafted for the future!" Yeah, how so if you don't have anything to build on during the present?

2nd round picks are supposed to be starters, not backups learning on the sidelines for the future. Frustrating how other teams understand this except for the Cowboys. :mad:

Looks like a Thomas Davis clone.

Or a hybrid of Darren Woodson/Dexter Coakley for Cowboys only fans.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Best coaches fit schemes to their best players, not the other way around.

This was whole reason DQ learned to adjust his scheme so he can play multiple systems and move around personnel accordingly.
I agree. Best coaches fit schemes to their best players.....Samuel was not a player so why would you go out of your way to draft a guy who you didn't see as a fit lol?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Another example of why you don't reach for positional need. JOK had a health issue which caused him to slip but it's relatively mild nothing like Jaylon Smith. I think he would have been an excellent scheme fit. LVE and Keanu Neal likely won't be back next season.

Im not giving up on Joseph yet, but not a great start. More about his injuries then anything. LVE sucks.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Joseph is a special teams baller, has balled out every time he's been asked to play corner this year in the regular season and even took an ejection to defend his teammates in the worst referreed regular season game in NFL history... I think Bossman is a keeper. I think he will be a stud CB2 across from Diggs very very soon. He is very fast, quick, talented and smart as a cornerback. Anthony Brown tries, but he's just not talented enough. Joseph is a baller, he will be a keeper and look like a fantastic pick very very soon.
I'm all for waiting to see what the kid has, but that seems to be a little bit of a stretch, no?

Qcard

Reaction score
Joseph has gave us no reason to regret our selection yet.

In fact he’s a high upside player.
Kelvin Joseph has the biggest dog amongst DBs. I like Kelvin Joseph against D-Hop, Devante Adams big aggressive type WRs.

I think Kelvin Joseph is a better tackler than Diggs

It's just a matter of time in my opinion.