Kelvin Joseph switching to safety or getting some position flex?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He is a willing hitter, but I don't think he's mentally sharp enough for a position that takes a decent football IQ.
KJs biggest problem has always been his inmaturity and what is between his ears.
Kid needs to grow up quick in camp this season.

krs1bro

Reaction score
Cut in preseason.....change positions where they don't need players. 2nd round pick...... thanks for the memories.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I respect that notion. But isn't that always the case? In any given position group, just about every year, someone's contract is up or someone's career is ending... Let's live in the now! Heh.
True. But I think there’s a potential spot to open up there.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Good, he better find his niche on this defense, because he is getting pushed rapidly.
Josephs draft status policy is expiring soon, if he doesn't figure it out......
The only reason he's been held to such a high standard is because of the round he was drafted in. If he was a 3rd or 4th rounder, it'd be OK, I guess. And I get the point, he's supposed to develop. It's the same thing with Tolbert. Neither of these guys have the in-game experience of playing in their youth. And if you're an expert at something, that usually comes from playing it since you could walk.

Take Deuce Vaughn as an example. Think he played football young? It matters, especially at the pro level.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
“Having this opportunity to play nickel, it means a lot to me,” Joseph said. “It’s a big chance for me and an advantage because of my capabilities and what I’m able to do. I’m just going to show the coach that I’m available, and he can rely on me to play the position whenever he needs me to. … I’m going to take the position that I’m in and make the best of it.”

“Just being able to learn from everybody and learn from my mistakes,” Joseph said. “That makes me more mature.

Like, me getting benched last year. Not getting mad about it, just using it to get better this offseason on my mistakes and my reason on why I couldn’t play last year or why I was benched or why I gave up passes. This offseason was a whole different focus to come back better, faster and stronger than what I was last year. …

Just locking in. Dialed in. All the way. Blocking out the off-the-field distractions and the naysayers, just to prove everybody wrong and show them that I’m Kelvin Joseph, and I’m a Dallas Cowboy.”

CCBoy

Reaction score
Good, he better find his niche on this defense, because he is getting pushed rapidly.
Josephs draft status policy is expiring soon, if he doesn't figure it out......
This is one pre season where competition is spread throughout the team, but quarterback

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Classic case of everybody hates you and wants you gone except the drunken clown in charge.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
the better question is, is he switching to the gunman instead of innocent by stander reading his Bible in the back seat?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
He is built for something unfortunately it is not NFL football. Can you imagine what a turd this guy would become if he ever got his hands on some real guaranteed money. I shudder to think what that would look like.

JayFord

Reaction score
I mean hes a great gunner on special teams hes actually one of the best in the NFL

problem with that is...2nd rounders are expected to contribute at the position they were drafted at and be cornerstones of the team

he isnt a good corner...and he should be

Creeper

Reaction score
You guys are tough! LOL. I am rooting for him. Anyone who can help the team gets my support. But I am skeptical. KJ doesn't strike me as a safety. But Charlie Waters was an awful CB who turned out to be a good safety so maybe history will repeat itself.

Still, I think they are thin at CB. First, let's admit if CJ Goodwin has to fill in at CB they are in big trouble. So their options after Diggs, Gilmore and Lewis/Bland, are Wright, Joseph and rookie Eric Scott? I suppose they could and will go to Mukuamu if they run short of CBs. He looked okay out there last year in limited opportunities. IMO, they need Joseph to play CB like the 2nd round pick he is. If not for this year, then for next.

blueblood70

Reaction score
hes not moving to safety but like many players the flex is important as when Gilmore was added players on the fringe need to be more useful and knowing another position is important. those saying he cant pay there, its less daunting than CB and hes been on STs and comes down and likes to hit and tackle, not sure why the peanut gallery says otherwise.

However, i read its not safety Persey, hes moving to Nickle, was was expected.