Kelvin Joseph switching to safety or getting some position flex?

blueblood70

Reaction score
He is? At 5'11"?
can we stop the size nonsense. all over here with others now KJ too short top play safety..

Tyrann Mathieu
Height:5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
Weight:190 lb (86 kg)

some have KJ listed at 6' 1", 192 lbs some 5'11 192

Earl Thomas III (Deuce)

Position
: DB

5-10, 202lb (178cm, 91kg)

James Eric Berry (The Fifth Dimension)

Position

6-0, 212lb (183cm, 96kg)

Jarntt

Reaction score
can we stop the size nonsense. all over here with others now KJ too short top play safety..

Tyrann Mathieu
Height:5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
Weight:190 lb (86 kg)

some have KJ listed at 6' 1", 192 lbs some 5'11 192

Earl Thomas III (Deuce)

Position

5-10, 202lb (178cm, 91kg)

James Eric Berry (The Fifth Dimension)

Position

6-0, 212lb (183cm, 96kg)
Who said that he was too small to play safety? My comment said he wasn't "built to play FS". I'll assume you can figure out the difference. And he's not 6'1". I don't know where you even get that. I know, I know, it was on the internet...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Who said that he was too small to play safety? My comment said he wasn't "built to play FS". I'll assume you can figure out the difference. And he's not 6'1". I don't know where you even get that. I know, I know, it was on the internet...
your response to that guy above you literally listed his size as if it wasn't fit to be safety. I mean can it be clearer you wrote the height in your post with??

Jarntt

Reaction score
your response to that guy above you literally listed his size as if it wasn't fit to be safety. I mean can it be clearer you wrote the height in your post with??
Wrong

AGAIN...you need to read more carefully. I didn't say he wasn't fit to be a safety because of his size. I said he wasn't "built to be a safety" as in it wasn't the ideal size. Take a step back and process it if it helps. There is a clear difference between what I said and how you are trying to twist it to get all high and mighty

speedkilz88

Reaction score
LSU wanted him to play safety. But nobody saw him play safety at OTA's. He was doing drills with the safeties and he played 2nd team slot on 7 on 7. Lewis is still out.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Joseph came into the 2021 draft with a great skill set and he ticked all the boxes from a physical standpoint. And he had a game at Kentucky where he kept DeVonta Smith off the stat sheet.

But the Cowboys ignored some serious red flags. He had to leave LSU and didn't play all that many games total in college. And his immaturity carried over to the NFL.

Dallas was playing corners signed off the street last season over Joseph, a SECOND round pick. That speaks volumes. Trying him at safety is the same thing as trying Josh Ball at guard. It's an admittance that the pick was a total miss and they are trying him at another spot before cutting their losses altogether.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Joseph came into the 2021 draft with a great skill set and he ticked all the boxes from a physical standpoint. And he had a game at Kentucky where he kept DeVonta Smith off the stat sheet.

But the Cowboys ignored some serious red flags. He had to leave LSU and didn't play all that many games total in college. And his immaturity carried over to the NFL.

Dallas was playing corners signed off the street last season over Joseph, a SECOND round pick. That speaks volumes. Trying him at safety is the same thing as trying Josh Ball at guard. It's an admittance that the pick was a total miss and they are trying him at another spot before cutting their losses altogether.
He did not have to leave LSU. They wanted him to play safety and he chose to enter the transfer portal so he could play corner at Kentucky. Not one media member saw him play safety. They saw him do drills with the safeties and play 2nd team slot.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Wrong

AGAIN...you need to read more carefully. I didn't say he wasn't fit to be a safety because of his size. I said he wasn't "built to be a safety" as in it wasn't the ideal size. Take a step back and process it if it helps. There is a clear difference between what I said and how you are trying to twist it to get all high and mighty
literally thats double talk its the same thing go away. You know you are wrong and want to argue and I Listed proof he is in the same size range as many very good to great safety's. NEXT!!

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
He did not have to leave LSU. They wanted him to play safety and he chose to enter the transfer portal so he could play corner at Kentucky.
Thanks for the info, but now it seems like it's coming full circle for him again. Looks like it will be safety or bust for him now.

Jarntt

Reaction score
LSU wanted him to play safety. But nobody saw him play safety at OTA's. He was doing drills with the safeties and he played 2nd team slot on 7 on 7.
Think of it this way. We have more of a need at CB than Safety. That is telling IMO. My GUESS (and it's just a guess before people start overreacting or stating I'm making a concrete prediction) is we are hoping he can grab the last game day roster spot because of his special teams so we are trying to get some position flex out of him to be the emergency replacement on game day at both CB and Safety

Jarntt

Reaction score
literally thats double talk its the same thing go away. You know you are wrong and want to argue and I Listed proof he is in the same size range as many very good to great safety's. NEXT!!
It is absolutely not. You really have poor reading comprehension. Ask a teacher or a smarter friend to help you

blueblood70

Reaction score
It is absolutely not. You really have poor reading comprehension. Ask a teacher or a smarter friend to help you
YOU>>>>>He is? At 5'11"?

with your fragmented incomplete sentence and you tell me i need better reading comprehension??:muttley::lmao2: that's laughable, i read exactly what anybody would have you questioned his size at safety and i came with facts to prove you wrong.

(((Mic drop))) NEXT

Jarntt

Reaction score
YOU>>>>>He is? At 5'11"?

with your fragmented incomplete sentence and you tell me i need better reading comprehension??:muttley::lmao2: that's laughable, i read exactly what anybody would have you questioned his size at safety and i came with facts to prove you wrong.

(((Mic drop))) NEXT
Oh FFS. Seriously dude. You really need assistance with your reading comprehension.

The quote: "He is built for FS"
My response: "He is? At 5'11"?"
Your comment: "you literally listed his size as if it wasn't fit to be safety"

What I said doesn't at all say he isn't fit to be a safety. It says he isn't built to be a safety as in doesn't have the ideal size. Have you ever heard the term "built to be something?". Perhaps that is the issue. I can't explain it to you any clearer. If you don't understand it, I just have to give up as I usually do with most of your comments.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Makes sense to give this a shot. Guy is a great athlete but a dog chasing cars at outside CB.
Was better versus run than pass.
Could be a fit as a quick nickel that splits time.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This is one pre season where competition is spread throughout the team, but quarterback
We have two layers of draft picks with viable options which is a good thing to have for once in a very long time.
Players like...
Sam Williams
Clark
Muk
Lewis return
Bland
Im not even entertaining this years haul, that is an entirely different post., this is just defense depth actually looking like starters.

We can look at offense as well, excluding the rooks.