News: Kentucky Staff Member Discusses Quinton Bohanna

817Gill

Reaction score
“Kentucky recruiting coordinator Vince Marrow believes if Bohanna had dropped weight earlier in his career he would have been a much higher draft pick.

“I was talking to NFL GMs (general managers) and scouts before the draft and a lot were asking me about Quinton,” Marrow said. “I really believe if he had gotten in shape earlier and looked the way he does now, he would have been a third round pick.

“For that size to have that athleticism, that’s rare with how twitchy he is. The Cowboys really loved him. I wasn’t surprised they picked him.”

Good inside info, here’s the full article:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...inton-bohana-would-have-been-third-round-pick

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
“Kentucky recruiting coordinator Vince Marrow believes if Bohanna had dropped weight earlier in his career he would have been a much higher draft pick.

“I was talking to NFL GMs (general managers) and scouts before the draft and a lot were asking me about Quinton,” Marrow said. “I really believe if he had gotten in shape earlier and looked the way he does now, he would have been a third round pick.

“For that size to have that athleticism, that’s rare with how twitchy he is. The Cowboys really loved him. I wasn’t surprised they picked him.”

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...inton-bohana-would-have-been-third-round-pick
Iirc he got below 330 for the predraft process. I think being able to maintain a weight between 325 to 335 is going to be critical to his career. Even purely as run defenders, those immovable Fatty Mc'Biggums arent as valuable as people think. Could even say they can detrimental to run D, considering how offenses scheme the run game these days

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I would like him to lose about 15-20 more pounds to become an even better player. All that weight just isn’t healthy on the body.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Dont listen to anyone Big Bo,, get in that drive through, if you never had a Whataburger before welcome to Texas Big Bo.
You fill that 1 tech role with the small sample of nasty attitude that we already had the pleasure of witnessing and you will instantly be handed endorsements coming from everywhere in Big D.
I want to see Big Bos' face pasted on every drive through window.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Thanks for posting
Hopefully he makes an impact
Our DT need serious upgrading

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I mean, what weight did he actually lose? What does he look like now?

Feel like there are some gaps lol

Creeper

Reaction score
“I really believe if he had gotten in shape earlier...". Am I the only one wondering if he is unmotivated or lazy?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
“I really believe if he had gotten in shape earlier...". Am I the only one wondering if he is unmotivated or lazy?
Haven’t heard that about him. Some guys just cant shed weight like that....

That being said someone recently posted him I have a hard time believing he’s 330 pounds unless he just wears his weight well. Or he shed the pounds.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm really hoping he can push a bottom feeder DL off the 53 this year.

Some new blood that feels like he has to prove himself is exactly what the Cowboys need.

After he was drafted I didn't think he would make the team but then they immediately started cutting guys who would be his competition.

I think he easily makes the team and plays a lot.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He did get hurt, so that could be a deal.

I just don't think that the idea is the fact that he was too fat kept him from the third. Seems like a real stretch.

conner01

Reaction score
Let's hope that big man plays with a chip on his shoulder. A motivated bull is hard to stop.
Hang a “your fat” sign on his locker lol
A full year in a nfl conditioning program can really help someone who has the motivation and work ethic
This kid has potential to be a very good player and he should look at it from a financial perspective
The more motivated he is the more money he’s gonna make