Kerby Joseph: Gameplan was really just take CD away; Wasn't worried about anyone else

gtb1943

Reaction score
Honestly if we could get a very good RB who was an threat out of the backfield and a flyer for WR2 all the weapons would be there

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Of course it's true.

Even had the Cowboys scored 2 or 3 TD's they get drilled. No running game means there would have been 40-45 pass attempts. We know how those games turn out. BTW Tolbert is a legit WR.
He’s Gallup 2.0. He can make contested catches. He’s never going to run away from defenders or get wide open due to great route running

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Of course it's true.

Even had the Cowboys scored 2 or 3 TD's they get drilled. No running game means there would have been 40-45 pass attempts. We know how those games turn out. BTW Tolbert is a legit WR.
Lol. Tolbert is nowhere near a legit WR. Through 6 games, Tolbert only has 24 receptions for 290 yards. That comes out to 48 receiving yards / game. That's not a legit WR threat to help take heat off of CeeDee.

As for passing 40-45 times, it usually contributes to a high scoring game, so that destroys the "will still get blown out" mantra.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Once again, this is why I have stated the past 2 seasons how this offense needs another legit WR threat to help this offense better function and take heat off of CeeDee. Jerry and this coaching staff have made it hard for this Cowboys team to beat good teams, including in the playoffs.
It's exactly why I never wanted to get rid of Amari Cooper. If we had him and a running back, I think this offense is top 5-10, despite the issues up front.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
One of the issues I've seen is Ferguson is being forced to chip on DEs before going out on his routes which is throwing off some of the timing and spacing plus taking him out of the passing game as it is taking longer for him to get downfield.

Last year he was a big part of the passing game especially on third down but he is not as much of a threat when he is chipping DEs.

Mr_437

Reaction score
We already knew this, it's obvious. Cowboys have no gamebreakers. We are looking for Turpin to get more touches, just think about that, that's how bad it is. I want Luepke to get more touches, that's how bad it is. Flournoy? anybody make play, be a spark, to help this lifeless offense.

That's how bad it is.

Aven8

Reaction score
Well duh……anyone with a set of eyes knows this.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
More confirmation that no team respects any offensive weapon we have outside of CD. Everyone in the world can see these glaring problems but our own GM. :facepalm: :facepalm:
100%.......it's not hard. Hell, it's a 101 defensive plan, take out the best player and win most games. Oh, and add we have zero running game but we have a 1000 threads blaming Dak and MM. This is the FO doing.....have given them nothing to work with.

Creeper

Reaction score
Does this surprise anyone? When you look at Dallas's skill positions they have CeeDee. Ferguson is good, but not a game changer. Detroit controlled him with a LB. I have no idea why every defense does not play Dallas the way Detroit did.

The Cowboys need to find another weapon on offense. This is why I would give Flournoy a shot. The kid fumbled but he actually made a really good move coming back to the ball, then spun out of a tackled to get the first down before he had the ball knocked out. He made a mistake not switch the ball to his outside arm which is why it got punched out. Otherwise it would have been a pretty good play. She showed he runs good routes and can get open in preseason. He faced first string CBs against Las Vegas and did a pretty good job. At this point what would it hurt to give him a shot and see what he has. Brooks certainly hasn't lit up anything with his chances.

At the same time, Dallas has to recognize when teams are determined to cover CeeDee and start going to other receivers. I don't know if that is on Dak or the coaches but forcing the ball to Lamb always gets them in trouble eventually.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Of course it's true.

The Lions defense: "We don't respect Tolbert."
Big Dog: "Tolbert is legit."

The point isn't whether or not Dallas would have kept pace with DET. The point is that the offense has a very low ceiling and low floor because there is a complete lack of WR talent. Tolbert can't get open and gives nothing after the catch. He's an ok #4.