Twitter: Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen to call Cowboys-Falcons game

Motorola

Reaction score
Ugh another 1 PM game?

barf
Only the 3rd one so far 9 games into the season; but Dallas has 4 more in the last 5 games.
Because of the Cowboys' popularity plus equal dislike\hate among NFL fandom - they garner more primetime telecasts than 3/4s of the other league franchises.
Go back and review the last five seasons of Dallas' gametime starts - and whether they were nationally aired. You will see it is nearly always half (or more) of their 16-game schedules were in primetime.
Look at their 2021 slate....7 game starts @ 1pm eastern time \ noon central.
The other 10 games are primetime national telecasts.

Motorola

Reaction score
Greg Olsen is a lot better than I thought too.
Just researched on Wiki that as his playing career was winding down, Olsen was doing color commentary on game telecasts during his teams' bye weeks (don't know how many seasons).
Doing an internship - preparing for his next opportunity after hanging up the uniform for the last time.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Just as long as we don't ever have that stupid stripe on the helmet ever again, I don't care who calls the game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes we will. They will win the division and have between 11 and 15 wins.

I’ll guarantee we don’t win 15 games. We would have to win out to do that. Ain’t happening! If we lose on Sunday to Atlanta 11 wins might be a challenge.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Only the 3rd one so far 9 games into the season; but Dallas has 4 more in the last 5 games.
Because of the Cowboys' popularity plus equal dislike\hate among NFL fandom - they garner more primetime telecasts than 3/4s of the other league franchises.
Go back and review the last five seasons of Dallas' gametime starts - and whether they were nationally aired. You will see it is nearly always half (or more) of their 16-game schedules were in primetime.
Look at their 2021 slate....7 game starts @ 1pm eastern time \ noon central.
The other 10 games are primetime national telecasts.

Yes. You’re right. Usually they have more 4:30 pm game of the weeks it seems. But quite a few 1 pm games this year. By the end it’ll be more than usual for sure

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Some here are beyond superstitious they’re nut cases. There’s a few posters that need to be institutionalized.

How do you know they're not but have internet privileges? CowboysZone is a good site to test medication effectiveness.

Motorola

Reaction score
Yes. You’re right. Usually they have more 4:30 pm game of the weeks it seems. But quite a few 1 pm games this year. By the end it’ll be more than usual for sure
I can't recall which season it was; but among the last 5 years, the Cowboys had one where they had only 3 or 4 1PM eastern time \ 12 noon central time Sunday gameday starts.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I’m sure there’s plenty of fans who think they’re solely responsible for the Cowboys fate. If they forget and change their underwear they’ve been wearing for the past several weeks or don’t perform some wacky pregame ritual right before the opening kick off and the Cowboys lose, it was all their fault.
That’s silly. None of that matters as long as I eat pastrami on rye at least 15 minutes prior to kickoff while wearing my Aikman jersey… at least for noon games.