Twitter: Kevin Burkhardt and Greg Olsen to call Cowboys-Falcons game

cowboyec

Reaction score
they should just let the side-line reporters call the game.
burkhardt is awful.
olsen is ok.

RonWashington

Reaction score
His sidekick Burkhart is not too compelling to listen to , almost sounds like a Purdue vs Bowling Green level .

BermyStar

Reaction score
They were pretty bad last night. Griese was saying that the Bears should go for two after they scored a touchdown to tie the game at 26, and the Steelers had a penalty. You know, because being up by 2 won't prevent you from losing on a FG attempt.

Steve Levy also said that the final FG attempt by Cairo Santos hit the crossbar when it landed one yard into the end zone. Not exactly Emmy level announcing last night.
On Gawd...I muted the TV after he said they should go for two.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Levy is bad. In fact after Troy and Jack Bucks son it’s hard to think of any broadcast team really too good. Nantz & Romeo are terrible

Carson

Reaction score
Huh? they called the Carolina Game as well :huh:
It was a joke. I posted after that that they do a great job. I really like Greg.

It was more of a satirical post. As the NFL saw us get smoked and wants to see us get smoked again.

SSoup

Reaction score
Buck makes me contemplate not watching sports and Collinsworth is worse.
Collinsworth's kid is the most annoying one to me. He's two parts hacky "zoo crew" morning radio DJ voice, two parts Connecticut School of Broadcasting flunky, and one part "lemme scroll social media to get a feel for what kinds of bits go viral with the kids these days, and lemme see if I can manufacture something that goes viral." He's insufferable.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very good broadcast team and Olsen brings something to the table other than just repeating what the other announcer says. I get really tired of Aikman's "that's right Joe...." and then he adds very little substance, just a lot more talking.

My surprise of this season is Drew Brees on SNF, talk about a natural and settled into that spot is a very short time. He makes up for Chris Sims, who I think is as useless as a thong on a warthog. Every time they put Sims on camera with that goofy haircut and that weird look in his eyes, I think of Hitler Youth.

What I found really interesting about Olsen in last week's game, he was just like most of us waiting for the Cowboys to wake up and he threw in the towel about the same time I did. He was shocked that a team that had looked that good on offense could look so bad.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
they’re my favorite. get this thing over with and let me celebrate or pout accordingly lol
Same here, I don't like the SNF games. Besides that I cut my teeth on the early games.

And with the time change, we still have time to go outside and play with an early game.

shabazz

Reaction score
Good chance Olsen pulls a Chris Collingsworth and says Dakota bought he mamma a new house last summer.......it could help him in the eyes of Big Corporate media.

You go, boy