Keys to Beating Tampa

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think Kamara is a true offseason of nutrition and weight training away from being able to contribute other than on special teams. He's just too light in the shorts and too raw to be rushing against guys who are gonna have 80-100 pounds on him at this point. This aint preseason going up against future grocery clerks and UPS drivers.. These are actual NFL linemen he will be seeing from here on out.

Oh, I agree. I think he might be better in a LB position though this season if we are to try to use him in a regular season game. Using him in a DE role will just get him hurt. But, maybe we can use him in more of a 3rd down pass rushing situation LB out of the Nickle?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Oh, I agree. I think he might be better in a LB position though this season if we are to try to use him in a regular season game. Using him in a DE role will just get him hurt. But, maybe we can use him in more of a 3rd down pass rushing situation LB out of the Nickle?

I could see them stacking him outside Tank or Gregory and unleashing that up the field speed on teams.. Maybe even this team.. Him and Gregory on one side, Tank and Parsons on the other.. goodness gracious even Brady might lose a couple drops of pee down his leg seeing that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I could see them stacking him outside Tank or Gregory and unleashing that up the field speed on teams.. Maybe even this team.. Him and Gregory on one side, Tank and Parsons on the other.. goodness gracious even Brady might lose a couple drops of pee down his leg seeing that.

Well exactly, and we can play the mental game with him too in terms of making him wonder where the pressure is coming from, or that he's going to get absolutely crushed from up the middle, which he hates.

plasticman

Reaction score
Brady eats rookies for lunch. Don't expect Parsons or Wright or any other first year player to provide a measurable difference, not this game. They are the future and the present is composed of the underachievers with the huge contracts.

This game belongs to the Cowboy players that get the big money. This game is the way in which they are supposed to prove they deserved it.

If T-Law is ever to return to the productivity he had in 2017 and 2018, the time is now. He has got to lead the defensive line by example and create sacks, pressures, and just plain chaos. He has got to make Brady feel like he is 44.

LVE must prove he is still the Wolf Hunter. He has to show Jerry Jones in THIS game that he made a colossal blunder by not picking up his 5th year option. Jaylon has to feel that chip on his shoulder, he has to make this personal. If there is anything left at all, he has to bring it and spend every last drop of it.

The two Cowboy offensive tackles must dominate and push the EDGE defenders back on their heals. They have to lead the running game and provide holes for Zeke.

Zeke has to have his signature game. He has to have the kind of game that puts the NFL on notice. He needs to get to the first down marker consistently. He must be highly successful on 1st down, giving Dak short yardage situations on 2nd down. He has to wear down the Buc defense late in the 3rd quarter.

Cooper must use his finesse to get open and get those very critical 1st downs. He, along with the other receivers, must open up the defense and force the safeties back in order to give more room to the running game.

Dak Prescott has to end any notion of being effected by his injuries. He has got to be the tenacious double threat he has been in the past despite any perceived risk. He doesn't have to be Rodgers or Mahomes. He just has to be the best version of himself. Above all, make good decisions and do not turn the ball over.

Finally, the coaches, especially McCarthy, must demonstrate that last season was fluke. They must prove that it was a lack of a preseason that contributed to the poor results. They must be a game day presence, their gameplan and game time decisions must be a difference maker.

This is what it will take for the Cowboys to defeat the Bucs. It is possible if the Cowboys best and most highly paid players do their jobs. The benefit of winning this game cannot be overstated. The increase in morale, confidence and trust in each other and coaches could propel the Cowboys into one of the best seasons of their great history.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Brady eats rookies for lunch. Don't expect Parsons or Wright or any other first year player to provide a measurable difference, not this game. They are the future and the present is composed of the underachievers with the huge contracts.

This game belongs to the Cowboy players that get the big money. This game is the way in which they are supposed to prove they deserved it.

If T-Law is ever to return to the productivity he had in 2017 and 2018, the time is now. He has got to lead the defensive line by example and create sacks, pressures, and just plain chaos. He has got to make Brady feel like he is 44.

LVE must prove he is still the Wolf Hunter. He has to show Jerry Jones in THIS game that he made a colossal blunder by not picking up his 5th year option. Jaylon has to feel that chip on his shoulder, he has to make this personal. If there is anything left at all, he has to bring it and spend every last drop of it.

The two Cowboy offensive tackles must dominate and push the EDGE defenders back on their heals. They have to lead the running game and provide holes for Zeke.

Zeke has to have his signature game. He has to have the kind of game that puts the NFL on notice. He needs to get to the first down marker consistently. He must be highly successful on 1st down, giving Dak short yardage situations on 2nd down. He has to wear down the Buc defense late in the 3rd quarter.

Cooper must use his finesse to get open and get those very critical 1st downs. He, along with the other receivers, must open up the defense and force the safeties back in order to give more room to the running game.

Dak Prescott has to end any notion of being effected by his injuries. He has got to be the tenacious double threat he has been in the past despite any perceived risk. He doesn't have to be Rodgers or Mahomes. He just has to be the best version of himself. Above all, make good decisions and do not turn the ball over.

Finally, the coaches, especially McCarthy, must demonstrate that last season was fluke. They must prove that it was a lack of a preseason that contributed to the poor results. They must be a game day presence, their gameplan and game time decisions must be a difference maker.

This is what it will take for the Cowboys to defeat the Bucs. It is possible if the Cowboys best and most highly paid players do their jobs. The benefit of winning this game cannot be overstated. The increase in morale, confidence and trust in each other and coaches could propel the Cowboys into one of the best seasons of their great history.

While I cannot disagree with most of what you said.. I do struggle with the benefit of winning this one.. Here's why.. Recent history has shown us that this team simply does not handle success well. Any time people start blowing smoke up their you know what they spit the bit. It has happened every single time over the past 12-15 years.. They have been at their best when disregarded and counted out. When playing with that boulder on their shoulder. As soon as the pundits start telling them how great they are they go lose to the damn Jets.. So a big part of me wants this team to lose this game.. Maybe don't get blown out.. maybe show some mettle.. maybe take it to the wire.. then have to hear it from all the national and local media for the next 10 days leading up to the Charger game.. I know it's blasphemous but I would not mind losing this game at all..

plasticman

Reaction score
While I cannot disagree with most of what you said.. I do struggle with the benefit of winning this one.. Here's why.. Recent history has shown us that this team simply does not handle success well. Any time people start blowing smoke up their you know what they spit the bit. It has happened every single time over the past 12-15 years.. They have been at their best when disregarded and counted out. When playing with that boulder on their shoulder. As soon as the pundits start telling them how great they are they go lose to the damn Jets.. So a big part of me wants this team to lose this game.. Maybe don't get blown out.. maybe show some mettle.. maybe take it to the wire.. then have to hear it from all the national and local media for the next 10 days leading up to the Charger game.. I know it's blasphemous but I would not mind losing this game at all..
A real championship team never regards losing as some type of positive event. The psycho-analysis of this team has to stop and winning under any circumstance must prevail.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

in other words it will take a perfect game from us to have a chance to win. and they have to make some mistakes....I think you are right...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
One big key is guys keeping composer and not trying to do more than what their assignments call for. Everyone wants to make plays but you have to do so in the confines of the offense or defense. Busted assignments, mis-communication, over running plays only leads to big plays for the opposing team. Know you job, know your assignments and execute.

GMO415

Reaction score
Dak is not ready for game speed. He's practiced against the worst Def in the league and now he's ready?

Stand by.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
A real championship team never regards losing as some type of positive event. The psycho-analysis of this team has to stop and winning under any circumstance must prevail.

I don't play for the team so I get to psycho-analyze all I want.. I didn't say I wanted the TEAM to see the game through the same lens I do.. I want them to go in there and open a can on Brady and Co. I just have seen them win a game like this and start smellin themselves too soon and fall flat in the end. So until they show me otherwise, that is how I am going to feel about it.

plasticman

Reaction score
I don't play for the team so I get to psycho-analyze all I want.. I didn't say I wanted the TEAM to see the game through the same lens I do.. I want them to go in there and open a can on Brady and Co. I just have seen them win a game like this and start smellin themselves too soon and fall flat in the end. So until they show me otherwise, that is how I am going to feel about it.
I wasn't referring to you and I apologize if it seems like I did. All year long, leading up to, and including Hard Knocks, all we've heard is every detail of how the players are thinking and dealing with various issues. Thankfully, that all stops tonight. It's time to put up and I am grateful that, after tonight, we can all discuss something solid, something they did, not something they thought, are preparing for, hope they can do, etc.

plasticman

Reaction score
in other words it will take a perfect game from us to have a chance to win. and they have to make some mistakes....I think you are right...
Well, actually, I'm saying that the 9 or 10 players that form the core of this team and are paid well must earn that money tonight. I don't expect the rookies or fringe players to direct the course of the game but guys like Dak, Cooper, Tyron, LVE, T-Law, Zeke, etc. must play at a Pro Bowl level to have a chance.

I'm not naïve. They are playing the defending champions in their stadium, led by the most successful quarterback in football history backed by a top ten defense that was ranked #1 in every rushing category including yards per attempt and TD's.

zerofill

Reaction score
If Dlaw, Parsons, Gregory, Armstrong, can not create any pressure we know we haven't changed on defense. So cross fingers lol.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I wasn't referring to you and I apologize if it seems like I did. All year long, leading up to, and including Hard Knocks, all we've heard is every detail of how the players are thinking and dealing with various issues. Thankfully, that all stops tonight. It's time to put up and I am grateful that, after tonight, we can all discuss something solid, something they did, not something they thought, are preparing for, hope they can do, etc.

No worries .. I hear what you're saying .. we finally get some actual concrete football to talk about.. Win or lose that's going to beat the hell out of these offseason sessions we've been having so we are of one accord there. I want them to win.. no doubt about that.. Let's Go Cowboys!!!

FVSTONE

Reaction score
A sure way to beat Tampa is to have Jaylen Smith suit up for Tampa Bay's defense.