Keyshawn Johnson. "The Cowboys will start 2-4 before the bye but it won't be his fault"

fivetwos

Reaction score
If this team can somehow keep its head above water early on…..six of the final nine are at home.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
It’s not an outlandish statement. I could clearly see the Cowboys going 2-4 to start with good QB play.

Too young on the line to handle the Browns week 1, we’re losing to the Ravens, the Lions have had enough of our crap & they’re legit, and the Steelers game could go either way.

I would have to see the vid. where Keyshawn said this to even offer a guess to if he’s thinking like I am or if he’s issuing Dak free passes.

At least he didn’t feel the need to remind us that we’re losing coming out of that bye.

Adreme

Reaction score
How does he know it wont be Dak fault?? Can he see into the future? He is already giving Dak a pass and season hasnt even started yet. When has any NFL QB in the history of the league started every game for the first 6 weeks and played no part in the team losing 4 games? Keyshawn has confirmed he is too stupid for TV
I mean he is predicting losses to the Browns, Ravens, Lions, and (I assume) Steelers and saying that those teams play a style of football that the Cowboys defense has been awful against. I think of those games the only one I look as a "ya you are for sure losing this" is the Ravens who will have extra rest, are already a loaded team, and play a style of football the Cowboys are awful against, which is a style NFC teams in general struggle with given how the Ravens do against the NFC the past few years. I believe they are 20-3 when they have Lamar starting (as opposed to a backup QB).

Meanwhile neither Browns nor Steelers have a QB but again both will pound the rock and the Cowboys are awful against that. I think 2-4 is the worst case scenario and think 3-3 or even 4-2 is more likely but they could easily start 2-4 and have the offense look fine but the defense just getting gashed against the run.

leeblair

Reaction score
How does he know it wont be Dak fault?? Can he see into the future? He is already giving Dak a pass and season hasnt even started yet. When has any NFL QB in the history of the league started every game for the first 6 weeks and played no part in the team losing 4 games? Keyshawn has confirmed he is too stupid for TV
More pro-Dak propaganda.
They are circling the wagons and trying to head off the swarm of analysts and NFL evaluation experts who are already on the ropes with Dak and who will certainly call him out if he doesn't prove his worth.
But the first four games of the season can go either way now that they use them as preseason games, so I don't think they should be nervous yet.
However, should he play really bad and the Cowboys struggle, the axe will likely be coming for Dak's spot after the first six games.
And Dak's supporters know this.

CWR

Reaction score
You're more upset it won't be Daks fault or we'll be 2-4? Lol cmon man none of these talking heads matter. Them and weathermen are always lying to me.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
towered by the also always going to bring you down offense!! (yes I realize you mentioned team!!)
There’s been offensive issues, but It’s towered by the defensive issues. That’s been the number one issue.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No. he is stating GM Jethro's incompetence to build a complimentary football team.
I agree with this ...... I do not blame Dak ...... I think he could win a Superbowl on a team that is built correctly ...... but that will never happen here.

We need to find a once in a generation talent to win under Jerry ...... so we need to start looking.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
There’s been offensive issues, but It’s towered by the defensive issues. That’s been the number one issue.
If the defense is that bad how did they manage to win 12 games last season?

Also, according to this list the defense was top 5, so which is it?

https://www.foxsports.com/articles/nfl/2023-nfl-defense-rankings-team-pass-and-rush-stats

Sure, the defense sucked against GB, but so did the offense. Overall, the defense wasn't as bad as some people here want to say it was.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ok, fine. Then the Dak detractors should never be attacked for sharing their opinions.
I don’t care what happens to the detractors they are irrelevant. Keyshawn is far more qualified in his opinion then the detractors who peaked at Polk High.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If the defense is that bad how did they manage to win 12 games last season?

Also, according to this list the defense was top 5, so which is it?

https://www.foxsports.com/articles/nfl/2023-nfl-defense-rankings-team-pass-and-rush-stats

Sure, the defense sucked against GB, but so did the offense. Overall, the defense wasn't as bad as some people here want to say it was.
You obviously haven’t been keeping track on what’s been going wrong with this team. Wake up! Our defensive ranking during the regular season was top five, but it was probably bottom five against the good teams. Our defense STUNK against San Francisco and Buffalo. It also STUNK against a bad AZ team. Our defense didn’t perform well against any of the contending teams, except for Philly in the second game when they were in the middle of a collapse. Have you not noticed our defense falls apart in the playoffs?

Have you not noticed our pass rush disappears in the playoffs? Did we look like a top five defense in the playoffs against Green Bay? In our last two home playoff games we’ve recorded ZERO sacks on the QB. During the regular season, we force a bunch of turnovers, but can’t get any in the playoffs. It’s almost like we brought back Mike Nolan for the playoffs and suited up our 2020 defense against the Packers. We saved our poorest defensive performance for the playoffs last season. Do you disagree our defense was crap against Green Bay?

Loso86

Reaction score
Umm, pretty obvious. Most of our in srason losses come from either getting blown out or stupid mistakes by Coaching or etc

Chasing6

Reaction score
You obviously haven’t been keeping track on what’s been going wrong with this team. Wake up! Our defensive ranking during the regular season was top five, but it was probably bottom five against the good teams. Our defense STUNK against San Francisco and Buffalo. It also STUNK against a bad AZ team. Our defense didn’t perform well against any of the contending teams, except for Philly in the second game when they were in the middle of a collapse. Have you not noticed our defense falls apart in the playoffs?

Have you not noticed our pass rush disappears in the playoffs? Did we look like a top five defense in the playoffs against Green Bay? In our last two home playoff games we’ve recorded ZERO sacks on the QB. During the regular season, we force a bunch of turnovers, but can’t get any in the playoffs. It’s almost like we brought back Mike Nolan for the playoffs and suited up our 2020 defense against the Packers. We saved our poorest defensive performance for the playoffs last season.
A good run game helps the defense tremendously. It also takes pressure off of the QB. We don't have that.

Our offense is 1 dimensional and our defense is 1 dimensional. Not difficult to beat with good balanced teams.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A good run game helps the defense tremendously. It also takes pressure off of the QB. We don't have that.
That’s been one of the issues in the playoffs. Games are being put on the shoulders of our QB. We’ve also had issues with past protection. That can happen when you have no running game.