Kicking options?

malbis030347

Reaction score
who is out there besides Mason Crosby and Rick Folk?....is it assumed Maher is definitely out of the picture?
Walk on/UDFA agent tryouts?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys don't really give fair tryouts to walk on kickers, they are gonna go with a proven vet, and Maher is still a head case. If missing all those XP kicks in one game isn't enough i don't what will. Mason Crosby is 38 but for a K, who cares as long as he can kick and make his XP.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
who is out there besides Mason Crosby and Rick Folk?....is it assumed Maher is definitely out of the picture?
Jerry indicated that Maher is not out of the picture, although I think it was more of him not ruling him out instead of ruling him in.

Majic

Reaction score
I would be monitoring how Nick Folk gets on at Patriots training camp. He will more than likely get cut as they drafted a kicker in 4th round. If he can push the rookie kicker and shows that he still has it, I would be very interested. He will be 39 in November. He has made his last 30 kicks under 40 yards

csirl

Reaction score
Im sure that there are a few rookie FAs who can kick well. Only 2 kickers drafted, so 3rd, 4th or 5th best should be NFL standard.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
With this Mazi led defense, we probably only need 3 points to win most games 3-0. I’m sure Maher or some other off the street kicker can go 1-4 on field goals each game and lead us to victory.

Jipper

Reaction score
Hate to tel you guys but Maher was very good last season - take away the extra point issue in the TB game due to the rule change on marking the field and he’s very good-

90.6% field goals percent 12th in league

94.3% XP % 26th in league but it’s misleading:..he only missed 3 xp in the regular season …that’s literally the equivalent of a single missed fg over the year, not a big deal...one less miss moves him way up the list

Long of 60 3rd in league

Points 137 3rd in league

Honestly outside of 3 xp misses in regular season and the obvious issue he had against TB due to the rule change there is not much more you can ask from a kicker. He should have some competition but if he’s fixed the issue from the field marking change he will be the kicker next year

Last edited:

Toro9

Reaction score
No clue other than Maher. I can't imagine they won't at least sign a leg for TC. Do we have any kickers on the roster anywhere??

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm going for a tryout.

I kicked a 40 yarder back in 1978 in my one and only attempt...

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind is that Anger is not a kickoff guy. The cowboys need a kicker who can cover kickoff duties as well. This may rule out some guys like crosby

glimmerman

Reaction score
Maher will be the guy going in. But wasn’t he that started missing everything at the end of season. If he straightens out he may get the nod. Lol. We have another that was our guy. I want someone new. We hit on a kicker and they are usually good for a while.