King thinks T.O. will be traded...

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Intresting, i think if TO doesnt come to TC and doesnt play in that first game, he will be traded because the Eagles can get something for him while he can still play, if he sits out a year, then who's to say what footblal shape he's in plus he's a year older, if he doesnt back donw then i do see a trade.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Oh boy if you thought he whined after getting traded to Balt just wait until he gets traded to a team like say Cincy or Az.

btcutter

Reaction score
What exactly does the Eagles expect in return when you got him for essentially a 5th rounder and some scrub who's no longer playing?!

My guess is that TO will play for Eagles next yr without a new contract. After a few TD's, no one remembers a thing. However, after they fail to win the SB, TO will lash out again and be cut next yr.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
bt eagles signed TO whenhe was a FA, then got him by signing him, they didnt give up anything for him.

btcutter

Reaction score
I thought SF traded him to Baltimore for a 2nd but because he refuse to go there SF send TO to the Giggles for a 5th + B. White or some scrub. He didn't become a FA because his agent messed up.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
btcutter said:
What exactly does the Eagles expect in return when you got him for essentially a 5th rounder and some scrub who's no longer playing?!

My guess is that TO will play for Eagles next yr without a new contract. After a few TD's, no one remembers a thing. However, after they fail to win the SB, TO will lash out again and be cut next yr.

Those were my initial thoughts as well but......TO has a huge ego and that may get him in trouble here. Time will tell. A lot of these guys come up with convenient ways to miss traing camp hell, that is also a possibility.

If I had to guess, I'd say he plays in Philly under his current contract. No matter how you slice this one, it's not good, long-term, for the Eagles.

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
bt eagles signed TO whenhe was a FA, then got him by signing him, they didnt give up anything for him.
No, they traded Brandon Whiting and a conditional draft pick for him. It was a unique situation.

Duce Staley held out until the last preseason game in 2003. He didn't get traded, but he did lose his starting job. I don't think TO will get traded as long as he shows up before the regualar season starts. Would he lose his starting spot? I doubt it, but it would be pretty ballsy of the Eagles to do that. I wouldn't mind seeing it.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
ahhmymistake i heard somewhere, he filed these papers to get out of going to Balt, and signed with the eagles as a FA,my mistake

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
No way he sits for long at all....in fact, I think he'll be there in Week 1 and here's why....

The Eagles will probably start off on fire going something like 5-0. TO and the fans will be like "Who needs him anyway." TO can't afford that scenario from playing out. TO knows the Eagles made it through the playoffs to the Superbowl without him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Qwickdraw said:
King thinks T.O. will be traded...
So what? I don't care if it's Peter King or Larry King. Nothing personal Quickdraw it's just that whatever any of those mediots think he gonna happen doesn't really matter. Just like I keep thinking I'm gonna win the lottery some day.
:laugh2:

blindzebra

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
No way he sits for long at all....in fact, I think he'll be there in Week 1 and here's why....

The Eagles will probably start off on fire going something like 5-0. TO and the fans will be like "Who needs him anyway." TO can't afford that scenario from playing out. TO knows the Eagles made it through the playoffs to the Superbowl without him.

I agree, but for a different reason.

Week one MNF vs Vick and ATL.

Week two SF.

Week three vs Moss and OAK.

Week four KC.

Week five Dallas.

That is five games with revenge...SF and Dallas...or big match ups with premiere players.

Daniel Synder

Benched
Reaction score
Will TO ever just play football and ****!?

I so sick of his schtick! Watch him get traded to the Skins now..first Deon, the TO...I'll boycott.

I like McNabb, If TO can't get along on the Eagles then there is just no hope for peace for him in this league.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Oh boy if you thought he whined after getting traded to Balt just wait until he gets traded to a team like say Cincy or Az.

I hope he gets traded to Cincy. So him and Chad Johnson can go whine together.:laugh2:

DallasKnight

Reaction score
I hope he holds out and doesn't get to play this year. And next year, noone wants him. I hope he never gets to play again. I hate the boy.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Intresting, i think if TO doesnt come to TC and doesnt play in that first game, he will be traded because the Eagles can get something for him while he can still play, if he sits out a year, then who's to say what footblal shape he's in plus he's a year older, if he doesnt back donw then i do see a trade.

The problem is what team other than Us the Jags and Vikes have the cap room to sign him? and I'd prob leave the Vikes out of that after dealing with RM and I don't think BP will even consider him. So IMO that really narrows the teams that can afford to sign him. Maybe SD but after Boston who knows there as well.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
hmm I could see the Eagles potentially losing 4 of those 5 games, especially without TO.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
If there really is a trade like this, which I doubt, then Arizona would be a perfect move. I thought AZ and Anquan Boldin were disagreeing over a contract. They could move him for TO and give up a pick to boot.

stag hunter

Hater
Reaction score
I don't see him going to a team like arizona for a couple of reasons. Arizona already has a very good #1 in either boldin or fitzgerald.. and even if they are having trouble with boldin, why would they give up a talented young receiver with (possible) problems for an old, nearly past his prime receiver that brings a boatload of baggage? Arizona is many more pieces of the puzzle away from contending, and WR is not a position they have a great need in. If TO gets moved, he will go to a team that is one piece short of the super bowl or playoff equation.. sort of like philly was last year.

Bcburns

Reaction score
stag hunter said:
I don't see him going to a team like arizona for a couple of reasons. Arizona already has a very good #1 in either boldin or fitzgerald.. and even if they are having trouble with boldin, why would they give up a talented young receiver with (possible) problems for an old, nearly past his prime receiver that brings a boatload of baggage? Arizona is many more pieces of the puzzle away from contending, and WR is not a position they have a great need in. If TO gets moved, he will go to a team that is one piece short of the super bowl or playoff equation.. sort of like philly was last year.

I see him going to another bird team if he gets traded:
Falcons
Ravens (lol)
Seahawks

That way he can keep his celebration dance routine.