Kingsbury to OU?

coogrfan

Reaction score
various:
Urban Meyer is in Jacksonville because they paid him 10M a year GTD and he got to return to Florida.
When he goes back to college it will be for 10M or more annually.

Venables was a good OU hire but pretty far from a slam dunk. OU relied on Cali and Texas pipelines.
He's recruited a lot of superb players but only 1 of his top 15 are from Texas and Cali combined.

Kliff has his hand-picked QB that he tried to recruit in college. And Arizona will likely extend him with big money.

Add to that the fact that KK no longer has to kiss the feet of entitled 18 year olds, parents and boosters.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Add to that the fact that KK no longer has to kiss the feet of entitled 18 year olds, parents and boosters.
KK never bothered with any recruiting beyond QBs.
He was the first guy to offer Kyler as well as current Heisman Bryce Young. He offered Young in 8th grade.

But he spent zero energy recruiting the rest of the roster

He's a Leach disciple and thought recruiting non QBs beneath him.

He was OK with hand shaking and being a pretty boy to be admired but he porobablty has an easier jo
Their current QB was a 5 star and rated by some publications as the top guy. But he's not living up to it.
Then in 2021, with him having looked good backing up Lawrence, its understandable that 5 star didn't want to go there in 2021.

Anyway, I just looked up the UPDATED Rivals Class of 2022 top QBs and Clemson is getting the very top one on their list.
They now rank, Cade Klubnik as a 5 star (and the 6th best player at any position). He is in the final 3 for National POY.
So my mistake. (the last I looked was a while ago and he was 4-star)
Pro-style QB out of Austin Westlake.
I guess the Westlake pipeline keeps rolling
Klubnik is awesome but he is very thin. And yes Westlake is aiming for like their 3rd straight title next weekend.