Kiper getting owned... LOL

VThokie7

Reaction score
Hiero said:
Dallas is gonna draft jason allen in thefirst my ***. what aloser, this guy is the most unreliable source on the web.

Well considering Allen was easily a first round pick before his injury this year and now that hes proved hes healthy with his combine I don't see how that is a out there pick. Allen has been moving up the boards as he should. You act like there is no way Dallas will take a FS in the first. The one thing I think people are over looking is the salary for a mid-late 1st round pick isn't nearly as much as were paying Roy and Newman. Look at Ed Reed's rookie contract. If we end up with a FS i'll be glad we finally fixed our biggest liability in the secondary

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
doomsday81 said:
Kiper had Mirer ranked as the 63 best player in that draft. Listen, people hate Kiper because he dropped out of school, got lucky and got rich for doing something we all wish we could do. He does hit more than people give him credit for like when he said a WR named Jimmy Smith would be a future Pro Bowler. I love how people forget that one. Fans hate Kiper because they wish they had his job. Plain and simple.

Listen, the guy is rich and famous and helped build the draft into what it is today. I tip my hat to him. Anyone can post meaningless messages on a message board but not everyone can start up a business like Kiper did and become the face of the NFL Draft. Big difference there.

Great stuff.

You and Hos are spot on.

Woods

Reaction score
doomsday81 said:
Kiper had Mirer ranked as the 63 best player in that draft. Listen, people hate Kiper because he dropped out of school, got lucky and got rich for doing something we all wish we could do. He does hit more than people give him credit for like when he said a WR named Jimmy Smith would be a future Pro Bowler. I love how people forget that one. Fans hate Kiper because they wish they had his job. Plain and simple. What does Goose bring to the table? You should hear all the stupid questions he asked at the Combine. "You broke your index finger in high school, is that correct?" "You blocked a put once in your college career. Where did you line up?" I think Goose has more inside info than Kiper because he talks to teams but Kiper never claimed to have inside info. He just gives you his thougts on players. As far as measuring heart, who the hell can do that? Bill Parcells can measure heart? That's news to me. If you could measure heart than LenDale White is a sixth round pick. How about that? Listen, the guy is rich and famous and helped build the draft into what it is today. I tip my hat to him. Anyone can post meaningless messages on a message board but not everyone can start up a business like Kiper did and become the face of the NFL Draft. Big difference there.

Very well said.

Kiper started a business from virtually nothing, and now he's an INSTITUTION. It takes a lot of courage to take risk.

And yes, I WISH I could earn millions doing what Kiper does - as do many football buffs. Kiper's got a great job and probably even a better cash flow.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
I'm sorry, but Joel Buchbaum (sp) was the best. Kiper couldn't carry Joel's eraser. I miss Joel Reports.:(
Yeah, Cajun! Buschbaum rocked..so much so that Bill Belichick more than once tried to get Joel to sign as a scout.

As much as his incredibly detailed research and analysis, I appreciated his nerdy, attention-deficit style...reticent to the point of seclusion..it was always about the game, never about himself.

RIP, JB.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Its alot easier to put out one Mock draft the day before the draft than it is to be one fo the first.

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Yeah, Cajun! Buschbaum rocked..so much so that Bill Belichick more than once tried to get Joel to sign as a scout.

As much as his incredibly detailed research and analysis, I appreciated his nerdy, attention-deficit style...reticent to the point of seclusion..it was always about the game, never about himself.

RIP, JB.
Glad to see you back on the board, your insightful post have been sincerley missed.:)

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

RIP, JB.

Joel Buschbaum lives on in the memory AdamJT13. :p:

I say that as a sincere compliment. If there's anyone I could picture taking his own video collection and becoming one of the biggest draft gurus in publication, it's Adam.

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
theogt said:
Hilarious. I love those draft reaction clips. Thanks for posting.
It's really something where the fans know more than the GM isn't it?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Uh-Oh said:
It's really something where the fans know more than the GM isn't it?
I don't mean to sound flip about this, but there are times when I do feel some fans know more about certain subjects than the actual guys sitting in the GM chairs.

I think there are some fans on this site (and some others I read) who are extremely knowledgable. At times the GMs guess or analyze wrong, and these fans guess or analyze right.

That doesn't necessarily mean I think these fans would make good GMs. I'm not saying that at all. I think it folly to discard their opinions simply because they aren't GMs though.

Knowledge is valuable and there are knowledgable football fans on this site (and others). Maybe the value to me is just that they share their knowledge. Maybe it's that they can teach me something new and great about the game or the workings of it.

Uh-Oh

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I don't mean to sound flip about this, but there are times when I do feel some fans know more about certain subjects than the actual guys sitting in the GM chairs.

I think there are some fans on this site (and some others I read) who are extremely knowledgable. At times the GMs guess or analyze wrong, and these fans guess or analyze right.

That doesn't necessarily mean I think these fans would make good GMs. I'm not saying that at all. I think it folly to discard their opinions simply because they aren't GMs though.

Knowledge is valuable and there are knowledgable football fans on this site (and others). Maybe the value to me is just that they share their knowledge. Maybe it's that they can teach me something new and great about the game or the workings of it.
Not flippant at all. Well said in fact.

I think fans are also more forgiving of things like Wonderlic scores. How many teams passed on Dan Marino because of his 14? Yet someone who was thought to be too stupid to succeed in the NFL, did in fact succeed. He may not have won a Championship, but he always gave his team a shot at the playoffs.

The fans just knew he was better than Ken O'Brien based on his play and talent. But the GM who has to pay this guy thought it was too risky.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Uh-Oh said:
Not flippant at all. Well said in fact.

I think fans are also more forgiving of things like Wonderlic scores. How many teams passed on Dan Marino because of his 14? Yet someone who was thought to be too stupid to succeed in the NFL, did in fact succeed. He may not have won a Championship, but he always gave his team a shot at the playoffs.

The fans just knew he was better than Ken O'Brien based on his play and talent. But the GM who has to pay this guy thought it was too risky.
You have to think of it from where they sit? How many millions of dollars are riding upon the decisions they have to make?

From where we all sit analyzing stuff it's relatively antiseptic. It affects us but it can't infect us if you will. Truth be told the scouting department in Dallas impresses me a lot. I couldn't have passed up Jason Witten when he was there in the 2nd round a few years ago. They knew something and ended up with an absolute steal taking him in the 3rd.

The advantage they have is the full skinny of what teams are looking for around them.

All in all, it's a very impressive process that is easy to admire.