Kiper Mock 4.0 4/10/24

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll post the whole thing later if nobody else does.

-

24. Dallas Cowboys
Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma

This has to be a tackle, right? Tyron Smith is gone, and Tyler Smith, a first-round pick in 2022, has played extremely well at left guard. Would Dallas move Tyler Smith outside and take the risk that he's only an above-average left tackle? If I was the general manager, I'd take Guyton, one of the most physically impressive players in this class. At 6-foot-7, 322 pounds, he moves like a tight end. He played mostly right tackle in college, but he could make the move to Dak Prescott's blind side for the Cowboys.
position.

56. Dallas Cowboys
Jonathon Brooks, RB, Texas

This has been a popular pairing based on Dallas' offseason plan at running back. It doesn't have a lead back on its roster. Brooks, who rushed for 1,139 yards and 10 touchdowns before tearing an ACL in November, has the tools to be an impact player as a rookie. He showed some upside as a pass-catcher, too. He's my top-ranked back.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
I actually Dallas takes Brian Thomas in the first round if he's there. I'm not usually a fan of a WR in the first, but this draft might not leave much choice.

morasp

Reaction score
I actually Dallas takes Brian Thomas in the first round if he's there. I'm not usually a fan of a WR in the first, but this draft might not leave much choice.
Would absolutely add a dimension to the offense that we haven't had.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I really like Brain thomas.If we were in a position to go BPA he would most likely be our pick but we have some neon sign glaring needs all over the field that has be filled via the draft.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Seeing how we went all defense during FA, this looks about right.

Carter

Reaction score
This seems very much what the Jones would do and i would absolutely hate it lol.

A Boom or Bust Player in Round 1 followed by a native Texas RB that hasnt played more than one season and tore his ACL

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Unfortunately, both those players will be on the sideline for most of the game while we watch our opponent march up and down the field by simply running the ball at our non-existent D-tackles.

LB and DT are bigger priorities.

SF, DET, BAL, PIT, CLE, phi for sure will attempt to run the ball down our throats.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Guy who played LT his entire rookie year = may be average NFL LT

Guy who has never played LT and was limited at RT = THE FUTURE!!!!
this is not how teams evaluate,this is mostly internet scouts.If a guy cant play LT they will definitely have him down.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I feel like this is a very realistic scenario. Cowboys tend to lock in on certain players no matter what. Guyton seems to be their the guy.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I feel like this is a very realistic scenario. Cowboys tend to lock in on certain players no matter what. Guyton seems to be their the guy.
Is that coming from Dallas FO though or is that just the popular pick among the talking heads because we let Tyron go.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
If I had to bet on our picks these would be it
I really want to stay away from immature players. Guyton might be talented, but he may never reach that potential. He is that classic boom or bust prospect.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I really want to stay away from immature players. Guyton might be talented, but he may never reach that potential. He is that classic boom or bust prospect.
He’s got some technique to clean up but the dude allowed zero sacks playing at a power 5 school.

He’ll have his and downs as a rookie but I think he could step in year 1 and play.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
He’s got some technique to clean up but the dude allowed zero sacks playing at a power 5 school.

He’ll have his and downs as a rookie but I think he could step in year 1 and play.
Immature players scare me as they usually aren't hard workers and just live off their talent. Yes, some succeed, but most bust.