Kiper Mock 4.0 4/10/24

Carter

Reaction score
The drop off between the Top 3 Receivers Harrison, Nabers, Odunze is quite huge.

WR is deep as hell. You can still draft a good one later.

Have to build trenches and LB is also weak.

Flamma

Reaction score
More of a luxury pick. Far more positions need an influx of talent than WR.
Agreed. I think there will be WRs just as good as him late in day 2. But if he's available, I'm pretty sure he'll be BPA. I think they'll just go with that.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He’s got some technique to clean up but the dude allowed zero sacks playing at a power 5 school.

He’ll have his and downs as a rookie but I think he could step in year 1 and play.
Yeah, I’ve actually started to come around on Guyton again. Or, maybe it’s just me accepting the inevitably of us drafting him.

He certainly has all the tools. I worry about his play strength but I like his competitive demeanor and experience all the starts. Not to mention, strength is something that can be improved over a relatively short time.

Mims is really just a bag of enticing tools at this point.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Definitely Guyton in the mix ,they have talked to this guy and he is also visited Frisco.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve actually started to come around on Guyton again. Or, maybe it’s just me accepting the inevitably of us drafting him.

He certainly has all the tools. I worry about his play strength but I like his competitive demeanor and experience all the starts. Not to mention, strength is something that can be improved over a relatively short time.

Mims is really just a bag of enticing tools at this point.
Yea. If he’s a worker and has the right mindset you can teach him to get stronger to be better against the run.

Can’t teach his combination of size / length / agility.

Carson

Reaction score
Definitely Guyton in the mix ,they have talked to this guy and he is also visited Frisco.
You can pretty much pencil in

Tyler Guyton
Jonathan Brooks
Tez Walker
Trevon Wallace

as 4 of your 7 picks. I am certain of this if they are on the board

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
Unfortunately, both those players will be on the sideline for most of the game while we watch our opponent march up and down the field by simply running the ball at our non-existent D-tackles.

LB and DT are bigger priorities.

SF, DET, BAL, PIT, CLE, phi for sure will attempt to run the ball down our throats.
Exactly. While everyone is freaking out about the OL which I still think is adequate with Bass and Richards - do we really want to pin our hopes on Mazi and Osa. Osa is decent as part of a rotation, but where is the rotation. I was really hoping that we could have signed a space eater in free agency. I would rather take one of the best defensive tackles or defensive ends with our 24th pick then the 6th best tackle (because the top ones will go before us) or an interior OL that we could get in round 2.

rambo2

Reaction score
Exactly. While everyone is freaking out about the OL which I still think is adequate with Bass and Richards - do we really want to pin our hopes on Mazi and Osa. Osa is decent as part of a rotation, but where is the rotation. I was really hoping that we could have signed a space eater in free agency. I would rather take one of the best defensive tackles or defensive ends with our 24th pick then the 6th best tackle (because the top ones will go before us) or an interior OL that we could get in round 2.
Byron Murphy and Payton Wilson with a trade back and a receiver and a running back could put them over the top with the Penn State or Miami center.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You can pretty much pencil in

Tyler Guyton
Jonathan Brooks
Tez Walker
Trevon Wallace

as 4 of your 7 picks. I am certain of this if they are on the board
I’d like it not love it.

Walker would probably be a 2nd rounder in a normal class but this WR group is loaded.

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
Byron Murphy and Payton Wilson with a trade back and a receiver and a running back could put them over the top with the Penn State or Miami center.
I really believe in this draft that trading back and getting that extra pick would help a lot. But for that to happen, we have to hope another team wants to move up to our pick. If not, and by some miracle Murphy lasts to pick 24, they should be running up to the podium to cast that pick.

rambo2

Reaction score
I really believe in this draft that trading back and getting that extra pick would help a lot. But for that to happen, we have to hope another team wants to move up to our pick. If not, and by some miracle Murphy lasts to pick 24, they should be running up to the podium to cast that pick.
I think that they should get Murphy if possible. Then they would finally have a very good defensive tackle.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, both those players will be on the sideline for most of the game while we watch our opponent march up and down the field by simply running the ball at our non-existent D-tackles.

LB and DT are bigger priorities.

SF, DET, BAL, PIT, CLE, phi for sure will attempt to run the ball down our throats.
You also have to factor in availability. DT and LB are readily available in FA on any given year, LT on the other hand... or Center!

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I think that they should get Murphy if possible. Then they would finally have a very good defensive tackle.
I would not pass on Murphy or Newton if available. But this team seems to be zeroed in on OL.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
guyton is way too boom or bust for me in round 1
:hammer: .........Not seeing it either. Especially @ left tackle. He's an upgrade over Steele...if you draft him for the right side....that I could buy into......But if the plan is strictly LT......think you are reaching.

Think the better plan could be move down out the first take a guy like Christian Haynes UConn.....

And move Tyler out to LT...:popcorn:

Rayman70

Reaction score
if these first 2 picks are accurate, we are in even bigger trouble in 2024 than first thought. Guyton is very raw. Brooks is coming off major injury. My hope is we trade back and stack picks. We need bodies.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I like the mid to late round linebackers as better fits than taking a LB with a premium pick. Cooper will be boom or bust, and Wilson is a guy that has had around 12 surgeries already. Gimme a guy like Jaylon Ford LB from Texas in rd 3. Hes a underrated downhill thumper. Then in rd 5, I'll take Luke Reimer, a sideline to sideline tackling machine. High FB IQ. Zimmer will be able to coach those guys up. We need size in the trenches and another CB as well. I'd love Cooper Dejean at 24 . He can cover like a cb but hits like a safety and has versatility to play both. He's also a special teams ace. Offers kick return ability. Hes a dog day 1.

raven55

Reaction score
the problem with trading down to get more bodies as the person above wanted that's what you might get a bunch of bodies and that's all. jerry the dumbo did that once didn't work out very well