Kiss!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the 21st century Cowboys have turned some of our fans into this - there's always an excuse. Cowboys need to change this by winning something, again.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I’ve been a fan since 1975. Seen them 7 times. Met Bruce Kulick and Eric Singer—great guys, great players, but Ace was my fave.

How about you?
I've been a Kiss fan since 1975. My best friend had the Hard Luck woman single 45, but we always listened to the flip side, Mr. Speed. Great song. His brother got the Kiss Alive! album via one of those mail-order music services. That album so kicked butt!
I was super bummed that they never came to Honolulu, where I was living as a teen. I learned guitar by learning to play Kiss songs, especially Ace Frehley solos. A couple of the solos I learned were actually by Bob Kulick, but I didn't know at the time.
I finally saw them in Vegas in 2019 with Tommy Thayer on guitar.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
600x200

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Brand new song from Ace Frehley

So this is one of the new songs that Ace proclaimed would " make Paul Stanley look like an imbecile”? Sounds average to me, certainly not on par with his stuff from the 78 solo album. Watched a few of his concerts from the last year or 2 and it was pretty bad. He should be embarrassed. This coming from a guy that loved KISS/Ace in my youth. Hotter than Hell is still one of my favorite albums of all time with some of Ace's best work.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A couple??? Yeah a 50 year career on a couple of "good" tunes.
I love KISS.

They are some of the greatest showmen and greatest businessmen the music industry has ever seen.

But to be honest…..they have only a handful of good songs, many average songs, and a bunch of bad songs.

For as legendary as they are, they are somewhat mediocre as musicians. It’s really very unusual.

But they are an awesome group altogether. If they were truly great musicians and songwriters though (or even just above average), they would have been hands down one of the greatest bands in history.

ESisback

Reaction score
I love KISS.

They are some of the greatest showmen and greatest businessmen the music industry has ever seen.

But to be honest…..they have only a handful of good songs, many average songs, and a bunch of bad songs.

For as legendary as they are, they are somewhat mediocre as musicians. It’s really very unusual.

But they are an awesome group altogether. If they were truly great musicians and songwriters though (or even just above average), they would have been hands down one of the greatest bands in history.
Great songs…

RocknRoll All Night
Flaming Youth
Detroit Rock City
Shout It Out Loud
Great Expectations
Love Gun
Strange Ways
Deuce
Black Diamond
She
Unholy
I Love It Loud
Rock Bottom
Nothing To Lose
I Stole Your Love
Almost Human
Psycho Circus
New York Groove
Parasite
100,000 Years
Shock Me
Rocket Ride

And there are others. Anyone that disagrees doesn’t know rocknroll!

Big_D

Reaction score
Great songs…

RocknRoll All Night
Flaming Youth
Detroit Rock City
Shout It Out Loud
Great Expectations
Love Gun
Strange Ways
Deuce
Black Diamond
She
Unholy
I Love It Loud
Rock Bottom
Nothing To Lose
I Stole Your Love
Almost Human
Psycho Circus
New York Groove
Parasite
100,000 Years
Shock Me
Rocket Ride

Hard Luck Woman
Calling Dr. Love
God of Thunder
Strutter
Beth
I was made for Loving You
Cold Gin
Plaster Caster
Do you Love me
King of the Night Time World

on and on..

There's a lot of good songs. They get a bad rap for not being the best musicians, but that doesn't matter. They wrote some of the most memorable songs in the history of R&R. There are great musicians in comparison who have very little fanfare or commercial success. It's not about the complexity of the music, but more how people relate to it. And KISS has fans young and old all over the world, inspired millions and kept it going for 50 years. They did alright.

ESisback

Reaction score
Hard Luck Woman
Calling Dr. Love
God of Thunder
Strutter
Beth
I was made for Loving You
Cold Gin
Plaster Caster
Do you Love me
King of the Night Time World

on and on..

There's a lot of good songs. They get a bad rap for not being the best musicians, but that doesn't matter. They wrote some of the most memorable songs in the history of R&R. There are great musicians in comparison who have very little fanfare or commercial success. It's not about the complexity of the music, but more how people relate to it. And KISS has fans young and old all over the world, inspired millions and kept it going for 50 years. They did alright.
Actually, Ace is very unique and cool, inspiring many. When Paul still had his voice he was one of the best singers. Eric Carr and Bruce Kulick were WAY above average players.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great songs…

RocknRoll All Night
Flaming Youth
Detroit Rock City
Shout It Out Loud
Great Expectations
Love Gun
Strange Ways
Deuce
Black Diamond
She
Unholy
I Love It Loud
Rock Bottom
Nothing To Lose
I Stole Your Love
Almost Human
Psycho Circus
New York Groove
Parasite
100,000 Years
Shock Me
Rocket Ride

Sold more than 75 million records worldwide.
21 million RIAA-certified albums.
30 Gold albums, the most of any band from the United States.
14 Platinum albums, three of which earned multi-Platinum.

So much for "a couple of good tunes" theory.