Kiss!

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Not a fan of the current lineup, they were a favorite back in the '70s. I still consider hotter than hell their best album. I salute Gene and Paul for keeping the machine rolling all these years but no Ace and no Pete equals no kiss for me

ESisback

Reaction score
Tommy’s a team player and a nice guy, and he recreates Ace’s sound nicely, but he sure ain’t Ace. Too generic. Eric Singer is actually very skilled, and a great guy. Eric Carr and Bruce Kulick we’re both awesome, and contributed much to Kiss.

That said, the originals were magic. The problem? Four alphas eventually fall out. Add booze and drugs…

FoxF

Reaction score
Kiss just owned the 70's, they were so huge in their heyday. I remember watching that cheesey movie they made as a kid "Kiss Meets Phantom of the Park" in the 70's.

Saw them later a few times in the 80's when they seemed to tour just about everywhere, even small towns in Texas.

ESisback

Reaction score
Kiss just owned the 70's, they were so huge in their heyday. I remember watching that cheesey movie they made as a kid "Kiss Meets Phantom of the Park" in the 70's.

Saw them later a few times in the 80's when they seemed to tour just about everywhere, even small towns in Texas.
Yeah, big time bands really should leave moviemaking to the professionals.

ESisback

Reaction score
My favorite Kiss songs AREN’T well known…

Strange Ways
Rock Bottom
She
Within
100,000 Years
Black Diamond
Almost Human
Going Blind
All The Way
God Of Thunder
Spit
Fits Like A Glove
Young and Wasted
Deuce
Parasite
Nothing To Lose
Flaming Youth
Unholy
Mr. Blackwell
Rocket Ride

I see the following as cheesey CRAP:
Lick It Up
Crazy Nights
Heaven’s On Fire
Christine 16
Turn On The Night
I Was Made For Lovin’ You
Shandi

And I’m burnt out on:
Rock-n-Roll All Night
Shout It Out Loud

Last edited:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:bow: :bow: :bow:

giphy.gif

ESisback

Reaction score
Yeah, Gene’s a control freak who wanted to maintain that mysterious superhero motif, with ominous comments that played to their characters. He and Paul were serious about what they were doing, and a drunk Ace annoyed the crap out of them. I can actually see both sides, but it WAS funny!

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Yeah, Gene’s a control freak who wanted to maintain that mysterious superhero motif, with ominous comments that played to their characters. He and Paul were serious about what they were doing, and a drunk Ace annoyed the crap out of them. I can actually see both sides, but it WAS funny!
If you watch the full interview there is a part where Ace talks about his hobbies in particular remote controlled toy helicopters made in Germany. Ace started to do something that I won't mention here, and gene told him don't you do it. Other than that ace stole the show

ESisback

Reaction score
If you watch the full interview there is a part where Ace talks about his hobbies in particular remote controlled toy helicopters made in Germany. Ace started to do something that I won't mention here, and gene told him don't you do it. Other than that ace stole the show
I remember watching the original airing!

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I’ve been a fan since 1975. Seen them 7 times. Met Bruce Kulick and Eric Singer—great guys, great players, but Ace was my fave.

How about you?
I love Kiss. It pisses me off when people criticize. They were showmen and an important part of the evolution of rock 'n roll. Just a fun band that I was lucky enough to see live.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Not a big fan though I don't mind some of the popular 70's stuff. My older brother loves them. He's seen them multiple times—the first time in the 80's. He came back with a concert shirt and wore that thing out. The sleeves started falling apart, so he cut it into a muscle tee. By the time he retired the shirt, it had gone from black to gray-like color.