Kitna to be QB coach, Moore leading candidate for OC

CWR

Reaction score
Meh, I know very little about what Moore brings to the table, BUT his lack of experience and history of working under Garrett concern me. If we ran Linehan out of town just to keep the same damn offense its completely and utterly pointless.

Thats the assumption most are making, I really hope its not the case. I hope we change the offense drastically.

mrmojo

Reaction score
I'm just hoping our 1st team offense plays a couple of quarters in pre season at this point....funny how things change but end up staying the same....only the Cowboys.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I am wondering if next season the Joneses are secretly hoping to tank or as it is known in Sixers land, the Process (I know the Cowboys have been in their own Process for the past 8 years). Garrett’s contract would be up, Sean Payton’s contract will be up I think, Dak rookie contract is up, and if we are that bad we can get a shot at Tua, Herbert, or Fromm. You just wonder why they would not get OC who has at least done it before.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Garrett and others think highly of Moore who would certainly be way more open to accepting help from Garret and other coaches like nussmier in developing a game plan that fits current players. He might be a bit young but if they support him he'll be fine. I'm curious if Moore would call plays too or if that goes to Garrett or another coach.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I thought we weren’t suppose to publish false rumors. Well at least I hope it is because of it isn’t, this is not funny.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
Somedays you log on, read what might be happening and you just shut down,curl up in your rocker/recliner and just drink or smoke whatever you have available hoping for better days.

mmohican29

Reaction score
With Kitna coming on and Moore's probable promotion, this really makes me wonder exactly what quality of OC he was:

Both played in Linehan's system. Makes me think that the team is unified in the idea that the system is sound.

Reading between the lines:

Scott failed to utilize his personnel well

Scott was overly conservative

Scott has a better QB in Dak than he put together gameplans for.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
So, working under an OC makes a person a disciple who is incapable of his own thoughts? As if he is a robot pre-programmed to be a clone of that OC?

If that were the case offenses would still be the same as when football was first being played over 100 years ago, Sean Payton would be in New Oreleans still be running the offense he did in Dallas, and Air Coryell, the West Coast offense, RPO and other systems and styles would never have developed. For all you and I know Moore may be itching to do different things that he hasn’t been in a position to do.

Lol someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

First of all, idk if he’s done wonders with Dak. Daks development was pretty stagnant and of course his turn around... let’s say Amari Cooper has a lot to do with it.

Second, Kellen has never came off to me as someone who is a “leader.” He could be smart and knows the Xs and Os but his emotions come off as as only second to Eli Manning. I would like to see some fire and ability to get all these personalities on one page.

Third, our FO has a knack of overvaluing their own personnel. From players to coaches.

Lastly, I would love someone to help me out with what we may expect. Hence my question in the end. This is me adjusting to what can inevitably happen. Much like expecting Dak getting extended and our option at QB (even if he makes me want to pull my hair out). I’d like to see some type of silver lining and positivity going into next season.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe Jerry told Jason that while he loves him, he can’t keep spitting the bit in the playoffs and has to advance beyond where he has gone.

Jason says fine but if I am going down, let me go down on my terms and let me call my own plays.

Jerry says sure but no extension, this is a prove it year.

Now there's the one shred of hope in all of this.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Its not gonna matter. he's not going to be stuck in a style or a look. He knows enough to get the best out of what's in front of him. Jason and Jerry and Stephen are very tenured. They see and hear things that might influence you in another direction.

This statement is positivity radiating at best. Nothing to go by so that’s why his background is important. Much like everyone talks about the Parcells tree or belicheck tree, it does have a tell as to how their coaching styles, plays, and tendencies are. I’m not saying he can’t evolve but he has nothing other than the FO (if he is the new OC) giving him the go. We know how the FO over values their own. If this Dak generation lives and dies by this hiring so be it.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
Is there something I’m not seeing in Moore? QB coach is a behind the seasons kind of job so maybe I haven’t seen enough to appreciate his potential.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
My one worry with Moore is if he gets promoted too high Floaty might end up on the staff.

Just accept it...Coach this team from my couch I do.... Jedi skills...I can teach you.

maxresdefault.jpg

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
This statement is positivity radiating at best. Nothing to go by so that’s why his background is important. Much like everyone talks about the Parcells tree or belicheck tree, it does have a tell as to how their coaching styles, plays, and tendencies are. I’m not saying he can’t evolve but he has nothing other than the FO (if he is the new OC) giving him the go. We know how the FO over values their own. If this Dak generation lives and dies by this hiring so be it.
Everyone thats ever been good has to have a "Start". I agree with your statement however, there's enough knowledge in this system to know if he can wear "Big Boy Pants. GOD....I;m starting to sound like Floaty and its scaring me..:laugh:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

First of all, idk if he’s done wonders with Dak. Daks development was pretty stagnant and of course his turn around... let’s say Amari Cooper has a lot to do with it.

Second, Kellen has never came off to me as someone who is a “leader.” He could be smart and knows the Xs and Os but his emotions come off as as only second to Eli Manning. I would like to see some fire and ability to get all these personalities on one page.

Third, our FO has a knack of overvaluing their own personnel. From players to coaches.

Lastly, I would love someone to help me out with what we may expect. Hence my question in the end. This is me adjusting to what can inevitably happen. Much like expecting Dak getting extended and our option at QB (even if he makes me want to pull my hair out). I’d like to see some type of silver lining and positivity going into next season.

These are all issues that are out of the scope of what I was referring to. You are right that’s it’s hard to know how well he performed as QB coach - does anyone really know how to judge that - and we don’t know his leadership skills, but to dismiss him as a blind disciple of Linehan isn’t a reasonable way to evaluate. In the end, the toughest thing about evaluating Moore is his lack of history as a coach. It’s hard to judge hi coaching without opportunity to see it in action