Kliff Kingsbury for HC?

Bluestang

Reaction score
Just look at what he accomplished with Mahomes. Andy Reid is using his playbook right now with the same success.

Ky31

Reaction score
They know each other pretty well. They come from the Mike Leach coaching tree for sure. No doubt he should be in the mix too.
Fact...I just want to see a scheme that creates for skill players! I watch football all day long on Sunday and see skill players running free, however that is never seen when the players have a star on their helmet!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Time for a new thread. JG needs to go and the rest of the clown show we call the offense. Yes this thread may seem premature but you have to be delusional if you think this team will be competive this season.

Kingsbury could be the new McVay if given the talent. This guy is creative and coached very familiar names in the NFL.

I only worry about the defense, but we keep Kris Richards and give him asst HC title and let him run the D.

Kingsbury and Richards could be a good combo.

Let’s discuss.

I could see us going Richard as HC and Kingsbury as OC. That'd be a good combo.

losersgetcute

Reaction score
Time for a new thread. JG needs to go and the rest of the clown show we call the offense. Yes this thread may seem premature but you have to be delusional if you think this team will be competive this season.

Kingsbury could be the new McVay if given the talent. This guy is creative and coached very familiar names in the NFL.

I only worry about the defense, but we keep Kris Richards and give him asst HC title and let him run the D.

Kingsbury and Richards could be a good combo.

Let’s discuss.
If Kliff Kingsbury ever joins this coaching staff I will instantly hate this team more than the New England Patriots. That's saying something. I know people I trust who know him and he is a dirtbag.

kskboys

Reaction score
If Kliff Kingsbury ever joins this coaching staff I will instantly hate this team more than the New England Patriots. That's saying something. I know people I trust who know him and he is a dirtbag.
Bellychickens is a dirtbag.

Can he coach?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Kris Richard. Claim him before he's gone for good.

Whoa now, it appears Richard is a very good coach, but just remember he had Sherman, Chancellor and other top defenders to coach. Is Richard that good, or was it mostly or even half players? Let's see what he can do with Jones, Woods, Awuzie etc. before we make him the DC...

Blake

Reaction score
Whoa now, it appears Richard is a very good coach, but just remember he had Sherman, Chancellor and other top defenders to coach. Is Richard that good, or was it mostly or even half players? Let's see what he can do with Jones, Woods, Awuzie etc. before we make him the DC...

Would you have said the same about Sean Peyton when he was coming up on his prime? I bet.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If Dak doesn't work out, then the Cowboys will have failed to make the SB with an undrafted but talented quarterback, a 4th rounder, a free agent, previous Pro Bowler/SB appearing quarterback in Bledsoe and a plethora of free agents like Weeden and Cassell.

That leaves the only thing they haven't done for 29 years - draft a quarterback with a very high first round pick.

Will that work? Who knows? Might get a Ryan Leaf or another Aikman, either is a valid possibility.

But hey, we've tried everything else, worth a shot...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Would you have said the same about Sean Peyton when he was coming up on his prime? I bet.

Sure would. In hindsight, should have made him the head coach (though having JJ for an owner/gm is vastly different that having Benson as an owner alone).

How many people in SF were thrilled with getting Singletary as a coach? Lots. But he flopped. (Yes I know he wasn't a long time NFL coach when he got to SF). The NFL's history is littered with coaches who were great assistants but terrible head coaches. People praised Marinelli for his 2016 defense, but he was 10-38 as a head coach in Detroit, including an 0-16 season.

Hindsight is always 20-20...

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Give me Lincoln Riley as HC
Kliff Kingsbury as OC
and Richard as DC

or
Richard as HC
Lincoln Riley as OC
Kliff Kingsbury as QB Coach
and Richard picks his DC.

Either works for me.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Negative.

If Kliff could learn under one of these new coaches that'd be great, but his offense is pure spread. Nothing like anything in the NFL.

If we're talking about coaches, I'd probably throw some $$ at LeFleur. Current Titans OC (dont sleep on the Titans this year). Shanahan/McVay guy. It wouldn't happen, but I'd throw out an offer to Kliff in that case and see if he wanted to come in as an offensive assistant or something.

These new offensive coaches are just getting snatched up so quickly now.