Kliff Kingsbury as OC
and Richard as DC

or
Richard as HC
Lincoln Riley as OC
Kliff Kingsbury as QB Coach
and Richard picks his DC.

Either works for me.
Lincoln Riley would be a fool to leave OU. Kliff getting fired will happen eventually, as soon as his rich backers decide to spend their money elsewhere. Tech will drop him like a bad habit, then he can go coach Texas so they can git gud at losing bigtime...oh wait he doesn't need to make any adjustments for that...boomer sooner.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m a Texas Tech fan...AND a Dallas Cowboys fan. The answer is NO.

Kliff Kingsbury is an excellent offensive mind, but head coach he is not. At least not yet. He’s starting his sixth season at Tech, and although his team seems to have turned things around this year so far, he is miles away from proving any consistency. He hasn’t proved he’s a capable college coach yet, why would he be good for the NFL?

Also, he would never put up with Jerry’s meddling. Kliff has a lot of rebellion in his style, which I like, but I guarantee you Jerry Jones would not.

joseephuss

Reaction score
No, thank you. The list of college coaches with no NFL experience who had success in the NFL is very short. The excuse that he gets very few 5 star recruits is weak. His predecessors at Tech faced the same challenges, but produced better teams and records. He doesn't even have a winning record and has been coaching in a weak conference.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Kris Richard. Claim him before he's gone for good.
Why thrust him into HC responsbilities?

If you like Richard why not first promote him to DC? He's already failed as a DC in Seattle, his defense getting worse every year oncd he was promoted. Let's pump the breaks on 4 game sample of Richard, especially when his DBs aren't even playing very well

cowboyec

Reaction score
Bob Stoops.
Urban Meyer.
Nick Saban.

but my all-time #1....Bill Belichick...bring the hoody home.

kskboys

Reaction score
Time for a new thread. JG needs to go and the rest of the clown show we call the offense. Yes this thread may seem premature but you have to be delusional if you think this team will be competive this season.

Kingsbury could be the new McVay if given the talent. This guy is creative and coached very familiar names in the NFL.

I only worry about the defense, but we keep Kris Richards and give him asst HC title and let him run the D.

Kingsbury and Richards could be a good combo.

Let’s discuss.
Sure, why not. Anything but the status quo.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Bob Stoops.
Urban Meyer.
Nick Saban.

but my all-time #1....Bill Belichick...bring the hoody home.
Stoops would come out of retirement before Stephen Jones hung up the phone. lol...Stoops may not be the slam dunk best fit...but we could do a lot worse.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Stoops would come out of retirement before Stephen Jones hung up the phone. lol...Stoops may not be the slam dunk best fit...but we could do a lot worse.
the chatter around here when he was still at Ou was that if he would leave for an NfL job...it would be Dallas.
it was said to be the 1 NfL job he coveted.
helluva coach.
Id love it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the chatter around here when he was still at Ou was that if he would leave for an NfL job...it would be Dallas.
it was said to be the 1 NfL job he coveted.
helluva coach.
Id love it.
exactly. Look at how things have lined up. Stoops is retired AND AVAILABLE...Dallas is on the verge of a HC overhaul by all accounts, and word is Stoops is telling friends and family, colleagues….he has the itch to coach again. Smells like something will go down and I think it will happen in mid season.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Guys if we lose this game in a fashion that gets stuck in Jerry's crawl like the last one did, he will get fired this week. He may get fired in the lockerroom. Stoops will be the HC come hook or crook I think. Writing is on the wall. Only way he doesn't become the HC is if Richard wants it. Then Im good with that too. Glad we didn't get Gruden BTW...he stinks on ice...makes some really bizarre player moves...out of touch it seems.