Kliff Kingsbury should be new OC

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Supposedly Kliff Kingsbury has been let go as Texas Techs Head Coach.

As a Tech fan, I was ready for Kliff to go, because he’s just not HC material.

That said, his offensive mind is brilliant and I’m here to start the Kingsbury for Cowboys OC bandwagon, and I’m serious.

Under KK, the Tech offense has been extraordinarily prolific, mostly with a terrible (historically bad) defense which is why Tech never won.

That said, the man has developed Case Keenan, Johnny Manziel, Baker Mayfield and Pat Mahomes.

At WR, he developed Jakeem Grant, Keke Coutee, Dylan Cantrell, Cameron Batson, etc., all of whom are in the NFL. And his best WR, Antoine Wesley, I think is going to be a stud in the NFL.

The dude knows offense, and although he’s a spread guy, he really wants to run. With Tech, I felt he ran too much, given the talent at WR, but I think he’d do amazing things with Zeke.

As a side note, the females really seem to like him as well.

I think it’s very apparent that Garrett will likely stay, but I hope (pray) that everyone with the Cowboys is ready to move on from Linehan.

I hope they look to Lubbock Texas for his replacement.

Last edited:

Zman5

Reaction score
Whoever we hire as the OC, the key question is, will JG let his new OC run his offense or force JG's crappy offense on him. JG pouted when Callahan started to run his playbook and then had JJ get rid of him. JG hired Linehan because Linny was willing to keep his mouth shut and run what JG wanted.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Supposedly Kliff Kingsbury has been let go as Texas Techs Head Coach.

As a Tech fan, I was ready for Kliff to go, because he’s just not HC material.

That said, his offensive mind is brilliant and I’m here to start the Kingsbury for Cowboys OC bandwagon, and I’m serious.

Under KK, the Tech offense has been extraordinarily prolific, mostly with a terrible (historically bad) defense which is why Tech never won.

That said, the man has developed Case Keenan, Johnny Manziel, Baker Mayfield and Pat Mahomes.

At WR, he developed Jakeem Grant, Keke Coutee, Dylan Cantrell, Cameron Batson, etc., all of whom are in the NFL. And his best WR, Antoine Wesley, I think is going to be a stud in the NFL.

The dude knows offense, and although he’s a spread guy, he really wants run. With Tech, I felt he ran too much, given the talent at WR, but I think he’d do amazing things with Zeke.

As a side note, the females really seem to like him as well.

I think it’s very apparent that Garrett will likely stay, but I hope (pray) that everyone with the Cowboys is ready to move on from Linehan.

I hope they look to Lubbock Texas for his replacement.
I'm a longhorn, but I'd like Ryan Gosling, I mean, KK as our OC!!!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whoever we hire as the OC, the key question is, will JG let his new OC run his offense or force JG's crappy offense on him. JG pouted when Callahan started to run his playbook and then had JJ get rid of him. JG hired Linehan because Linny was willing to keep his mouth shut and run what JG wanted.
JG doesn't have the power or the balls to tell an OC what to do.

Zordon

Reaction score
https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...t-jason-garrett-scott-linehan-dak-prescott/3/

If the Cowboys were smart, they’d seriously consider getting a leg up on the competition and bring Kingsbury on as soon as legally possible. He seems committed to the state, having attended Texas Tech and having spent all three of his coaching stints in the state at the University of Houston, Texas A&M and Texas Tech.

Dallas won’t and can’t bring him on as coordinator midseason, but they can hire him as an offensive consultant for the rest of 2018.

That would present an opportunity for Jason Garrett and the front office to get a feel for Kingsbury and how he would address the shortcomings of the Dallas offense.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
If Garrett has to stay they need to dump Linehan and get rid of the playbook completely. Otherwise, we will still be where we are this year.

Garrett has already done damage to this teams offense by being stubborn. We need to get rid his offense and not look back.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I would love this move but it would require Jerry admitting that Garrett & Linehan's offense is not up to par or as Jerry says, just like the Rams and Chiefs.

Someone is going to land Kingsbury as an OC. NFL teams have been trying to incorporate the college spread into their offenses for a while now and Kingsbury is an aggressive, innovative offensive mind. He played under Leach and Belichick. He coached under Kevin Sumlin. This would be a home run signing for us.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
I would love this move but it would require Jerry admitting that Garrett & Linehan's offense is not up to par or as Jerry says, just like the Rams and Chiefs.

Someone is going to land Kingsbury as an OC. NFL teams have been trying to incorporate the college spread into their offenses for a while now and Kingsbury is an aggressive, innovative offensive mind. He played under Leach and Belichick. He coached under Kevin Sumlin. This would be a home run signing for us.

Andy Reid has openly admitted that he has watched tape of Kliffs offensive designs since he acquired Mahomes

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

For a team that has all the money in the world in regards to sports, they have the least adequate coaches to run this team. Thats just baffles me.