Kliff Kingsbury should be new OC

Zordon

Reaction score
I would love this move but it would require Jerry admitting that Garrett & Linehan's offense is not up to par or as Jerry says, just like the Rams and Chiefs.

Someone is going to land Kingsbury as an OC. NFL teams have been trying to incorporate the college spread into their offenses for a while now and Kingsbury is an aggressive, innovative offensive mind. He played under Leach and Belichick. He coached under Kevin Sumlin. This would be a home run signing for us.
This would be a dream come true but unfortunately I don’t see anything being done until the offseason at the earliest.
I don't want to wait till next year. When you have a great defense and a cheap QB, you have to strike while the iron is hot. Look at the Seahawks and Ravens.

The only thing holding this team back is coaching. Jerry can put a patch on this problem by bringing in KK for the rest of the year. If Jerry already has the intention of firing Linehan, then why even give two ***** about how he feels about it? Get him in here and try to make a run NOW while we have D-Law, Irving, cheap Dak, and semi-cheap Zeke. All this will change in a few years...strike now.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I need Garrett to step out of his comfort zone for once and make this move. I don't care how Linehan feels about it.
It wouldn’t be up to Garrett.

Mannix

Reaction score
That was the rumor I heard this morning on Dallas radio. That way Jerry can keep The Clapping Carrot, and possibly have Kingsbury as the possible successor when he eventually has his stalk removed.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Does Kingsbury have any O-Coordinator experience? If so, where and what is his success rate/record running what style of offense?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was the rumor I heard this morning on Dallas radio. That way Jerry can keep The Clapping Carrot, and possibly have Kingsbury as the possible successor when he eventually has his stalk removed.

Is it actually a rumor or just a random thought by a talking head? In any case, it doesn’t make much sense to hire an unsuccessful college coach with a spread offense background as the OC, much less as the heir apparent to the head coaching position.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
There is no chance of that happening and I hope it stays that way.

conner01

Reaction score
Reality is Dak is going to be QB
Garrett is going to be HC
Don’t think Dak fits his scheme which requires quick reads
His system does have more creative routes but so would mine

kskboys

Reaction score
I'd jump on it, but is he available?

kskboys

Reaction score
Reality is Dak is going to be QB
Garrett is going to be HC
Don’t think Dak fits his scheme which requires quick reads
His system does have more creative routes but so would mine
Disagree. Dak is great at the quick reads, he's terrible at the long developing complicated reads that Linehan keeps throwing at him. When they make it simple and quick, Dak excels.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Some of you guys need to read beyond the stats.

If Kliff can have a high powered offense with Nic freaking Shimonek, Davis terrible Webb and Jett Duffey, he can have one with Dak.

Also, he was a Patriot under Belichick, so he values the running game, sometimes to his detriment.

There’s no doubt he would use Zeke to his fullest, and most importantly, he’d bring the Cowboys passing game into the 21st century.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Dak could not run Kliff's "air raid" offense

like mixing oil and water

Do you even watch Tech games? It's mainly quick reads, which Dak is great at. Not these long drawn out routes. Tech is not airing the ball out. They are running the same offense that Mike Leach implemented at OU in 2000 when he was the OC. That offense is pretty easy to grasp, hence why they put up numbers no matter who the QB is.

But of course this board loves to throw shots at Dak whenever they get a chance.