Kony Ealy

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
With an effective swim move, ability to beat the double team and athleticism @ 6.5 and 280lbs, the etremely under rated Kony Ealy can and has played every position on the DL.

He's the perfect fit for the Dallas 4/3 Rushmen scheme to cause havoc on the opposing OLine.

Far better, higher rated and head and shoulders above any Ekuban, Carver or Pittman excuse of a 1st round choice.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
With an effective swim move, ability to beat the double team and athleticism @ 6.5 and 280lbs, the etremely under rated Kony Ealy can and has played every position on the DL.

He's the perfect fit for the Dallas 4/3 Rushmen scheme to cause havoc on the opposing OLine.

Far better, higher rated and head and shoulders above any Ekuban, Carver or Pittman excuse of a 1st round choice.

I think he has the potential to be a 9 to 10 sack guy...

Gaede

Reaction score
I think he has the potential to be a 9 to 10 sack guy...

Agreed. He's definitely not my first option at 16, but should we end up with him, I'm not gonna be upset. After watching some more stuff, he has pass rush instincts. Main reason I am not in love with him is he dogs it, pretty frequently. But when he's on, he has the ability to dominate.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score

Rather than Ekuban, Carver or Pittman, the better comparison may be Greg Ellis.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. He's definitely not my first option at 16, but should we end up with him, I'm not gonna be upset. After watching some more stuff, he has pass rush instincts. Main reason I am not in love with him is he dogs it, pretty frequently. But when he's on, he has the ability to dominate.

I would be because he's not worth being picked at 16.

That's much too high.

All you do by reaching is put even more distance between the Cowboys and other clubs when it comes to talent.

Gaede

Reaction score
True. I'd take him in the 25-30 range though. He wouldn't be my first option there though; that'd be Ward

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score

I liken him to a more athletic Greg Ellis.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Don't like him at all, but in all candor I thought Aldon Smith would be a complete bust when he came out of Mizzou so what do I know.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Don't like him at all, but in all candor I thought Aldon Smith would be a complete bust when he came out of Mizzou so what do I know.

Aldon Smith owes a lot of what he is to where he went and the fact that Justin Smith helps him a lot.

tideh20heel

Reaction score
If this front office thinks this guy is the 16th best player in the draft we have huge problems. Just draft someone that can play. Forget positions draft the best player available.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
xxxxxxxx
Just watched a bit more on Ealy

Very unimpressive in this particular video.

Watched every down, DOMINANT then looks like he got gased at around 6 min of the 8 min vid, but came back on the last two plays....now I want him even more.