Konz and Zeitler

supercowboy8

Reaction score
These two are very fun to watch, they just bulldoze right over anyone in their way. I would take them both in the first three rounds.
Give me Konz, Zeitler, and a CB in any order in the first 3 rounds and I would be very happy.
Wisconsin just grows OL. Last year I wanted Dallas to get Moffit but we didn't get so lucky and are paying for it now.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I want these 5 players

Richardson
Konz
Zeitler
Stills
Boykins

too bad we only have 3 picks in the 1st 3 rounds and if things work out the way I want this year, we will be picking at the end of each round.

The Realist

Reaction score
Felix Jones is not a lead RB, but if he has any hope of being good the interior OL needs major upgrade. Even any future #1 RB needs far more from this IOL.

I go Konz and Zeitler and forget about 4 of 5 OL positions for the next 8-10 years.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I definitely think that people are understating the progress that our young offensive line has made as well as the depth.

I can still see us taking an interior lineman next year, though, most likely a Guard. We're good at Tackle and if the coaching staff and scouts are right, we're good at Center as well.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I can live with Costa at center, but if so, I'd love to spend a high draft pick on a gurad. I'd love either of these 2 O-Lines next year

LT- Tyron Smith
LG- Bill Nagy or David Arkin
C- Michael Brewster (I'd take Konz but *if* he declares I think he goes early)
RG- Kyle Kosier or David Arkin
RT- Doug Free

or

LT- Tyron Smith
LG- David DeCastro
C- Phil Costa or Bill Nagy
RT- Doug Free

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4183206 said:
I can live with Costa at center, but if so, I'd love to spend a high draft pick on a gurad. I'd love either of these 2 O-Lines next year

LT- Tyron Smith
LG- Bill Nagy or David Arkin
C- Michael Brewster (I'd take Konz but *if* he declares I think he goes early)
RT- Doug Free

or

LT- Tyron Smith
LG- David DeCastro
C- Phil Costa or Bill Nagy
RT- Doug Free

DeCastro is my favorite interior OL right now, but he plays RG at Stanford and would probably start off there as a rookie.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'm hoping we draft Konz or Michael Brewster and then in Free Agency, sign Ben Grubbs (Ravens) or Chilo Rachal (49ers).

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Biggems;4178737 said:
I want these 5 players

Richardson
Konz
Zeitler
Stills
Boykins

too bad we only have 3 picks in the 1st 3 rounds and if things work out the way I want this year, we will be picking at the end of each round.
I would have an accident with any 3 of those.

808CowboyFan

Reaction score
If Jerry is smart enough to go with olineman early in the draft next year who have legitimate chance of starting right away like Konz and Zeitler, I would just be ecstatic. That would help our run game immensely which should then translate into better passing situations, taking some heat off of romo every game.

VACowboy

Reaction score
casmith07;4179460 said:
I definitely think that people are understating the progress that our young offensive line has made as well as the depth.

I can still see us taking an interior lineman next year, though, most likely a Guard. We're good at Tackle and if the coaching staff and scouts are right, we're good at Center as well.

I see decent pass pro, but Romo is making it look better than it is.

I see weak point of attack punch and abysmal run blocking. There is zero physicality to this OL, and as I posted last week, fixing that should be the #1 priority of this team, by far.

Costa may be a good center, but he'll never be a physical blocker.

I have Konz and Zeitler in rounds 1 and 3 in my first mock. I'd take them in 1 and 2 if I had to.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
VACowboy;4184951 said:

I see weak point of attack punch and abysmal run blocking. There is zero physicality to this OL, and as I posted last week, fixing that should be the #1 priority of this team, by far.

I have Konz and Zeitler in rounds 1 and 3 in my first mock. I'd take them in 1 and 2 if I had to.

I agree with you 100%

The Realist

Reaction score
VACowboy;4184951 said:

Only thing that makes me deviate from Konz in one is Richardson or possibly DeCastro.

VACowboy

Reaction score
The Realist;4186553 said:
Only thing that makes me deviate from Konz in one is Richardson or possibly DeCastro.

Richardson won't run very far if the OL doesn't get upgraded.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
outta those two IMO we might get a shot at Zeitler

do we take it who knows

I love to get Brewster he the next Mangold IMO

supercowboy8

Reaction score
The Realist;4186553 said:

I like Richardson but if he is the next best thing he will be a top 10 pick.
I would rather get a great Center over a great OG. More great centers go before great OGs. There is more of a drop off in talent from round one to two for centers than there is OGs.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
UnoDallas;4187384 said:
outta those two IMO we might get a shot at Zeitler

do we take it who knows

I love to get Brewster he the next Mangold IMO

The only reason you are saying he is the next Mangold is because he went to the same school. Mangold was and is more dominating than Brewster is. I like Brewster but Konz is better than Brewster. I think at the end of the day both will be first round picks.

Do you think Konz will be drafted before Dallas get to pick?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
supercowboy8;4187525 said:
The only reason you are saying he is the next Mangold is because he went to the same school. Mangold was and is more dominating than Brewster is. I like Brewster but Konz is better than Brewster. I think at the end of the day both will be first round picks.

Do you think Konz will be drafted before Dallas get to pick?

Not really, Brewster is a great prospect in his own right and doesn't need the success of Nick Mangold to further is rep. Now is he a better prospect than Konz, maybe not, time will tell.

Both players were members of the 2008 HS class, but Brewster was ready to play day 1 and started 10 games as a freshman, while Konz was redshirted. In 2010, Brewster was the one who was a finalist for the Rimmington award and was the one who was first team Big Ten, not Konz.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4188137 said:
Not really, Brewster is a great prospect in his own right and doesn't need the success of Nick Mangold to further is rep. Now is he a better prospect than Konz, maybe not, time will tell.

Both players were members of the 2008 HS class, but Brewster was ready to play day 1 and started 10 games as a freshman, while Konz was redshirted. In 2010, Brewster was the one who was a finalist for the Rimmington award and was the one who was first team Big Ten, not Konz.

those awards also have alot to do wih team success.
Brewster is good and I wouldn't mind him but IMO Konz is better.
Brewster is no Mangold.
Konz will win those awards this year.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
supercowboy8;4188359 said:
those awards also have alot to do wih team success.
Brewster is good and I wouldn't mind him but IMO Konz is better.
Brewster is no Mangold.
Konz will win those awards this year.

I never said Brewster = Mangold, just Brewster is a great center/prospect due to his own abilities. And yes a lot of the awards do go with team success, but Wisocnsin and Ohio State both were 1 loss teams that played in BCS bowls. Wisconsin technically won the Big Ten.

And yes, Konz will likely win the awards this year, because Wisconsin will be a 1 loss team or undefeated, while Ohio State is in dissary.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I love Konz. He's my #1 choice, bar none, with an eye toward realism. But I could handle a 1/2/3 combo of Minnifield/Zeitler/Ben Jones. I just think Konz is a special player.