Konz and Zeitler

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;4188395 said:
I never said Brewster = Mangold, just Brewster is a great center/prospect due to his own abilities. And yes a lot of the awards do go with team success, but Wisocnsin and Ohio State both were 1 loss teams that played in BCS bowls. Wisconsin technically won the Big Ten.

And yes, Konz will likely win the awards this year, because Wisconsin will be a 1 loss team or undefeated, while Ohio State is in dissary.

I was referring to UnoDallas "Brewster is the next Mangold"

I like Konz better because he plays more physical and more agresive than Brewster does. Now I would take either one for sure, both are great players I just like Konz play better.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
supercowboy8;4188602 said:
I was referring to UnoDallas "Brewster is the next Mangold"

I like Konz better because he plays more physical and more agresive than Brewster does. Now I would take either one for sure, both are great players I just like Konz play better.

missed that, and I do agree with your assesment that Konz is more physical.

kevinhickey

Reaction score
supercowboy8;4178673 said:
These two are very fun to watch, they just bulldoze right over anyone in their way. I would take them both in the first three rounds.
Give me Konz, Zeitler, and a CB in any order in the first 3 rounds and I would be very happy.
Wisconsin just grows OL. Last year I wanted Dallas to get Moffit but we didn't get so lucky and are paying for it now.

Peter Konz is my 1st choice in next years draft. Plug him into Centre and never look back. I think Arkin needs some time to develop into a start OG. Switch Smith and Free and hopefully Jerry signs a OG in the offseason.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
supercowboy8;4187525 said:
The only reason you are saying he is the next Mangold is because he went to the same school. Mangold was and is more dominating than Brewster is. I like Brewster but Konz is better than Brewster. I think at the end of the day both will be first round picks.

Do you think Konz will be drafted before Dallas get to pick?

well I think so hes the flavor of the month

yea you can't sleep on Brewster you can not take away four years as a starter

and if T Pryor was still playing for OSU they be one of the top teams in the country

Michael Brewster, C, Ohio State
Height: 6-5. Weight: 293.
Projected 40 Time: 5.08.
Projected Round (2012): Top 25 Pick.

9/10/11: Brewster had a strong start to the season as Ohio State rolled Akron. The Buckeyes ran for 224 yards and won 42-0. Brewster will see a strong test from Marcus Forston and Miami in the third game of the season.

8/20/11: Mike Brewster enters his senior year as the top center in the nation. He started as a freshman and has been a standout for the Buckeyes ever since. Brewster will be challenged with the turmoil at Ohio State. He will have to quickly get in tune with a new quarterback to take his snaps, and offensive tackle Mike Adams will be suspended for the first five games. Thus, some new challenges are in store for Brewster, but nothing that should hurt his draft stock. Brewster is an excellent run blocker and pass protector. He looks like the next center that is likely to crack the top 25.

Peter Konz*, C, Wisconsin
Height: 6-5. Weight: 315.
Projected 40 Time: 5.58.
Projected Round (2012): 2-3. -

I goniog to say he picked before Brewster
Running backs Montee Ball and James White had a huge first game running behind Konz. He also did a fabulous job in pass protection for quarterback Russell Wilson. Konz's stock is on the rise.

8/20/11: Peter Konz started 11 games in 2010 after starting nine games at center in 2009. Konz is a big, powerful blocker that has sound technique. He isn't the most mobile blocker, but Wisconsin has had a lot of production running behind Konz and up the middle of Big 10 defenses. Konz should have another year of that type of tape for NFL evaluators.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
supercowboy8;4187525 said:
The only reason you are saying he is the next Mangold is because he went to the same school. Mangold was and is more dominating than Brewster is. I like Brewster but Konz is better than Brewster. I think at the end of the day both will be first round picks.

Do you think Konz will be drafted before Dallas get to pick?

I am not saying he is the next Mangold just because the went to the same school

I just like the kid

From Raf’s site
Wes Bunting : I'm still surprised that Costa is your starting center. That baffles me, to be honest.

Mike Brewster from Ohio State is a really intriguing guy. He's a big kid who can bend. 6'4'', 305, good lateral mobility. I think he's one of the better day-one starting caliber centers in this group.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
do I thing Jerry will take Konz or Brewster

right I gotta say no right now

we got Costa and Kowlaski

plus heres another I really like at C

Scott Wedige, C, Northern Illinois
Height: 6-4. Weight: 314.
Projected 40 Time: 5.18.
Projected Round (2012): 4-6.
9/10/11: Wedige and the Huskies’ offense had 509 yards of total offense with 289 yards on coming on the ground, beating Army 49-26.

8/20/11: Scott Wedige had an excellent debut as the starting center last season. He was an All-MAC first-teamer in 2010. Wedige was a very good pass blocker last season and Northern Illinois allowed less than a sack per game.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
UnoDallas;4188961 said:
do I thing Jerry will take Konz or Brewster

right I gotta say no right now

we got Costa and Kowlaski

plus heres another I really like at C

Scott Wedige, C, Northern Illinois
Height: 6-4. Weight: 314.
Projected 40 Time: 5.18.
Projected Round (2012): 4-6.
9/10/11: Wedige and the Huskies’ offense had 509 yards of total offense with 289 yards on coming on the ground, beating Army 49-26.

8/20/11: Scott Wedige had an excellent debut as the starting center last season. He was an All-MAC first-teamer in 2010. Wedige was a very good pass blocker last season and Northern Illinois allowed less than a sack per game.

we have Costa and Kowlaski, just more of a reason to take Konz or Brewster. They both suck.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
UnoDallas;4188941 said:
I am not saying he is the next Mangold just because the went to the same school

I just like the kid

From Raf’s site
Wes Bunting : I'm still surprised that Costa is your starting center. That baffles me, to be honest.

Mike Brewster from Ohio State is a really intriguing guy. He's a big kid who can bend. 6'4'', 305, good lateral mobility. I think he's one of the better day-one starting caliber centers in this group.

he is one of the better center, I like Konz better because he is more physical. I don't see any simialirty in Mangold and Brewster besides they both play college at Ohio St. Brewster isn't much of a mauler that Konz is or Mangold was.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
supercowboy8;4189150 said:
he is one of the better center, I like Konz better because he is more physical. I don't see any simialirty in Mangold and Brewster besides they both play college at Ohio St. Brewster isn't much of a mauler that Konz is or Mangold was.

to each his own

at least we are getting some decent names this year

The Realist

Reaction score
supercowboy8;4187519 said:
I like Richardson but if he is the next best thing he will be a top 10 pick.
I would rather get a great Center over a great OG. More great centers go before great OGs. There is more of a drop off in talent from round one to two for centers than there is OGs.

Disagree on dropoff......Konz, Jones, Webster....3 very good centers with 1-2 grades.

DeCastro and no one remotely close to him at guard.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
The Realist;4193870 said:
Disagree on dropoff......Konz, Jones, Webster....3 very good centers with 1-2 grades.

DeCastro and no one remotely close to him at guard.

agreed
Konz and Brewster are much better than Jones or Webster or Molk.

DeCastro is good but Cordy Glenn and Zeitler aren't that far behind.
Now don't get me totally wrong. I like DeCastro and if we got DeCastro I would still be very happy as long as we get a good Center later on. I just like Konz/Brewster and Zeitler over DeCastro and Jones or Molk.

But really either one is still an upgrade, thats something I'm sure we both can agree on.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Dream draft would be Morris Claborne (sp?) CB from LSU and then the two UW linemen but that won't happen. Does anyone know about this Johnson guy from California University, PA. McShay is pretty high on him. Appears to me like another Arkin though.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Bigdog;4193940 said:
Dream draft would be Morris Claborne (sp?) CB from LSU and then the two UW linemen but that won't happen. Does anyone know about this Johnson guy from California University, PA. McShay is pretty high on him. Appears to me like another Arkin though.

Rishaw Johnson, he is listed by many as a sleeper. Not much on him now, got see more in workouts and combine. He doesn't play for a great team and I have only watched him once. He is a redshirt senior so not sure he will comeout this year or not.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
DeCastro is dominating against Washington tonight. He looks like the perfect fit for Garrett line.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
ThreeandOut;4194651 said:
DeCastro is dominating against Washington tonight. He looks like the perfect fit for Garrett line.

DeCastro, Konz, Brewster, and Zeitler are all perfect fits for this team, only problem is that we can only get two of them and thats if were lucky.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
supercowboy8;4194675 said:
DeCastro, Konz, Brewster, and Zeitler are all perfect fits for this team, only problem is that we can only get two of them and thats if were lucky.

You probably should be happy if they manage to get one of them. I would love either DeCastro or Knoz.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
ThreeandOut;4194702 said:
You probably should be happy if they manage to get one of them. I would love either DeCastro or Knoz.

Oh I would but Dallas could be able to get two. Zeitler being the one in the 2nd and Brewster or Konz in the 1st.
But if Dallas gets DeCastro I in the 1st i would be happy but then the Center Dallas gets will not be any where close to a Konz or Brewster. They will have to settle for Molk or Jones.

The Realist

Reaction score
supercowboy8;4194738 said:
Oh I would but Dallas could be able to get two. Zeitler being the one in the 2nd and Brewster or Konz in the 1st.
But if Dallas gets DeCastro I in the 1st i would be happy but then the Center Dallas gets will not be any where close to a Konz or Brewster. They will have to settle for Molk or Jones.

Jones is no slouch.

If we get DeCastro and Jones it could just be top tier G and a top of the 2nd tier C.

Who do they compare to. Everyone compares DeCastro to Faneca.

Could be the equivalent of Faneca at G and Gurode at C.

I could live with that.

I like Zeitler. He's good, but he is nowhere near DeCastro.

VACowboy

Reaction score
The Realist;4195114 said:
Jones is no slouch.

If we get DeCastro and Jones it could just be top tier G and a top of the 2nd tier C.

Who do they compare to. Everyone compares DeCastro to Faneca.

Could be the equivalent of Faneca at G and Gurode at C.

I could live with that.

I like Zeitler. He's good, but he is nowhere near DeCastro.

This.