Kris Richard hired as Defensive Backs coach

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
If true I assume this means Greg Jackson is not coming back and ray Horton is also not being hired.

All that is left is hiring a linebacker coach and tight end coach.

Leon left being named defensive line coach in full I imagine is going to happen also

Depends if they are letting Jackson go as he was the S position coach while Baker coached the CB's.

Richard would be the Defensive Passing Game Coordinator and DB position coach but I am not sure if that covers both the CB and S positions or just the corners.

We should find out soon enough.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Be funny to catch an unedited version...
There were several "updates" to Marcus Williams Wiki page after he whiffed on that tackle last week. It actually happens a lot.

Right after the Solange/Beyonce/ Jay-Z elevator incident a few years back someone edited Solange's page to say that one her occupations was "Jay-Z's 100th problem"

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We should have purged our coordinators too. The only reason we didn't is that they are making too much money. This guy will do more than learn from Rod, he'll probably put him out to pasture. I've seen way too many y coaches hang around past their prime, Rod is one of them. The modern Game has past him by. I appreciate his career, but he is not what he used too be. I've seen it first hand, up close and personal. Sad, when a very good coach becomes the butt of jokes when they keep hanging on instead of enjoying the golden years.

We like our staff, and replaced the position coaches because they were replaceable. Just a day or two ago we were talking about how we couldn't attract top coaches because of the lame duck senior staff. Turns out that was wrong, too.

I like the Richard hire. He's a great fit for a young secondary. He's gives us an inside track on Earl Thomas if he hits the open market. He's young and a guy to fill a DC void if Marinelli does retire, but it's silliness to suggest he's got anything on Marinelli at this point in his career.

Paired with Alexander, though, that's two upgrades to the staff as far as I'm concerned. I like the WR coach hire ok, too, though it looks more like a lateral move than an upgrade to me.

Does anybody know if Barrow took a gig elsewhere already? You'd think they'd talk to him about the LB role if he's still on the market, since he's got experience with Richard.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Depends if they are letting Jackson go as he was the S position coach while Baker coached the CB's.

Richard would be the Defensive Passing Game Coordinator and DB position coach but I am not sure if that covers both the CB and S position.

We should find out soon enough.

Could be. He has an expiring contract and has not been renewed which is telling.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We like our staff, and replaced the position coaches because they were replaceable. Just a day or two ago we were talking about how we couldn't attract top coaches because of the lame duck senior staff. Turns out that was wrong, too.

I like the Richard hire. He's a great fit for a young secondary. He's gives us an inside track on Earl Thomas if he hits the open market. He's young and a guy to fill a DC void if Marinelli does retire, but it's silliness to suggest he's got anything on Marinelli at this point in his career.

Paired with Alexander, though, that's two upgrades to the staff as far as I'm concerned. I like the WR coach hire ok, too, though it looks more like a lateral move than an upgrade to me.

Does anybody know if Barrow took a gig elsewhere already? You'd think they'd talk to him about the LB role if he's still on the market, since he's got experience with Richard.
WE?!? Lol!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Could be. He has an expiring contract and has not been renewed which is telling.

They could also hire Horton to replace Jackson as well, Stephen said we should know most major coaching changes within 10 days.

visionary

Reaction score
Yep. In waiting. Richards is a good coach - I expect learning a bit from Rod is attractive to many young guys. Despite how this board feels about Marinelli, he's very widely respected in the coaching community

Hmmm...
Good point
Maybe that's why Garrett was taken out of the offense and moved over to defense a couple of years back
Unfortunately he still didn't learn anything but that's besides the point
Jerry tried

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

giphy.gif