KTCK on what Parcells wants in his OLB

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crown Royal said:
I suggest you go to the DC.com archives and check it out again. After the press conference, Dale Hansen AND this board spent a day talking about it.

He was discussing what Gregg Williams does on defense, and said that though it is a good philosophy, disguising the defense, it isn't his. He went on to talk about how he doesn't feel he should ever have to do that, that he just wants his defense to beat you straight up, even if you know what is coming.

And regarding the blitzing - you know what I meant.

Personally I think the ability to blitz out of the Parcells' 3-4 is minimal anyway because if the situation seems to dictate "pass" we go to four down lineman.

jay cee

Reaction score
Rack said:
This thread, in general, is referring to OLBs. But littlewebs said ALL great 3-4 LBs were pass rushers in college. He even said "There are no exceptions".
He even named off some INSIDE LBs so no, that was not his theory.
You laugh, yet you are wrong. The guy referred to ALL 3-4 LBs. If you read (if you can) the posts, you'd know that.
I'm a little hesitant to jump into this p****** match but Littlewebs was referring to outside backers. I went back and I did not see where he edited his post.
Littlewebs said:
All the best 3-4 outside linebackers (and many ILBs) were defensive ends.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
jay cee said:
I'm a little hesitant to jump into this p****** match but Littlewebs was referring to outside backers. I went back and I did not see where he edited his post.

Even the part you quoted mentions ILBs. And he even named off a few ILBs.

I didn't need any help, but thanks for the quote. ;)