rexrobinson

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I'm going to laugh my arse off when the Cowboys take Wimbley instead

LOL I will laugh too, but actually be pretty happy with that choice

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Parcells said over and over again in press conferences that the team doesn't put consistant enough pressure on the QB to be called a great defense. A lot of fans still cling to 4-3 concepts, and they don't apply. If he really wanted a "complement" to Ware, wouldn't they have put more effort into resigning Fujita?

Exactly right. If you know Ware is the designated pass-rusher and the other guy is better suited for coverage it lets you know how to set up your blocking scheme thereby screwing up the versatility of the 3-4.

Best thing about bringing the heat in the 3-4 is that you can rush 4 just like the 4-3 but it feels like a blitz because the offense doesn't know where it's coming from.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
rexrobinson said:
LOL I will laugh too, but actually be pretty happy with that choice

I'd be happy with any of the 3, but Rack was saying how many are going to be disappointed come draft day if we don't take Lawson, he may be right, and he may be disappointed too :D

Smith22

Reaction score
adbutcher said:
No **** it was obvious. Just look at all the attention he was getting, if Ellis or anyone could have stepped up our defense would have been considerably better in generating pressure.

Ellis did step up with 8 sacks, then we basically benched him for no reason at all and took away most of his playing time. Hard to get a sack when you are on the bench.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I was high on Merriman, but yeah, a week before the draft Gosselin let it be known that Ware was the best pass rusher and was being looked at by Dallas and then their were some questions about Merriman so I switched even though I was for both. I just never liked Pollack much, he had the stats, just not the measurables and I think its best that your pick has both.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Smith22 said:
Ellis did step up with 8 sacks, then we basically benched him for no reason at all and took away most of his playing time. Hard to get a sack when you are on the bench.

don't know if I'm still on ignore, but, Ellis was put on the bench because we went with more 3-4 looks later in the season, and he wasn't holding up real well against the run

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
don't know if I'm still on ignore, but, Ellis was put on the bench because we went with more 3-4 looks later in the season, and he wasn't holding up real well against the run
Why would anyone put you on ignore?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
rexrobinson said:
I agree, from all the articles I have read and Press Conferences Parcells does, he seems to rather have defense that can put pressure on the Q.B. without having to call some exotic blitz or any blitz at all. He loves to manhandle offenses and his offense likes to manhandle defenses nothing fancy just brute force and proper execution.

I have posted this in so many threads it is ridiculous.

Still people get angry at Zimmer for not bllitzing.

There was a press conference last season where Bill literally spelled it out to say that he DOESN'T like to Blitz often or try to disguise things on defense. Went on to talk about the 2 schools of defensive thought:

Beating you straight up on ability without trying to 'trick' you

or

scheming, hiding, blitzing, etc (a la Gregg Williams, Buddy Ryan, Jim Johnson, etc.)

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
That rookie going through growing pains and learning the job still had 8 sacks, 3 FF and was the best pure pass rusher we've seen in a Cowboy uniform since Haley retired.

AMEN to that!!

rexrobinson

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
I have posted this in so many threads it is ridiculous.

Still people get angry at Zimmer for not bllitzing.

There was a press conference last season where Bill literally spelled it out to say that he DOESN'T like to Blitz often or try to disguise things on defense. Went on to talk about the 2 schools of defensive thought:

Beating you straight up on ability without trying to 'trick' you

or

scheming, hiding, blitzing, etc (a la Gregg Williams, Buddy Ryan, Jim Johnson, etc.)

yeah thats is the impression I have got from Parcells a lot of people have ignored that completly

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
rexrobinson said:
yeah thats is the impression I have got from Parcells a lot of people have ignored that completly

it's also simply common sense, just look at the talent Zimmer has had to work with, esp. in the secondary before last year

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theogt said:
I was stating facts, Rack. Facts. It'd do you well to familiarize yourself with the term and employ them in your analysis. Making stuff up makes you look like a fool.

Kinda like when you said Williams was getting double and triple-teamed in the Williams clip and I pointed out that he didn't get double or triple teamed on a single play.

You watched a video clip and stated facts based on something you saw?

That would be an opinion, Genius.

And a severely skewed opinion.

And I have NEVER said Williams was double/triple teamed in THOSE CLIPS.

Talk about making stuff up. F'in liar.

Parcells compared Ware to LT the day he was drafted, not enough praise?

Are you trying to tell me that it's Parcells' MO to praise his players? Please PLEASE tell me that's what you're saying. I'd love to prove you wrong two days in a row. ;)

does it matter if Haggans is as good a pass-rusher as Porter? he's still a pass-rusher, so the Steelers have 2 pass-rushers at OLB, and look at Haggans scouting report, is anything said about his ability to shed blocks?

No, he's a LB. He's not even the rush LB. Can he rush the passer? Yes. But I still wouldn't qualify him as a "rush linebacker".

this thread started from a quote from somebody who talked to a scout, or supposedly, how is that making crap up?

What the **** makes you think I was referring to the original post when I posted "I just get annoyed that people have to make crap up to justify their favorite player being picked"?

Dude, don't jump into a discussion late unless you're gonna read the whole thing and be caught up. That quote wasn't directed at the original post. If you'd read up you would know that.

I'm going to laugh my arse off when the Cowboys take Wimbley instead

What would be funny about it? Have you seen my sig? Wimbley is one of the players I'm hoping for (so is Lawson incase you didn't notice).

Exactly right. If you know Ware is the designated pass-rusher and the other guy is better suited for coverage it lets you know how to set up your blocking scheme thereby screwing up the versatility of the 3-4.

:rolleyes:

Again, who says Carpenter can't rush the passer? Just cuz Carpenter is better against the run doesn't mean he can't rush the passer. Having Carpenter at SOLB wouldn't make it any different for an opposing offense then if we had Lawson (in passing situations).

but Rack was saying how many are going to be disappointed come draft day if we don't take Lawson

For crying out loud! Where the **** did I say that?! It wasn't me that posted that, Sally. Again, I suggest you read up on a thread before you jump into a discussion. And pay attention when you're doing it.

He was disappointed last year too. His boy was David Pollack.

:rolleyes:

Pollack was one of MANY players I was hoping for last year. I'm not like you. I don't attach my mouth to a players nads and hold on for dear life.

Has ANYONE taken a look at my sig?

I was high on Merriman, but yeah, a week before the draft Gosselin let it be known that Ware was the best pass rusher and was being looked at by Dallas and then their were some questions about Merriman so I switched

So basically you don't have the ability to form your own opinion? You just go by what the media says?

You're not smarter then a freakin' cow. Just go along with the rest of the herd.

There was a press conference last season where Bill literally spelled it out to say that he DOESN'T like to Blitz often or try to disguise things on defense

That's a load of crap. Parcells never said he doesn't like to try and disquise things. Ever.

He did say the part about the blitzing though. However, if you NEVER blitzed out of the 3-4, you'd only be sending 3 every time.

Smith22

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:

No, I took it off. I like Canty as much as the next guy, but I thought our defense fell off more, especially against the run, once Ellis was taken out.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
The 2006 NFL Draft starts in: 1 day 8 hours 29 minutes 33 seconds