Video: Kurt Warner break: Dak Prescott vs Saints

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I heard some other analysts basically say this same thing. If you break it all down, Dak played well with what he needed to do. Especially without the run game, as it was shut down.
But IMO that was mostly due to Moore snd his stubbornness to keep trying the middle.

The only excuse for Moore is injuries, games in short time period, lack of practice.

I better see him get back something less basic but since Denver this offense has been a mess.

Reactions: CWR

phildadon86

Reaction score
The only excuse for Moore is injuries, games in short time period, lack of practice.

I better see him get back something less basic but since Denver this offense has been a mess.
Those are some pretty big excuses. I am expecting out O to be back on track this Sunday. If not. We have a big problem.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score

And that’s just without Amari Cooper..

Rodgers 10-0 without Adams..

Chiefs 4-1 without Tyreek.

Cowboys 1-0 without Dak and a healthy roster

The Raiders game disproves this narrative.

Out of these two options, what was the biggest factor in losing to the Raiders?

1. Dak Prescott (without Cooper AND Lamb) had 375 passing yards and 2 TD's. Throws inaccurate pass in last series.

2. Cowboys defense giving up 500+ yards vs. Raiders.

If you say Prescott, then there is nothing more to discuss.

I'll say it again louder for the people in the back... HE DOESN'T NEED EVERYTHING TO BE PERFECT, HE NEEDS PEOPLE TO DO THEIR JOBS.

Last edited:

DanA

Reaction score
Those are Dak's bad plays from the game and most of them aren't misreads, they are him coming off his read a fraction too quickly because he doesn't feel comfortable.

johneric8

Reaction score
I heard some other analysts basically say this same thing. If you break it all down, Dak played well with what he needed to do. Especially without the run game, as it was shut down.
But IMO that was mostly due to Moore snd his stubbornness to keep trying the middle.

Yes, I have heard the same thing being said around the league, it seems the only place where people are nut rolling on prescott is this forum... It becomes painfully obvious the more I'm on this forum I'm realizing that there are many here that are constantly looking for the negative when it comes to his game so it's easy for the less knowledgeable fan to get caught up in it and believe the dribble. When I watched the game again I was struck at how well he protected the ball and didn't make decisions that hurt our team, I really value this about him... I think to anyone without bias can see that he is good enough to get it done, but unfortunately we have to deal with Jerry and his deal with the devil..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Those are Dak's bad plays from the game and most of them aren't misreads, they are him coming off his read a fraction too quickly because he doesn't feel comfortable.

That I think is the main problem as well.

It’s like he’s looking to see if the guy is open instead of reading his coverage.

The coverage will tell you where the ball should go 9 times out of 10.

He’s got happy feet too. Mechanics are trash right now.

Then people want to blame the OL when the OL did their job but excuse it because Dak “didn’t trust it”.

Start trusting it. You’ve been one of the best protected QBs in the entire league all year & Tyron Smith is in the lineup.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
I'm not even going to lie or join the Dak sucks brigade but I will say this what Kurt showed us is very concerning because there is proof now something very fundamentally off with Dak. I don't know what happened but there is clearly something wrong right now with how he's playing the position.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The Raiders game disproves this narrative.

Out of these two options, what was the biggest factor in losing to the Raiders?

1. Dak Prescott (without Cooper AND Lamb) had 375 passing yards and 2 TD's. Throws inaccurate pass in last series.

2. Cowboys defense giving up 500+ yards vs. Raiders.

If you say Prescott, then there is nothing more to discuss.

I'll say it again louder for the people in the back... HE DOESN'T NEED EVERYTHING TO BE PERFECT, HE NEEDS PEOPLE TO DO THEIR JOBS.

You’re looking at the box score.

Watch the whole game. The offense was a problem nearly all game for us against the Raiders.

Dak made the box score look decent though after he threw for 200 yards late in the 4th quarter after the damage had been done.

You can’t go 3 and out all day on offense and then blame a defense that has officials all over them who are also dominating the Raiders on 3rd down only to go right back on the field after the offense stinks it up.

The only offense we got for nearly 3 quarters was when Tony Pollard did Tony Pollard things with his kick return.

Some of you I wonder if you even watch these games.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
The fans in the comments don’t understand that the ball should be released before the WR is clearly open.

It goes back to him not reading the defense or as Sturm puts it.. “Not seeing it.”
Absolutely correct I am a high school coach I spend countless hours explaining that exact point. You have to let that ball go to the spot your wr is going to go before he breaks Dak has been holding it a bit more since his injury and also using his legs a lot less it's starting to hurt the offense.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I haven’t watched it all yet but looks good.

Catch17---- i watched that video before i saw you put it up and Kurt Warner great job of exposing Dak's poor decision making and mechanics....i hope Dak can clean this up...hope he has coaches seeing

what Kurt Warner saw without even knowing scheme?

phildadon86

Reaction score

Watch the whole game. The offense was a problem nearly all game for us against the Raiders.

Dak made the box score look decent though after he threw for 200 yards late in the 4th quarter after the damage had been done.

You can’t go 3 and out all day on offense and then blame a defense that has officials all over them who are also dominating the Raiders on 3rd down only to go right back on the field after the offense stinks it up.

The only offense we got for nearly 3 quarters was when Tony Pollard did Tony Pollard things with his kick return.

The damage wasnt done. We went to OT.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I haven’t watched it all yet but looks good.

Dak impatient in his reads Warner exposed and Dak bailed way too much when if instead leading receiver shows TD's and or big gains?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Absolutely correct I am a high school coach I spend countless hours explaining that exact point. You have to let that ball go to the spot your wr is going to go before he breaks Dak has been holding it a bit more since his injury and also using his legs a lot less it's starting to hurt the offense.

sixFive----- exactly...watched that good video of Kurt Warner on Dak and Warner did not even know scheme fully and caught obvious errors Dak made....i hope Dak can clean this up before losing

confidence as we have seen occur with Wentz

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
most of all problems were Dak either not reading receivers or impatient and bailing

Even after it’s put on video in a easy way for people to see and understand some people don’t or refuse to see it.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score

In the post of yours I quoted, you only posted the win/loss record with and without Amari. Nothing about how the offense or defense did in those games. Now you say we are the ones who don't actually watch the games... lol wow.

Versus the Raiders... the offense was a problem, not the problem like the defense and penalties... but continue with your agenda blaming Dak.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

we do we even watched the fourth Quarter and can say he played well, I'm wondering why you turned the game off at half to hold your agenda on Dak.